Eagle GPS store in Chiangmai, is it still trading ?

kalbz

Does anybody know if Eagle GPs store in Pantip Plaza Chiangmai is still open & solvent ?

I ordered & paid for a dashcam 2 months ago & as yet have not received it. They don't answer my emails. I rang them & a Thai lady answered, she said i would get it next week without asking me my details. Felt like a brush off.

Anyone else having problems with them?

I live too far away to be able to knock on their door & find out.

• 1 year later...

A post on rideasia.net of 17 Feb 2016 under the title, 'Eagle GPS, Chiang Mai, Thailand', advises 'The new owner of Eagle GPS in Chiang Mai is off to Africa to work and is looking to sell/ transfer the business. If you can't find Sam at the Pantip Plaza shop, this is why.'

Is there any other source in Chiang Mai for Garmin GPS units? I'd like to see and hold what I may buy, rather than buy blind through the Internet.

And if a 'yes' to the above, is there any servicing available in Chiang Mai for Garmin GPS units?

Thank you, Kalbo123: per your note, I visited K-Photo this afternoon. Personnel there were extremely helpful. It doesn't do repairs, but it does coordinate same. Unfortunately for me, it turns out that ESRI, Garmin's representative in Thailand, stopped repairing the nuvi 1250, my old unit, two years ago (I used it for seven years). So I bought a Garmin nuvi 57LM from K-Photo. The salesman proved knowledgeable, quickly setting it up, taking me up on the roof car park to demo it, and downloading a user manual. I should have upgraded long ago: the nuvi 57LM is more expensive than the old 1250, but it responds to / processes satellite info much more quickly than the 1250, and map updates are available quarterly for free via the Internet.

Many, many years ago I bought a stand alone unit from the a nice Polish gent,Mauricy, who it seems 'used to' own Eagle GPS--that was before I got a decent Smartphone with access to both Google Maps, Nokia Maps and another app that actually downloads maps to the device for use when zero internet or data are available--I never looked back.

What a shame, I ordered a couple of items from them and always good service, and I am in the market for a Nuvicam LM and I thought to order from them, but unfortunately no go.

The owner was (is) a member here but haven't seen him around since a long time.