Security tight for PM, Cabinet in Hua Hin

Lite Beer

Security tight for PM, Cabinet in Hua Hin
THE NATION

30256947-01_big.jpg?1427496919795

HUA HIN: -- MORE than 3,000 police and troops were deployed as security for the two-day mobile Cabinet meeting that began yesterday in Hua Hin.

Following last week's discovery of explosives and ammunition three kilometres from the venue, police decided to step up security.

National Police commander General Somyot Pumpanmuang said both uniform and plainclothes police had been deployed.

Police are still looking for the suspects who dumped the explosives and ammunition, said Somyot, adding that the investigation process required time because it needed to be conducted with accuracy.

On the sidelines of the Cabinet meeting yesterday, Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha visited Hua Hin's Chatchai market and greeted the crowd with the hand gesture signalling love.

Prayut arrived at the market at 10.40am with other ministers embers of the Cabinet, including Commerce Minister General Chatchai Sirikalya and Interior Minister General Anupong Paochinda.

Among those who welcomed the PM were local officials, tourists and shoppers. There was no sign of dissent. Prior to the premier's arrival, famous songs composed and popularised by the National Council for Peace and Order, Prayut's "Returning happiness"- were played over loudspeakers.

People shouted "PM fights on" and "The people of Hua Hin welcome you".

The PM replied that he was delighted to see everyone and he loves everyone.

He told the media he was delighted by the sincerity expressed by the crowd.

"This is a great moral boost that encourages me to carry on [with my duty]. Don't worry, I still have the courage [to fulfil my duty]," said the premier.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Security-tight-for-PM-Cabinet-in-Hua-Hin-30256947.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-28

Judging from that photo of "tight" security measures, I would hate to see what their "Lax" security measures would be.

He probably had a banana skin at the ready, to ward off any would-be assailant...whistling.gif