Recruiting agencies blame choosy job seekers for increased unemployment

webfact

Echos of George 'Dubya' in the US. "Of course we need illegal Myammar workers to do the jobs Thai refuse to do."

Give it time, the day will arrive.

There are no jobs people won't do, just wages people won't work for...

Or conditions they won't work under.

My husband quit a very decent paying job because he chose not to work for a company that would keep him busy well into the evening and then call him on Fri night with stuff that just had to be done by Monday. He just tossed aside a job paying 120k / month with no backup in place.

2 weeks later he was hired to start with a MNC beginning in 2 weeks. So he had a month to relax before going back into the corporate rat race.(with a 20% raise and 2 more weeks of vacation)

He moved on from that after 1 year, again for a raise and now can take a month off to travel the US with me annually.

He's at the point in his career where freedom is as important as income.

There is a quote from an old acquaintance that goes, "I know a dead when it ain't one." I guess people should just accept any job offering starvation wages, poor and unsafe working conditions, and virtually no fringe benefits. It's like blaming the demise of the Hugo on car buyers. 555

• Like 1

There is a quote from an old acquaintance that goes, "I know a dead when it ain't one." I guess people should just accept any job offering starvation wages, poor and unsafe working conditions, and virtually no fringe benefits. It's like blaming the demise of the Hugo on car buyers. 555

It should read "Yugo" instead of Hugo. Damned phone is thinking for me again.

Echos of George 'Dubya' in the US. "Of course we need illegal Myammar workers to do the jobs Thai refuse to do."

Obviously I came from a different time and era, because if I could find a job, I worked. And I did some pretty back-breaking, dirty, dangerous jobs in my lifetime. But it always beat the hell out of being unemployed. People nowadays? I don't know because I simply don't have that "I don't wanna work" mentality. What's the option? Sit on you ass and smoke crack all day? I don't think so.

Obviously I came from a different time and era, because if I could find a job, I worked. And I did some pretty back-breaking, dirty, dangerous jobs in my lifetime. But it always beat the hell out of being unemployed. People nowadays? I don't know because I simply don't have that "I don't wanna work" mentality. What's the option? Sit on you ass and smoke crack all day? I don't think so.

Crack? In Thailand?

I have no idea what you have done in Thailand for work, but I have seen totally unacceptable working conditions here. Remember we are not talking about a large unemployment rate.

Obviously this is one we could debate until the cows come home, but I really don't believe in the 'I don't want to work' fallacy. Being unemployed is demoralising, squalid, miserable and boring. Of course there are exceptions to every rule, but it is like saying prisons are holiday camps just because a few don't mind it too much..

• Like 2

In the borough of Ealing in UK, I know of architects and lawyers working as road sweepers for the council as they can't find a job.

Here they are choosy and in no way they can lose face.

Let them starve......they will learn eventually.

in Australia in the early 90's I had a uni professor as a "go for", he had been laid off as the uni cut some courses and he simply wanted to earn a wage. Really nice guy and he was prepared to do a lot of the dirty work as well, something it seems thais refuse to do, face is too important. Wifes half sister is a "bar girl/singer" and always complains she has no money(doesnt earn much), she was offered a factory job and refused as that would be "too hard" and beneath her(no education, as thick as 2 short planks)blink.png

In relation to the 'bargirl'singer' part with 'no money', do I need to take the "thick as two planks" literally or is it state of mind only?rolleyes.gif

Most of my wife's brothers and sisters are working somehow, but together they seem to have an awful lot of kids who regularly are in need of my wife's help.

definitely her brain functions mate, she also spits out kids then expects us to take care of them because she cant afford to & because it upsets her social life, the thai way of thinking is very different

Hell, my first 5 jobs sucked from pumping gas to washing dishes then I got the job I went to college for worked for 2 years and it even sucked then I found my perfect fit and did it 32 years same company and loved every minute of it. But I think the case here may not being picky but having the right skills for job. Besides how many Thai's you know can be turned lose on there own and complete the job correctly? I only seen two in 20 years.