How to remove my ex wife from my house

dp4868

I have been legally married in Thailand for 12 years. I met my wife in Hong Kong when we both lived there and we moved here, got married and settled down. Over the time here she has become increasing Thai, wanting more and more money for her family etc and doing less and less.

I have got fed up with all this and eventually managed to persuade her into a divorce. My problem now is that she will not leave. The divorce was a simple paper signing so there is no financial commitment to her at all. The house we live, in I have rented for the last 12 years and the agreement is in my name. Everything in the house is mine, I have the receipts to prove purchase. She has her own car, scooter etc, but nothing in the bank. As soon as I give her any money she spends it or gives it to her family.She now she says that she will never leave this house and that the owner will let her live her rent free. I know this to be complete rubbish as the owner is short of money now and because her husband just died.

How can she stay here in an empty house, because I will take all my furniture and she cant afford to pay the utility bills ??

I can move, but why should I, I can see me moving and then in a couple of months this house being up for rent again. So my question is how do I get her to move ??

I have been on this forum for many years so I know a lot of the answers I will get, but if anyone has any constructive ideas I would appreciate the input

Seems only option open is to move, or try this my friend waited until the gf went away then changed the lock and wen't on a short vacation himself,on his return hey presto missing thai lady took the hint.

So problem solved for him but your ex maybe smarter so first option seems to be the guaranteed way, so gl my friend.

• Like 2

I had an English gf, we lived together same time as you. I spent more than 250kEuro on property, I walked away.

Less pain for both, like I suspect your life was hell, same as mine for a while. Why would you want to prolong that pain?

Almost every poster has suggested that you should move on - what more do you need to hear?

• Like 2

Move somewhere she can't find you and get on with your life or kick her out and stay and then have her coming around banging on your door all the time or worse.

The answer is simple

• Like 2

If I were you I would give the landlord notice that you are leaving

Find a new place and move there

Your ex-wife seems to have no plans to move or earn her own money

You are not married or tied to her so why are you still giving her money

Cut of the cash flow and get out

That's right stay in, don't have anything to do with women, never risk a penny, never commit to anything, don't love and don't live, life does not work out in the end you know w00t.gif Be a smug know it all and just pay bar girls to be your 'wife'.

Edited by dragonfly94
  • Like 1

"I can move, but why should I"

Because then you are truly free of her.

Personally I'd move just to be rid of the aggravation (her) but then again if you need to ask the question ...guessing you going to stay. won't end well ...though

MOVE

MOVE!

• Like 1

Water always follows the path of least resistance...

Move...do not leave a forwarding address...change your phone number...

To be truly free you need to take control...turn the page...and start a new chapter...

Good Luck!

OP. First you need to know what the law states.

Everything you bought before marrige is you persomal property. Everything you bought during mariage, exept personal things like clothing etc, are common property that shall be shared fifty-fifty after a divorce.

Now the house you rent. You claim that you have rented this house for twelve years. My question is whether this rental agreement was duly registered at the land office and if so, for how many years? The law says that a rental agreement for a longer period of three years must be registered or else it is void after three years. In the worst case you might not have a legal claim to the rented house.

• Like 1

That's exactly what I thought. If you didn't agree to a divorce settlement of any kind, you do not have my sympathy.

The posters responding with "MOVE" sound like - how shall I say that delicately - macho types who consider women as disposable.

Just curious ....do you feel she is entitled to nothing more from you after 12 years married to each other?

• Like 1

Just move out put you stuff in storage and tell the land lord what you are doing and when the wife realises that she cannot live with no furniture or gas and electric she will move out and you can move back after changing the locks

You really need to move and start a new life, Move while she is at work let here deal with the landlord on her own.

Still amazing the power she has over you, Material things can be replaced , stay in the house and you may not wake up one morning.

• Like 2