15 Days Border Run, will there be any problem?

There is no limit on tourist visas other than at the same embassy or consulate.

You can get a 2 entry tourist visa at Vientiane or Savannakhet Laos that will give you almost 6 months without needing a new visa.

^ You can but to be honest you would be best spending the 2,00baht on a double entry in your home country before coming.

If cobrabiker looking for extra 90 days once ed visa finishes then double entry tourist or single (savannakhet) & 30day extension would be the safest, easiest & cheapest solution .

Yesterday I went to Mae Sot (yes, Mae Sot, not Mae Sai) to cross border and come back for 15 days stamp. I was denied exit by thai immigration officers. There are big signs which says, In - Out visarun not possible. Only if You have good reason. Well, I was not expecting that at all so I did not have good story to tell -> I was denied exit. They were strict that I have been in thailand "one visa 2 time and 2 extensions, No visarun, No in - out" This was going to be my first exemtion entry but no way.

Yes, I have many visas and extensions in my passport but they don't even looked them, just this last double entry TR with two extensions. 2 different people pointed just these out, nothing more.

After that 2 minute talk, I took my bag, bought bus ticket to Khon Kaen and then to Nong Khai. Went Vientiane, took shower in one guesthouse, there was beer lao too. Afternoon bus back to Khon Kaen and the officer at Nong Khai immigration just stamped me in with 2week stamp. That's it. He didn't say a word.

I arrived from Holland on the 30th of march and got my 30 days extension arriving at Bangkok; valid until the 28th of april.

As I will have to leave for Vientiane end of may(22 may) for about a 6- 9 days work/meeting (no holiday there unfortunately) I plan to get me, around 23 april, another 30 days extension by paying 1.900th at Chiang Mai immigration.

I think that this will work out and that I will not be having any problems in getting the extra-30 days extension.

BUT

The 22nd of may I will fly out to Vientiane from Chiang Mai and will have to stay in Laos until the end of the month. So about 7-9 days. I have a return ticket back to Holland dating the 25th of june from Bangkok to Amsterdam and would love to spend the three weeks in between in Pattaya. Will I have to get a tourist visa while being in Vientiane (only would need it for about three weeks) or can I fly back in ; show my return ticket dated the 25th of june and get another 30 days ?

My last real double tourist visa from Vientiane dates from april 2014 when I was in Thailand for 5 months. After that I was only in thailand for a short 5 weeks holiday from december 11th until january 20th 2015 .

Any suggestions ?

I arrived from Holland on the 30th of march and got my 30 days extension arriving at Bangkok; valid until the 28th of april.

As I will have to leave for Vientiane end of may(22 may) for about a 6- 9 days work/meeting (no holiday there unfortunately) I plan to get me, around 23 april, another 30 days extension by paying 1.900th at Chiang Mai immigration.

I think that this will work out and that I will not be having any problems in getting the extra-30 days extension.

BUT

The 22nd of may I will fly out to Vientiane from Chiang Mai and will have to stay in Laos until the end of the month. So about 7-9 days. I have a return ticket back to Holland dating the 25th of june from Bangkok to Amsterdam and would love to spend the three weeks in between in Pattaya. Will I have to get a tourist visa while being in Vientiane (only would need it for about three weeks) or can I fly back in ; show my return ticket dated the 25th of june and get another 30 days ?

My last real double tourist visa from Vientiane dates from april 2014 when I was in Thailand for 5 months. After that I was only in thailand for a short 5 weeks holiday from december 11th until january 20th 2015 .

Any suggestions ?

You got a 30 day visa exempt entry when your arrived not an extension.

You can apply for a 30 day extension that will start at the end of the 30 days not the date you apply.

You can get another 30 day exempt entry when you return from Vientiane by air since you will be out of the country for few days.

• Like 1

Yesterday I went to Mae Sot (yes, Mae Sot, not Mae Sai) to cross border and come back for 15 days stamp. I was denied exit by thai immigration officers. There are big signs which says, In - Out visarun not possible. Only if You have good reason. Well, I was not expecting that at all so I did not have good story to tell -> I was denied exit. They were strict that I have been in thailand "one visa 2 time and 2 extensions, No visarun, No in - out" This was going to be my first exemtion entry but no way.

Yes, I have many visas and extensions in my passport but they don't even looked them, just this last double entry TR with two extensions. 2 different people pointed just these out, nothing more.

After that 2 minute talk, I took my bag, bought bus ticket to Khon Kaen and then to Nong Khai. Went Vientiane, took shower in one guesthouse, there was beer lao too. Afternoon bus back to Khon Kaen and the officer at Nong Khai immigration just stamped me in with 2week stamp. That's it. He didn't say a word.

Thanks for sharing your latest experience, gotta watch out, only 2 & no more. Btw you can do a 30 days extension, as pointed out by very helpful Ubonjoe.

And can someone please explain specifically the 2 border runs? From my understanding, it is exit & re-enter Thailand the same day, so for example If I stay over for 1 night in Cambodia, is this counted as 1 also?

There is no limit on tourist visas other than at the same embassy or consulate.

You can get a 2 entry tourist visa at Vientiane or Savannakhet Laos that will give you almost 6 months without needing a new visa.

I have read that some people got a red stamp after the 5th or 6th tourist visa, that is why I try not to apply too much and do some border run instead. If someone already had 5 tourist visas, and was denied another tourist visa, will Savanakhet approve his visa?

^ You can but to be honest you would be best spending the 2,00baht on a double entry in your home country before coming.

If cobrabiker looking for extra 90 days once ed visa finishes then double entry tourist or single (savannakhet) & 30day extension would be the safest, easiest & cheapest solution .

Thanks, noted.