Greatest German ever

See, got a sense of humour. Not one of those dark deep Yerman people we know and think.

It must be soul destroying to be called a Swiss person. I know, it happens to me practically every day. But now i have my new Irish passport i can just rise above all that!! It arrived yesterday.

• Like 1

For a very small country, Switzerland can be very racist. I have lived here for 40 years and the animosity between the three parts is rather mind blowing. They may be neutral in war thingys but within their borders they are nasty bastards.

Willkommen to CC's hometown. It is a popular retirement spot for seamen.

Where the heck is it- looks lovely....

No idea, mate. But like other small German towns I have been in, it's probably very delightful.

Greatest German for me was the station master at Nuenstein ... typical big, jolly guy who took me personally to the local youth hostel and then introduced me to everyone in town (well, it seemed like it). In the three days there, I never had to pay for a thing - friendliest people I have ever met.

• Like 1

Willkommen to CC's hometown. It is a popular retirement spot for seamen.

Many years ago I drove through the German town of 'Wank'. biggrin.png

This is a place I have been to also. I was on my way to Switzerland to ......... post-227968-0-95647300-1427255604_thumb. Wankdorf in Bern . which is close to a place called...Bumpliz Sadly cant find a sign for that.

Edited by berybert
  • Like 2

For a very small country, Switzerland can be very racist. I have lived here for 40 years and the animosity between the three parts is rather mind blowing. They may be neutral in war thingys but within their borders they are nasty bastards.

I studied at the University of Zürich. Swiss people are officially the 2nd most racist people, with Japanese being number 1.

23fa612e15551fe230185e5d0aa31e3a.jpg

I consider Germany, Austria, Lichtenstein and the German speaking part of Switzerland to be one since they all share the same cultural values and language, therefore I choose Arnold Schwarzenegger. He was a world class bodybuilder, a world class actor, a world class politician, and is now a living legend.

I would have to nominate Otto von Bismarck.

Actually, I would consider Bismarck to be the greatest German from a German perspective.

For the world, I would say Albert Einstein.

Edited by manarak
  • Like 2

Magnus Hirschfeld

attachicon.gifcl4376.jpg

ah, the contrarian post, LOL.

Not at all.

Why would you say that?

err... seriously, who has ever heard of Magnus Hirschfeld?

also, his achievement might be of special interest to you, but for the rest?

there is a list of 200 most well-known Germans here:

http://www.klartextsatire.de/kultur/100besten-liste.htm

Edited by manarak