Recommendations Please

Well to be honest COuntryGal... i dont suggest having an outdoor meal only because AUS is just coming out of Summer so im not sure how keen they will be about eating in the heat that BKK is in at the moment... Thats just my opinion as an Aussie....

My suggestion is AdMakers on Soi LangSuan... Really nice thai food and they have no problems to tone down the chilli if need be...

There is 2 thai guys playing great farang music on acoustic guitar... I wanted to stay there for hours listening to those guys... :o

You could try Yok Yor - the one opposite River City. Just go down to RIver City and get a boat across. Good food and cool breeze on the river. The other place worth a look would be V9 wine market and restaurant at Soiftel Silom. there is also a great looking Chinese restaurant there at the top level with good views.....decorated in old fashioned Shianghai style.

Sorry kinda change of topic...but is 300 - 400 baht a lot? What is it approximatly in US dollars? Just wondering how much she was willing to spend on a meal with good view.

350TB is roughly 9.00$USD. Not too much to spend... :o

I could think of 4 places off the top of my head

Just One on Sathorn Soi 1 - nice place to sit outside, relatively quiet but watch out for the mossies. Food is good - great - try the Tom Yam

River Bar - right on the Chao Phraya so you always get a nice breeze - go at night. Get the tables by the back near the ladies room, there are some lounge chairs there under a tree where U can take a little nappy nap after piggin out. It's near some bridge (forgot the name - but not the Thaksin bridge) and next door to the Royal Hotel. Food is good.

Hazara - Gorgeous place- traditional Thai housing with outdoor aquariums full of huge carp and dragon fish - cooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. Serves 2 types of food, Thai and Indian. I highly recommend the Indian. The Face Bar is there as well but too ###### pricey to drink it. The food though, as I remember was priced OK but I was a bit hammered so I'm not sure.

Anna's Garden - On Thonglor, near Soi 3. On your left hand side when going down Thonglor from Sukhumvit. Food is OK to good (get the flaming chicken), the atmospher is pretty chill and the music is a mix of disco house, trible house and jungle.

I'd recommend all 3 but I think Hazara is my favorite.

Enjoy