Sinet Office

Beng

A word of warning about Sinet. Check the details of your agreement and full cost of installation (if any) carefully and be sure you are getting factual answers.

The office at Maya failed to tell us what Central Festival's Sinet kiosk would, that westerners are required to pay 100% of the fees up front for a one year period prior to any installation commencing.

We were ready to sign the agreement but that day the manager at Maya was out, and later that day we inquired about our installation at Central Festival and were told it was being held until we paid all the fees up front. The manager held this information from us and from my Thai assistant who was coordinating the installation. No excuses here for miscommunication or language.

I had high hopes for Sinet, but it was never to be.

I rang Sinet at C Festival yesterday. Half an hour later a sales guy showed up at my place.

Had to pay 599 Baht for fibre optic15/5 MB (one month no contract) plus 497 for installation and router.

The next day, 3 technicians came and set everything up. Took them 2 hours though to get the desired speed running.

I am getting 16/6 MB most the time. Should it stay like that, I'll extend for more months.

The brother of the CEO of Sinet spent 15 years in Canada and is married to a Canadian wife.

Very good english and very helpful guy. Easy to sort out any questions with him.

If needed PM me for his phone no.

I was told that based on my building, I could only get the 950 per month service, as it involved running a specific fiber optic cable from the pole to my balconey, which is what 3BB did, for the 623 per month service..but it is not FO, and speeds are 12/.65....I paid 6 months up front, on a one year contract with a 5000 thb penalty for early cancellation. It has been very pleasant dealing with them. 8% discount if I pay another year in advance, but I feel like any problems will be more quickly addressed, if they know I can cancel them at the end of the month. I bought their router for 650, and they programmed it, and guaranteed it at the same office....so having one place to go seemed worth it to save 300 on a router that could have led to "finger-pointing," which is what it is called in the US.

The only thing I can't figure out is the gender of the tall promo lady in high heels at KSK.

Edited by bangmai

• 4 weeks later...

Its Monday today April 21st 2015

I took the family to Central and applies for their service 50/30 as I stream via Twitch

Paid 1 month, plus service fees etc...

I was given a bag with the modem, wireless router, tshirt (Songkran promo) and a coffee cup

I was told that this coming Wednesday, the techs will arrive to install it.

I live in a house, in San Kaempeng (Near Homeland? the big DIY shop near the corner of the main intersection)

I currently run 3BB premier at 6/.5 and will be leaving it on just in case, as I have never been in a position to trust Thai people when they make promises.

I also stream 1080 via my Canon DSLR, so thats important... (I just purchased an adapter for the DSLR from the USA, so I dont need to change batteries all the time)

I will keep everyone updated, as I know how much this subject can be wishy washy when dealing with Thais who believe that all good content comes from Thailand and that is why speed is not so good outside of Thailand

----------------

A few months ago I asked for FTTX to be installed, but was told "not in my area"... yet, so it was nice to know it is... Last week I enquired about Sinet in my home and a tech came out thursday/friday last week to see how much extra I need to pay if I am x distance from the main box, which turned out to be close enough that I dont have to pay extra...

I will stream the results I get from points n BKK, areas of the USA, parts of Europe etc. As there is some talk that speed tests are rigged, I will also do a speed test (and stream a video) using XSPLIT to give me a value at what I can stream to their servers.

This should give a better indication of "real use" speeds...

My 3BB is reliable as all f*** and I have been using it for 6 years in Pattaya and the past 12 months in Chinag Mai with the only hiccups being when it "hints" of rain and all connections go down.

Thats why I will still keep it running until I am 100% certain that the SINET FTTX package will serve me better... Fingers crossed!

3BB I pay 2500-ish a month .... With SINET I will be paying 1900-ish a month, so the savings is negligible, but its not the reason for the switch. As I said, I need to stream and that is my only concern

My wife uses her mobile a lot, and my kids use their tablet frequently and I am suprised how 3BB has held up to our abuse....

Once I publish my results in a following post and if the results are positive, I will welcome anyone to test for themselves, without any BS sales pitch... Just falang to falang...

I live by the Internet as its my income, so I know how important it is for some people.... and glad to help :)

Its Monday today April 21st 2015

I took the family to Central and applies for their service 50/30 as I stream via Twitch

Paid 1 month, plus service fees etc...

I was given a bag with the modem, wireless router, tshirt (Songkran promo) and a coffee cup

I was told that this coming Wednesday, the techs will arrive to install it.

I live in a house, in San Kaempeng (Near Homeland? the big DIY shop near the corner of the main intersection)

I currently run 3BB premier at 6/.5 and will be leaving it on just in case, as I have never been in a position to trust Thai people when they make promises.

I also stream 1080 via my Canon DSLR, so thats important... (I just purchased an adapter for the DSLR from the USA, so I dont need to change batteries all the time)

I will keep everyone updated, as I know how much this subject can be wishy washy when dealing with Thais who believe that all good content comes from Thailand and that is why speed is not so good outside of Thailand

----------------

A few months ago I asked for FTTX to be installed, but was told "not in my area"... yet, so it was nice to know it is... Last week I enquired about Sinet in my home and a tech came out thursday/friday last week to see how much extra I need to pay if I am x distance from the main box, which turned out to be close enough that I dont have to pay extra...

I will stream the results I get from points n BKK, areas of the USA, parts of Europe etc. As there is some talk that speed tests are rigged, I will also do a speed test (and stream a video) using XSPLIT to give me a value at what I can stream to their servers.

This should give a better indication of "real use" speeds...

My 3BB is reliable as all f*** and I have been using it for 6 years in Pattaya and the past 12 months in Chinag Mai with the only hiccups being when it "hints" of rain and all connections go down.

Thats why I will still keep it running until I am 100% certain that the SINET FTTX package will serve me better... Fingers crossed!

3BB I pay 2500-ish a month .... With SINET I will be paying 1900-ish a month, so the savings is negligible, but its not the reason for the switch. As I said, I need to stream and that is my only concern

My wife uses her mobile a lot, and my kids use their tablet frequently and I am suprised how 3BB has held up to our abuse....

Once I publish my results in a following post and if the results are positive, I will welcome anyone to test for themselves, without any BS sales pitch... Just falang to falang...

I live by the Internet as its my income, so I know how important it is for some people.... and glad to help smile.png

Looking forward to your results.