Anyone had a first UK family visa multi entry 1 or 2 year application granted

Hi all

Iam about to apply for a family UK visa for my thai wife, and we plan to revisit frequently over the coming years, we can provide General dates, like birthdays, Christmas, and the like. Have fixed dates for our first trip.

We have 2 children with UK passports, new born, condo and car in bkk in her name adequate savings etc to fun all trips and medical insurance and the like. I have work permit and contract for Thailand, and have evidence of many visas for travel in Asia and Australia.

Iam wondering if anyone has applied for a mutli entry first time around and been successful and if so was it a 1-2 or 3 year.

Welcome anyone's experience please, before we submit the application and the payment!

Cheers

I'm not sure that they're very easy to get first time round, and that was the question, but certainly not impossible.

I didn't respond yesterday as whilst my partner recently was successful in her application for a two year visit visa, it wasn't her first visa for the UK, so not what you really asked.

In your case you seem to have strong ties to Thailand, a history of travel in the region and a desire to travel to the UK on a regular basis, so she could well be successful. There is however always a danger that the ECO might suspect that a first time applicant for a longer term visit visa is wishing to circumnavigate the settlement route, probably unlikely in your case, but the ECO could decide to issue a regular six month visa in which case the extra fee wouldn't be refunded.

Very easy to get

I'm not sure that they're very easy to get first time round, and that was the question........There is however always a danger that the ECO might suspect that a first time applicant for a longer term visit visa is wishing to circumnavigate the settlement route..........

Indeed.

Tonyk, perhaps you would be kind enough to expand upon your reply and advise the OP on how best to overcome this and any other potential pitfalls?

Particularly as I know a couple of first time applicants who have asked for a longer term but only been issued a standard 6 month visa; but I can't recall hearing from any first time applicants who have asked for a longer term and been given the term they asked for.

Edited by 7by7