Xena X1 and X2 Disc Locks

WingNut

Your right (DELETED), I meant to say "if it is supposed to require the key to lock it".

There was so much love in the air that I just lost track of my thoughts.

Edited by seedy
troll / flaming

Good find (DELETED), thanks. Only problem is those reviews are for both the X1 and X2 wrapped into one and the reviewer doesn't say which of the two lock models he has. As I said, my X1 no key needed to lock and X2 require the key. So X2 is bigger and stronger, but less convenient. Unless of course it's a defect in my X2.

I actually wrote to Xena through their web site last week already about this. That was my first attempt to figure this out, but they never replied. Seemingly their customer support isn't so impressive.

Yeah, I'm just not sure. The pin on the X2 looks like it needs to be rotated by the key to be positioned to go into the locking hole. So perhaps it isn't defective. The X1 seems to have just a straight round pin which doesn't need to be rotated by the key to lock it down and so can just be pressed in with your finger. But on the X2 I'm wondering if there should be a way to leave the pin in the correct position for locking after the key is removed so that it can just be pressed down and locked with your finger only as well. That's the part that I'm uncertain about and whether it is defective or not. I am able to move the pin into different positions with the key inserted, but then the key can only be removed when the pin is in a position where it can't be sunk into the lock later. All a bit curious. The lock is so big and heavy that kneeling down to lock it into the brake disc with the key inserted isn't so easy. So you would think they would have designed it like the X1 to be locked more easily without the key. But who knows. You would also expect the two locks to work mechanically in the same way since they are of the same design. The only real difference is one is bigger and one is smaller. But again, who knows really if they are meant to operate differently.