Best pump for the job.

kevc

With the total lack of a water supply lately we're thinking of digging a bore hole for an extra water supply. The wife was in town asking about pumps and the shop steered her towards a 9,000 baht model saying the ones the diggers would supply around 5,000 baht aren't much good. Anyone have any experiences to pass on.

Hey yes Bloke I do have.

I live in Khon Kaen province

If you are near that give me a PM or write more on here.

I have a guy here that can put in a bore and get a good water supply, builds the filters to a standard that would with the extra shop bought filtration system render you drinking water.

I only use it for reticulation but I know he can get a good supply and filter to near drinking water level.

I don't want to advertise him here else I may get into trouble with ThaiVisa

This guy travels as well I think so maybe he is your man...fully Automatic systems and bores is his thing.

Regards

Thanks Nuddy we live in Buriram got a couple of different guys to do the job but when the shop told the missus of the better pump was just wondering if he was trying to sell her something we didn't need although don't mind the extra cost for peace of mind and asking the workmen wouldn't really inspire that. Thought a western train of thought would be more reliable.

Cheers,

I've bought a few water pumps in my 10 years living in Buriram Province. The current Mitsubishi water pump and Hitachi Inverter water pump at my home North of the Buriram airport were bought, installed and maintained by a family owned shop in Buriram. The Schaefer Legend Franklin Electric submersible well pump I bought in August 2014 from Ruangsangthai has proven very dependable in my wife's village land. I was show five different brands of submersible well pumps at Ruangsangthai in all different price ranges. The advise was given in English by the owner of the Buriram Builders Merchant Store, Mr. Pichai who understands and speaks English and Thai. He has both young and more experienced men working in his water pump installation department and water pump repair department. He told me he works with several different well drillers in Buriram and Surin Province. Some of the well drillers appear to be cowboys and play very loud music on trucks that could be in the Beverly Hillbillies TV show. Those well drillers might not always buy the top of the line products, might buy cheap pump controllers, might not understand the best way to wire a controller and they might mark up pumps to serve their needs. If the OP wants some options explained in English by a Thai shop owner who does not hide in an office and who gladly helps expats it might be worth his time to visit with Mr. Pichai. He is pictured in a blue shirt with two mobile phones. The man in the white shirt is his Honda garden tools, Honda Generator and Honda water pump sales advisor. The older man in the photo is 60 years young and supervised the water pump installations at my home in 2008 and has been to my house for water pump repairs, swimming pool pump repairs and new additional water tank installations. He is the only person of the four men in the photo that does not speak English, but he does know water pumps and water filters based on my dealings with him.

post-20604-0-32352900-1427384463_thumb.j

post-20604-0-75686000-1427384522_thumb.j

• Like 1

Kamalabob2 thanks for the info, do you have a telephone number as we're in Buriram centre in a couple of weeks time we live in Nang Rong. Haven't got a price yet for the job waiting for one of these two guys to come take a look.

Mr. Pichai is the owner of Ruangsangthai Buriram Builders Merchants which has two stores in Buriram. It has been my observation that he spends most of his time at his larger store on the Buriram - Phutthaisong Highway which is directly across Highway 2074 from the Buriram PEA Electric office. It is five minutes heading out of Buriram from the Ekachon Private Hospital. His store number is 044-666-484. His personal mobile phone number is 089-844-9680. He sells, installs and services Grundfos, Schaefer Franklin Electric, Mercury, Mitsubishi, and Frong submersible well pumps. He sells, installs and repairs Mitsubishi, Hitachi, Honda, Calpeda, Ben Luck, Mitsan, and Lucky Star surface pumps. A key reason I have been a customer of Ruangsanthai is that they installed my three water pumps, and if a water pump needed to go back to the store for repairs, they will bring a "free spare loaner water pump" to my house or to my wife's village plot of land where she pumps water for some crops. The only loaner pump I have needed in the past 10 years was a swimming pool pump to be fixed at his shop and in the two days it was not at my house, I had a loaner swimming pool pump provided by Mr. Pichai. The woman who is in charge of his Buriram Tool and water pump repair service department seems to understand and speak English which makes it easy when I do not bring my wife to Mr. Pichai's store. He is on google maps.

http://www.burirambuildersmerchants.com/location-map.html

post-20604-0-19739500-1427531675_thumb.j

• Like 1