Bangkok dammed by garbage

webfact

at the local port you see the thais ride up on their bikes with their fishing rods and all their household rubbish, they throw all the rubbish on the inside/shallow side of the jetties/piers and then start fishing on the other sideblink.png, really has me buggered how they expect to be able to catch decent fish when they pollute the waters they are fishing but then you see it everywhere you go, they just throw their rubbish on the ground, even inside the shopping centres. What ever happened to pride in their country or does that come second to not wanting to go out of their way to find a bin or to bag their crap, time for really big fines for rubbishing and making the police/govt workers enforce it, hit people in the pocket where it hurts and they might just change their attitudes.

• Like 1

The garbage issue begins well before disposal. If you have ever been out shopping in Thailand and refuse a plastic bag or straw(s), etc. the staff look at you like you are a village idiot. The fact that you may have a previously obtained bag to place your newly purchased items in or are able to carry said items "home" without the need for one seems to bemuse vendors.

And when is the city and its people going to deal with and prevent so much unnecessary waste? Like Never!

Why the F! People leave a drink in th bushes, on the step to a ATM............ What are they thinking?????? OH! there is a garbage god??? Thai people don't care about garbage, just take a side street and see the dumping of stuff good and bad. They just don't care............WTFart?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And when is the city and its people going to deal with and prevent so much unnecessary waste? Like Never!

Why the F! People leave a drink in th bushes, on the step to a ATM............ What are they thinking?????? OH! there is a garbage god??? Thai people don't care about garbage, just take a side street and see the dumping of stuff good and bad. They just don't care............WTFart?

Where I live people take care to prperly bag their garbage. Maybe we are just lucky I dont know.

And if there was "normal" garbage collection etc, it wouldn't be clogging pipes.

I see garbage/trash collection every night in Silom....in my country it is normal to collect only once a week. A Recycling plan here would vastly reduce the amount of trash but throwing trash into canals is inexcusable.

Your country doesn't have the urban density that Bangkok has. Nor does your country have the oppressive heat of Bangkok. Collection has to be collected daily here for public health reasons. Have you seen the amount of garbage people toss around Sala Daeng? If you are in Silom surely you can appreciate how difficult it is to walk around. I was trapped near the Suriwongswe Hotel last night when the deluge started. There are vendors on all the sidewalks, they cover up some of the storm drains and everything is paved over eliminating natural drainage.

Where I live people take care to prperly bag their garbage. Maybe we are just lucky I dont know.

Maybe you can get them to ride the train from Bangkok to Hua Hin. The people including the monks just toss trash out the windows as the train moves along. Railway lines are just one long line of garbage in Thailand.

Sorry to add this but honestly most of the thai don't give a sh't about garbages as soon as it s not inside their living room...countless thais from low to high so just go out from seven, throw their bag/can/package anywhere in the street or outside cities, in the wild...there is no proper education about ecology and the new generation don't give a &lt;deleted&gt;.K as well...Sure Karma will hit back soon..unfortunatly our children and grand children will be the ones who pay the bills for our mistakes...one more time

Bangkok is not "damned by garbage" Did it walk there by itself or something? No, it is the lack of planning, execution, responsibility, and addressing issues rather than just day to day buck passing and worrying about face. No one who could make a difference and hard choices will do so because it may make someone above them "mai subai".