Lads go for a pint and end up 7,000 miles away in Thailand

webfact

You current day UK guys are bunch of pussies. If you want spontaneity involving complete lack of thought where "planning" was only considered an academic concept, come to my error back in the mid 70' s - Canada style. Go to a local bar and find yourself a couple of days later 1000 miles away form home with your car in a ditch or sleeping with someone's relative. Remember waking up and lifting the car out of the ditch with my 3 buddies. It was hilarious at the time. Just a minor set back as we continued on our adventure to Northern Canada. Remember meeting new friends on the way and being invited to barbecues. We were young lads in our 20's not like these old UK geezers of 30 plus with passports, credit cards, cell phones just in case of emergency, Lets's say drinking and driving was not strictly enforced. Safe sex, AIDS, ... never heard of it back then. Back in the day we made young Thais look like responsible adults - no easy task!

I think you meant ...

sleeping with my own relative.biggrin.png

`Back in the day` ... enough already.

• Like 1

High five's for riverhigh whop whop whop (not sure what his hang up is with 30+ UK guys)

Seriously good for the lads if they did do it on a spare of the moment. They must have had money to get there and they harmed no one (that we are aware of) why bash them for doing something like this?

Some strange people on TV lets bash turn everything into a negative because I'm a grumpy miserable T**T

You current day UK guys are bunch of pussies. If you want spontaneity involving complete lack of thought where "planning" was only considered an academic concept, come to my error back in the mid 70' s - Canada style. Go to a local bar and find yourself a couple of days later 1000 miles away form home with your car in a ditch or sleeping with someone's relative. Remember waking up and lifting the car out of the ditch with my 3 buddies. It was hilarious at the time. Just a minor set back as we continued on our adventure to Northern Canada. Remember meeting new friends on the way and being invited to barbecues. We were young lads in our 20's not like these old UK geezers of 30 plus with passports, credit cards, cell phones just in case of emergency, Lets's say drinking and driving was not strictly enforced. Safe sex, AIDS, ... never heard of it back then. Back in the day we made young Thais look like responsible adults - no easy task!

Yep, riverhigh certainly seems proud of his exploits as a pissed up prat.

No doubt many of us have been in similar exploits - although the ease and convenience of travel was not always the same, nor the size of disposable income. Most of us grow out of it. Looking back some great stupid times, and a few dangerous. But hell, riverhigh is right. Good fun for young men, seems to get more tacky and less laughable the older people doing it get though. 30 somethings, some married with kids ............... not really.

I often have traveled on 1/2 day notice. Several of my work contracts have ended quite suddenly. Once I got a phone call Friday night at the mall telling me no need to report Monday. Once on a Thursday I turned around to go back into the lab and my badge no longer worked! Once a dumb looking company security guy came to my desk and said go. OK. I travel light as I work away from home. I give the landlord any remaining notice or rent, or check out of the hotel, put the stuff in the car, and off to the airport. Sometimes I am lucky enough to be near some people I know that let me park my car with them. Other times I just have to go for the long term parking at the airport, or in Seattle found a great deal with the Self Storage place. First month $ 39, second month $1.

'I often.. once I got a.. once (on a Thursday) I.. sometimes I.. other times I...' What's up gk? Feeling left out? .. at least you'll always have your Seattle Self-Storage Deal! (..wasn't that a Nirvana song?)... wai.gif

High five's for riverhigh whop whop whop (not sure what his hang up is with 30+ UK guys)

Seriously good for the lads if they did do it on a spare of the moment. They must have had money to get there and they harmed no one (that we are aware of) why bash them for doing something like this?

Some strange people on TV lets bash turn everything into a negative because I'm a grumpy miserable T**T

No doubt many of us have been in similar exploits - although the ease and convenience of travel was not always the same, nor the size of disposable income. Most of us grow out of it. Looking back some great stupid times, and a few dangerous. But hell, riverhigh is right. Good fun for young men, seems to get more tacky and less laughable the older people doing it get though. 30 somethings, some married with kids ............... not really.

'(UK guys are a bunch of) pussies?'.. Don't even need to get myself (our ourselves) hung up on that one.. your blah blah blah blah blah U.S me-we chest-out macho-ism speaks out for itself, enough said.. enjoy your strut-filled memories Captain America, we salute you!!! clap2.gifwai.gif

• Like 1

Just go's to show the evils of drink , most just go to their local and dream of greener pastures ,I don't know why the boys didn't go to Grenada in the caribbean, lots cheaper than Thai and all speak English, you can own your own home and set up your own business, have fun guy's.biggrin.png

Yes , all true, but who wants to live with those neighbours.... give me Thai girls everytime... !! w00t.gif

So let me get this straight. Nothing happened in Pattaya? So that means they paid a bunch of money to sit around other farangs in pubs on the other side of the planet (Pattaya not exactly being a cultural centre of Thailand). What's the point of that? I hope their girlfriends/wives are dumber than they are.

"Safe sex, AIDS, ... never heard of it back then."

Hmmm... from what I can recall, there were also not a lot of single women about in northern Canada back then (if you really mean northern and not just some place like Timmins). You really did get lucky then...

And this is news ? Really ?

Well, you have to take into consideration the target audience.

Who are you, the ThaiVisa token intellectual? AKA the person that nobody would choose to have a pint and a good time with.

Ther is nothing like the moment. I done it once myself. I had just arrived back to work in UK after 3 weeks holiday in Thailand when some of my mates were talking about their upcoming trip to BKK for a long weekend. Not without me!!! 2 days later I was on the plane with them. Live life as you don't know when the end is coming.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

There's a bunch of old never done nothin's on this thread to bitch about

the lads from Middlesbrough adventure and diss this & diss that. Any of

you ever been to Middlesbrough? Didn't think so. A few days in Patts on

a whim & fancy would be great & they did it. If the wife or GF has a hissie

fit about it...so what...why should we care? They undoubtedly had money

and a great time. We should be happy for em in this day and age instead

of dragging their time away from the home pub through the cess pit.

Like me Chang hat says: Live Life Like You Mean It.

Good on ya lads...stay longer next time.

Edited by sunshine51

Just go's to show the evils of drink , most just go to their local and dream of greener pastures ,I don't know why the boys didn't go to Grenada in the caribbean, lots cheaper than Thai and all speak English, you can own your own home and set up your own business, have fun guy's.biggrin.png

"...you can own your own home and set up your own business..."

as indeed you can in Thailand also.

Such a bunch of misery guts on here. Just loved to have been at the opening of the thai visa bar with all these ragers. Been one hell of a night. All sitting and moaning together.

You're right, it was a nightmare for all the regular customers of that bar that actually paid for their own drinks. Thankfully the vast majority of them never returned.

Good for them. The furthest that i ever ended up, after a session, was France. Still, I wouldn't want to be in their shoes when they get home to their wives and girlfirends biggrin.png

I know it doesn't happen much in LOS, but some men do actually wear the pants!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why Thailand? A choice was consciously made.

Why not Syria?

Have you not heard?

There are no restrictions to umbrellas and deckchairs on the sand in Syria.

They're bloody everywhere........................................sad.png

tongue.png

'(UK guys are a bunch of) pussies?'.. Don't even need to get myself (our ourselves) hung up on that one.. your blah blah blah blah blah U.S me-we chest-out macho-ism speaks out for itself, enough said.. enjoy your strut-filled memories Captain America, we salute you!!! clap2.gifwai.gif

When growing up we were all "Captain Americas" in our own minds ... lol. Aaah, youth and testosterone a deadly combination. By the way Canada is not part of the US. Well at least not the last time I checked (smile)!

I think you meant ...

sleeping with my own relative.biggrin.png

`Back in the day` ... enough already.

Not that kind of movie Bro (smile) ....

"Safe sex, AIDS, ... never heard of it back then."

Hmmm... from what I can recall, there were also not a lot of single women about in northern Canada back then (if you really mean northern and not just some place like Timmins). You really did get lucky then...

Correct. There were not a lot of single women ... (smile). I don't believe I mentioned that she was single nor, for that matter of fact, a "good looker". You have to work with what you got ... lol. In those days the faster you drank the faster the ugly girls went away (smile).

Been there done that, although not as far as Thailand. Me and a mate in a drunken stupor though it'd be a great idea to go to Amsterdam. My mate fell asleep on the flight and I made the most of the complimentary Heineken. When my mate woke up on the decent he he had forgot about are idea. Wish I had a picture when I told him we were touching down in Amsterdam!!

We had a cracking 3 days, even managed to miss our flight home thanks to Jagerbombs and making use of the famous cafes.......

This is news because.....?

Because it is humorous.......we've all done stupid things in our lives...let's have a laugh at a couple of decent lads who "wandered off" for a bit!!!

Hope they will enjoy telling their grand-kids about this bit of a lark!!

This is news because.....?

Because it is humorous.......we've all done stupid things in our lives...let's have a laugh at a couple of decent lads who "wandered off" for a bit!!!

Hope they will enjoy telling their grand-kids about this bit of a lark!!

Will they live long enough for grandkids? Taste of Thailand, few years time will probably be moaning on here about the lady that took them for everything.