Free Beer + Free Entry

rakchaingmai

No point in going Racing here. I love Horse Racing back in the UK, but here, all the races are fixed, you can see the fixing going on right in front of you if you watch the "senior uniformed guys" moving around the grandstand while the horses wait at the start post, sometimes for twenty minutes, until the message is relayed to the jockeys about which horse will win.

If you know about horsemanship, you can actually see some horses being pulled back by the jockeys as they come down the home straight!

Its just like buying a lottery ticket. Pick a number between 1 and 12 or 16, then hope for the best, thats the only chance you ve got !!

• Like 1

No point in going Racing here. I love Horse Racing back in the UK, but here, all the races are fixed, you can see the fixing going on right in front of you if you watch the "senior uniformed guys" moving around the grandstand while the horses wait at the start post, sometimes for twenty minutes, until the message is relayed to the jockeys about which horse will win.

If you know about horsemanship, you can actually see some horses being pulled back by the jockeys as they come down the home straight!

Its just like buying a lottery ticket. Pick a number between 1 and 12 or 16, then hope for the best, thats the only chance you ve got !!

I bet you dont get invited to kids parties anymore for telling them all where the prestidigitateur keeps those bunnies hidden. Edited by eyecatcher

Fixed? Here? Surely not?

• Like 1

And horse racing isnt fixed in the UK ?-really??

You never hear of owners instructing jockeys to hold the horse back for a few races until they get good odds, and then the owner and his cronies pile in when they run it?

Maybe its less subtle here, but I guess you can watch where the late money is going and place a late bet,, no?

• Like 1

You never hear of owners instructing jockeys to hold the horse back for a few races until they get good odds, and then the owner and his cronies pile in when they run it?

Maybe its less subtle here, but I guess you can watch where the late money is going and place a late bet,, no?

No, definitely not......the skill to succesful fixing is to make people think they know which horse will win, then everybody backs it, thus pushing up the price at post of the one that will win.....I would say at Chiang Mai Racetrack the skill would be to go to the window where nobody is betting, because that probably the one the Mr. Fixits have fixed it for!

All in all, its a fun day if you just go for a beer, a laugh, and a guess at what might win.....but if you think you can use skills like in UK, Aus, or USA to spot a good horse....think again! They even use the same horses with different names from week to week......so you ve got zero chance of following form !!!

If it is that easy to tell they are fixed, then that should make it easy to win a lot. Same thing I tell the stock market conspiracy theorists, of course they are never willing to short it. Pools are so small here, that a 100 THB bet can cut the odds in half.

No, definitely not......the skill to succesful fixing is to make people think they know which horse will win, then everybody backs it, thus pushing up the price at post of the one that will win.....I would say at Chiang Mai Racetrack the skill would be to go to the window where nobody is betting, because that probably the one the Mr. Fixits have fixed it for!

All in all, its a fun day if you just go for a beer, a laugh, and a guess at what might win.....but if you think you can use skills like in UK, Aus, or USA to spot a good horse....think again! They even use the same horses with different names from week to week......so you ve got zero chance of following form !!!

Seems to be plenty of race fixing going on in the UK....

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2013/jan/27/chopra-race-fixing-heffernan

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/horseracing/512043/Richie-McGrath-and-trainer-Kate-Walton-charged-with-race-fixing

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/66598/british-race-fixing-bans-handed-down

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/horse-racing/16186624

Seems to be plenty of race fixing going on in the UK....

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2013/jan/27/chopra-race-fixing-heffernan

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/horseracing/512043/Richie-McGrath-and-trainer-Kate-Walton-charged-with-race-fixing

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/66598/british-race-fixing-bans-handed-down

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/horse-racing/16186624

I m not denying that there may be "some" race fixing in UK, the same as sadly these days there also seems to be some fixing of football, cricket etc. At least in the UK if its done its done behind the scenes and you dont see it. At Chiang Mai Racetrack, all you have to do is go there and observe with eyes wide open and if you have any knowledge at all of Horse racing Procedures etc you can see the fixes happening right in front of you !!

As I said in an earlier post, the tell tale signs are that every race goes off about 15 to 20 minutes late, despite the horses already being at the start post, and when the horses approach the finishing post you can often see jockeys pulling back on the reins to prevent certain horses going ahead.

It really is that obvious, honestly !!

As I said in an earlier post, the tell tale signs are that every race goes off about 15 to 20 minutes late, despite the horses already being at the start post,

agreed backing winners at c/mai races is a hard task, but for a old pro as myself, one has to have a elimanation plan in place for each race,to find that winner

one of my main observations is the above quote

by the time they have reached the starting gates, generally i have my selections down to three, or less

if any of my selections is led into the stall immediately upon arriving at the starting gates, a red line is pencilled through his/her name

you want your selection placed in the stall in the last few,this can be easily applied by casting a very close eye on the tactics when the horses arrive at the starting gates

i strongly prefer my selections,to be placed in the stall in the last two or three, plus i like to have a inside barrier position, my pet position is number three to number six

therefore the late starting times etc etc ,can work to your advantage, i have a number of elimantions to work through before i come up with my final selections

and i do a stake betting plan as well, do i win???

overall i do o.k but betting in every race,brings u back to the feild, if i indentfied several races to have a bet on, i could be on a winner

but being a action packed mug punter, this is not possible, i just love having a punt on anything

• Like 1

No the skill to successful fixing is to predetermine which horse will win and all the entrants agree and run the race accordingly. Happens all over the world.

As I said in an earlier post, the tell tale signs are that every race goes off about 15 to 20 minutes late, despite the horses already being at the start post,

agreed backing winners at c/mai races is a hard task, but for a old pro as myself, one has to have a elimanation plan in place for each race,to find that winner

one of my main observations is the above quote

by the time they have reached the starting gates, generally i have my selections down to three, or less

if any of my selections is led into the stall immediately upon arriving at the starting gates, a red line is pencilled through his/her name

you want your selection placed in the stall in the last few,this can be easily applied by casting a very close eye on the tactics when the horses arrive at the starting gates

i strongly prefer my selections,to be placed in the stall in the last two or three, plus i like to have a inside barrier position, my pet position is number three to number six

therefore the late starting times etc etc ,can work to your advantage, i have a number of elimantions to work through before i come up with my final selections

and i do a stake betting plan as well, do i win???

overall i do o.k but betting in every race,brings u back to the feild, if i indentfied several races to have a bet on, i could be on a winner

but being a action packed mug punter, this is not possible, i just love having a punt on anything

I like your approach to this Evens but surely if you are still deciding, when they are shoving them in the gate, you have missed your chance to bet??

I must get down there and check it out, seems a fun afternoon, win or lose. Is it every Saturday at 12 do you know?

• Like 1

b/t ..cobber... when most of the nags are loaded into their gates, leaving say 3 or 4 milling around , u got least a couple mins to place your bet, experience will help u to get it down to a fine art

they sound a buzzer in the main stand which gives u a minute to place your bet, but that becomes scrum to get on, akin to the zoos early morning scrumslaugh.png

n/j..cobber..your post is called a .. BOAT RACE..in the land down under, very common in the old days, but a closer stewards eye is now taken

L/B..cobber..if u are punt drunk, we dont give a stuff about every race being fixed, nuffing like backing a winner fixed or not

if u back a winner which is fixed, are u going to return your winnings??? dont think so

its always about backing a winnersmile.png