Which country do you think produces the best tasting Beer?

For a production beer, I like Coors beer which is made in Golden, Colorado. Unlike most beers it isn't pasteurized and I think it tastes fresher and better than some for that reason. FWIW, it's made in the largest single brewing facility in the world.

For more than 100 years it was a West coast only item, and wasn't available anywhere else. The movie Smokey and the Bandit was about smuggling Coors beer to the East coast in the mid 1970's.

I bought a 1976 Black Trans Am just like that car when it was about 5 years old. I wasn't looking for one but it was for sale, had the big block and 4 speed and was a Bandit clone. IIRC I paid five grand for it and it was nice.

Cheers

In 2005, Coors was rated the third largest producer of beer in the United States, and the second largest brewer in the United Kingdom through its subsidiary, Coors Brewers Limited

Cheerio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coors_Brewing_Company

The best beer (beer country) and is there a God, are two questions that cannot be answered as a matter of proof.

Of course that does not mean we shouldn't ask these questions.

Das Pilsener (German - Windhoek)

Erdinger (German)

Windhoek Lager (German - Windhoek)

Beer Lao (dark) (Laos)

My favourites in order, having said that it probably shows how little beer by variety I have drunk in my life.

• Like 1

The best beer (beer country) and is there a God, are two questions that cannot be answered as a matter of proof.

Of course that does not mean we shouldn't ask these questions.

Erdinger (German)

Beer Lao (dark) (Laos)

My favourites in order, having said that it probably shows how little beer by variety I have drunk in my life.

Good choice though

Excuse my ignorance, but how can something from Windhoek (which if my geography is correct is in Namibia) be German?

Oh, and the question about "is there a God", that's hardly a matter for debate: the answer is unequivocally "no". It's pretty safe to conclude that for things for which there's no evidence whatsoever - pixies, fairies, angels, unicorns, leprechauns, ghosts, Eskimos, gods - they simply doesn't exist. The existence of a god is about as likely as Budweiser's producing a decent beer.

• Like 1

Excuse my ignorance, but how can something from Windhoek (which if my geography is correct is in Namibia) be German?

Oh, and the question about "is there a God", that's hardly a matter for debate: the answer is unequivocally "no". It's pretty safe to conclude that for things for which there's no evidence whatsoever - pixies, fairies, angels, unicorns, leprechauns, ghosts, Eskimos, gods - they simply doesn't exist. The existence of a god is about as likely as Budweiser's producing a decent beer.

Because it was originally a German colony, which became South West Africa and part of South Africa which eventually became Namibia, in some parts of Namibia German is still spoken

For those who love beer, checkout www.wishbeer.com, which offers about 400 different beers and shipping all over Thailand, sometimes cheaper than the supermarkets.

For british beers, Villa Market has an unparalleled variety. They offer beers from Theakston, Titanic, Wells, Young's, Courage, St Austell, Hook Norton, Wadworth, Beer Kitchen, Sambrook's and McEwans. For fullers beers, the Central Stores have them.

• Like 2

Here's my two pints worth. Any real ale from the British Isles. However this isn't about taste it is about personal taste and therefore the whole thread is pointless.

Why don't you request the thread to be removed based on your own opinion it's pointless? Good luck if you try that "pointless opinion" one not to mention we're talking about beer not ale.....

Here's my two pints worth. Any real ale from the British Isles. However this isn't about taste it is about personal taste and therefore the whole thread is pointless.

Why don't you request the thread to be removed based on your own opinion it's pointless? Good luck if you try that "pointless opinion" one not to mention we're talking about beer not ale.....

And the difference is.

Beer, a fermented beverage made from grains and yeast, is a popular drink all over the world. There are many different types of beer, although they are usually broken up into two basic categories: ale and lager. The term lager is often interchanged with “beer”, especially outside of Germany, which is why some consumers make a distinction between beer and ale, rather than lager and ale. The difference between beer and ale has to do with the way in which is it brewed, and how the yeast ferments.

Before hops became widespread in Europe, ale was a beer created without the use of hops, while lager combined hops with the other ingredients. As hops began to pervade breweries, however, this distinction between beer and ale no longer applied. Brewers began to differentiate between beer and ale on the basis of where the yeast fermented in the cask: ale uses yeast that gathers on the top, and lager uses yeast that ferments on the bottom.

Beer and ale both start out in the same way. Barley or another type of grain is malted, which means that it is sprouted in a moist environment and then dried. Brewers yeast is added and it ferments the beverage, usually very quickly, before the malt has a chance to spoil. Other ingredients such as hops are added to increase the depth of the flavor, and to temper the sweetness of the malt.

Ale is fermented at a higher temperature, and matures more quickly as a result. The yeast rises to the top as the beer ferments, creating a yeasty froth on the top of the beer cask. Lager is fermented at a lower temperature, and the yeast settles to the bottom as the beer matures. Lagerswere traditionally brewed in German caves, which got quite chilly during the winter especially.

Beer and ale can usually be separated by taste as well as brewing process. Ale has a brighter, rich, more aggressive, hoppy flavor, and often has a higher alcohol content as well. Lager has a smooth and mild flavor with a clear, clean finish. Examples of ale include any sort of beer with “ale” in the name, porters, stouts, and many German specialty beers such as Abbey ales. Lagers include pilsners, dopplebocks, and Oktoberfests.

Beer and ale also have different distribution patterns. Ale is found in the Belgium, the British Isles, and many former British colonies including the United States and Canada. Lager is widely served in Germany and other European nations, although some German specialty beers are actually ales. Many consumers have difficulty distinguishing between beer and ale on the basis of taste alone, as many modern breweries incorporate a variety of brewing techniques and flavors in their beers.

• Like 1

And the difference is.

Beer, a fermented beverage made from grains and yeast, is a popular drink all over the world. There are many different types of beer, although they are usually broken up into two basic categories: ale and lager. The term lager is often interchanged with “beer”, especially outside of Germany, which is why some consumers make a distinction between beer and ale, rather than lager and ale. The difference between beer and ale has to do with the way in which is it brewed, and how the yeast ferments.

Before hops became widespread in Europe, ale was a beer created without the use of hops, while lager combined hops with the other ingredients. As hops began to pervade breweries, however, this distinction between beer and ale no longer applied. Brewers began to differentiate between beer and ale on the basis of where the yeast fermented in the cask: ale uses yeast that gathers on the top, and lager uses yeast that ferments on the bottom.

Beer and ale both start out in the same way. Barley or another type of grain is malted, which means that it is sprouted in a moist environment and then dried. Brewers yeast is added and it ferments the beverage, usually very quickly, before the malt has a chance to spoil. Other ingredients such as hops are added to increase the depth of the flavor, and to temper the sweetness of the malt.

Ale is fermented at a higher temperature, and matures more quickly as a result. The yeast rises to the top as the beer ferments, creating a yeasty froth on the top of the beer cask. Lager is fermented at a lower temperature, and the yeast settles to the bottom as the beer matures. Lagerswere traditionally brewed in German caves, which got quite chilly during the winter especially.

Beer and ale can usually be separated by taste as well as brewing process. Ale has a brighter, rich, more aggressive, hoppy flavor, and often has a higher alcohol content as well. Lager has a smooth and mild flavor with a clear, clean finish. Examples of ale include any sort of beer with “ale” in the name, porters, stouts, and many German specialty beers such as Abbey ales. Lagers include pilsners, dopplebocks, and Oktoberfests.

Beer and ale also have different distribution patterns. Ale is found in the Belgium, the British Isles, and many former British colonies including the United States and Canada. Lager is widely served in Germany and other European nations, although some German specialty beers are actually ales. Many consumers have difficulty distinguishing between beer and ale on the basis of taste alone, as many modern breweries incorporate a variety of brewing techniques and flavors in their beers.

That's a very professional copy and paste 10/10 for that [emoji106]

It was about 1965 when draught lager hit the UK. I first came across Heineken in Bristol at 3 shillings a pint, absolutely extortionate, normal beer was about 1 shilling and 8 pence at the time. Prior to then lager was only available in bottles and considered a ladies drink, normally served with a shot of lime.

How times have changed, the alehouse has become the lager house and drunks are now referred to as lager louts.

It is amazing what clever marketing can achieve. The modern population has been brainwashed into believing that for hundreds of years people had no real beer to drink, that it wasn't until refridgeration could be used that beer became palatable. "Extra Cool" is now the buzz word in beer, even Guinness had to take it on board.

Temperature has a significant effect on the taste of beer so the op question has to a certain point a lack of definition. What may have been more appropriate is Which country do you think produces the best tasting Beer at room temperature?

I wonder how many on here have actually gone into a bar and bought a beer to drink that was at room temperature. Very few I suspect and mostly from the UK. Bottles of beer on the shelf and a firkin sat on the bar would be an alien concept to most nationalities.

I got to go with the Checks Pilsner Urquell with Germany in a close 2nd ! The 1 st Pilsner Urquell I tasted was on a German Merchant Ship in Norfolk, Va. I mean if the German ship's Captain is buying it , I thought I'd at least give it a Taste : a few six packs later I took the Captain out for Dinner and he gave me a case !

But I will admit that in 1978 I tried Heineken in a Brown Bottle for the first time ever in Amsterdam and compared to the nasty stuff in Green bottles elsewhere , I was amazed at how good it was and I had always enjoyed Grolsch from Holland previously !

But I am sure at certain times and places , the beer you had in front of you on one really hot day , were you've worked up quite a thirst , that almost any descent beer tasted like the best Beer you ever tasted in your life !

post-35854-0-45416500-1429782907_thumb.j