Lads go for a pint and end up 7,000 miles away in Thailand

webfact

Just go's to show the evils of drink , most just go to their local and dream of greener pastures ,I don't know why the boys didn't go to Grenada in the caribbean, lots cheaper than Thai and all speak English, you can own your own home and set up your own business, have fun guy's.biggrin.png

• Like 1

"Some of the lads have serious girlfriends and kids and it's been pretty intense for some of them.I wouldn't like to be facing the grief that some of them will be inevitably going home to. But no-one's misbehaved to be fair."

Yeah, sure.

What happens on tour, stays on tour.

Honest dear nothing happened, it was just a bit of fun.

You HAVE TO believe me !

• Like 1

Not quite the way the headline suggests.

When I used to drink similar things would happen and we would literally wake up in a different country. It usually happened when a few of us went on an all day bender. At some stage one of us would get a mad idea of heading off to Spain,Portugal or Turkey, just about anywhere we could that was far from where we were. Most of the time we didn't even remember getting there (what I now know is called a blackout). These lads didn't decide to go till the day after the drinking when they said they should head over to Thailand and join friends already there.

Just go's to show the evils of drink , most just go to their local and dream of greener pastures ,I don't know why the boys didn't go to Grenada in the caribbean, lots cheaper than Thai and all speak English, you can own your own home and set up your own business, have fun guy's.biggrin.png

maybe the girls in Grenada are not so friendly

I often have traveled on 1/2 day notice. Several of my work contracts have ended quite suddenly. Once I got a phone call Friday night at the mall telling me no need to report Monday. Once on a Thursday I turned around to go back into the lab and my badge no longer worked! Once a dumb looking company security guy came to my desk and said go. OK. I travel light as I work away from home. I give the landlord any remaining notice or rent, or check out of the hotel, put the stuff in the car, and off to the airport. Sometimes I am lucky enough to be near some people I know that let me park my car with them. Other times I just have to go for the long term parking at the airport, or in Seattle found a great deal with the Self Storage place. First month $ 39, second month $1.

• Like 2

"Some of the lads have serious girlfriends and kids and it's been pretty intense for some of them.I wouldn't like to be facing the grief that some of them will be inevitably going home to. But no-one's misbehaved to be fair."

Yeah, sure.

What happens on tour, stays on tour.

It reminds me of a bar in Hong Kong called Amnesia "where you forget you have a job, a wife and two kids ..."

Edited by JohnnyJazz

I often have traveled on 1/2 day notice. Several of my work contracts have ended quite suddenly. Once I got a phone call Friday night at the mall telling me no need to report Monday. Once on a Thursday I turned around to go back into the lab and my badge no longer worked! Once a dumb looking company security guy came to my desk and said go.

You sound like a much sought after employee. biggrin.png

• Like 1

I often have traveled on 1/2 day notice. Several of my work contracts have ended quite suddenly. Once I got a phone call Friday night at the mall telling me no need to report Monday. Once on a Thursday I turned around to go back into the lab and my badge no longer worked! Once a dumb looking company security guy came to my desk and said go. OK. I travel light as I work away from home. I give the landlord any remaining notice or rent, or check out of the hotel, put the stuff in the car, and off to the airport. Sometimes I am lucky enough to be near some people I know that let me park my car with them. Other times I just have to go for the long term parking at the airport, or in Seattle found a great deal with the Self Storage place. First month $ 39, second month $1.

i understand this ive done it myself, end of contract a few of us have gone away for a holiday,,

but did you tell the papers,???

no and i didnt !

and im not a misserable old git,,,, ive done more then this lot would ever do,,,,

and still do the odd stupid thing to this day,,

a lot of things happen when you work away,, but they never get talked about

• Like 1