Two Phuket men arrested with 45 kilos of kratom

webfact

Two Phuket men arrested with 45 kilos of kratom
Eakkapop Thongtub

1427426439_1-org.jpg
Surasak (left) and Yorhard with the 45 kilos of leaves.

PHUKET: -- Two men were arrested in Thalang yesterday (March 26) and together they had in their possession a total of 45 kilos of kratom leaves.

At 2:45pm, Thalang police led by Lt Col Weerayuth Sithirattanakol arrested Yorhard Arnati, 57, with 4.50 kilos of fresh kratom leaves at his home at Moo 3 in Pa Khlok.

The arrest of Yorhard came after police learned that Pa Khlok teenagers regularly came to hang out and take drugs at his house. Therefore, police raided Yorhard̕s home yesterday afternoon and found a sack of fresh kratom leaves in the bathroom.

After being questioned by police, Yorhard gave the name of his kratom supplier, Surasak Procksakul, 36, who also lives in Moo 3. Pa Khlok.

Police went to Surasak's home, carried out a search, and discovered 14 bundles of kratom leaves weighing 550 grams each. In total there were 750 bundles weighing 31 kilos, and also two bags containing 8.50 kilos.

Both Yorhard and Surasak were taken to Thalang police station, Yorhard faces being charged with possession of a Category 5 drug, while Surasak faces being charged with possession of Category 5 drug with intent to sell.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/two-phuket-men-arrested-with-45-kilos-of-kratom-51595.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-03-27

Can it be rolled up and smoked?

No, not that I have heard. It can be made into a tea or eaten

The kids are brewing it up with cough medicine, mosquito repellent and the powder from fluorescent light bulbs (i kid you not) to make a mix called 4x100..... I think I'll give it a miss.
  • Like 1

Does it make sense for police to spend time arresting people speeding in cars versus searching for a a drug ring? How about ticket for drinking versus looking for 100 kgs of pills? Or domestic arguement versus nuclear security? Look, it was low hanging fruit and i'm glad they got arrested. If they spent all their time creating the new iphone, that would mean billions to the economy!!!

Is it any more of a stimulant than the betel nut concoctions that older Thai ladies have been chewing for years?

I wouldn't know, having never tried either.

Yes, its got more of a kick than that betel nut <deleted>.....I have heard that, back in the day fathers would prefer their sons (or sons for that matter) in law to be a kratom user rather than a ganja user. The reason being that kratom promotes activity, its better for working. Well, thats what I've heard anyway......wink.png

Can it be rolled up and smoked?

No, not that I have heard. It can be made into a tea or eaten

The kids are brewing it up with cough medicine, mosquito repellent and the powder from fluorescent light bulbs (i kid you not) to make a mix called 4x100..... I think I'll give it a miss.
Si khun Roy..