Come and get married in Pattaya

Thaivisa News

Pattaya, Chon Buri:- The Tourist Authority of Thailand Friday held a symposium to promote Pattaya as a wedding destination for Indian tourists.

The event was held at the Napalai Hall of Dusit Thani Pattaya under the title of “Wedding Planner Fam Trip and Industry Symposium.

The event was joined by 30 wedding planners from India who met and exchanged information with tourism business operators in Pattaya. The Indian wedding planners were welcomed by Pattaya Mayor Itthipol Khunpluem.

Soraya Homchuen, director of the TAT Office in Mumbai, said the market of wedding tourists in India was growing fast. She said about 200 Indian couples travelled to Chiang Mai, Phuket, Hua Hin, Bangkok and Pattaya to be wed last year.

She noted that wedding couples from India are quality tourists.

Soraya said Thailand has been voted the most popular wedding destination by Indians every year and the kingdom emerges as the top choice for Indians to visit for marriage.

As a result, the TAT has coordinated with the Thai Airways International office in India to provide promotion prices of air fare from four major cities, including Mumbai, Calcutta, and Chennai, to Thailand.

The Wedding Fam Trip has been held from Tuesday to Thursday, Suladda Sarutilawan, director of the TAT Office in Pattaya said.

On each day, she led the 30 wedding planners to visit tourist destinations and hotels in Pattaya and other eastern provinces that have capacity for organizing weddings.

She said Indian tourists love sea so the packages for the Indian couples will be held in three routes – Koh Chang-Pattaya-Bangkok, Rayong-Pattaya-Bangkok, and Hua Hin-Pattaya-Bangkok.

Having dispensed with the other tourists, Thailand knows where it's bread is buttered. India is the next place to tap into. It's a huge market, and the fastest growing economy in the world. Seems their loyalty only lies in their pockets.

Dispensed with other tourists? Loyalty to who exactly?

Of course they want to tap into other markets, That's how business works

I don't particularly care who comes to visit or live here. I'm not in charge.

I don't particularly care what the present or future regimes see as quality tourists. I'm not in charge.

I don't particularly care how many eggs are put into someone else's basket. I'm not in charge.

My time is spent enjoying whatever time I have left and trying to be a positive, helpful and compassionate person. That, I am in charge of.

• Like 1