Daughter’s video filed as evidence of domestic violence

Thaivisa News

Ubon Ratchathani:- A wife has filed a police complaint charging her husband for physical assault and citing her 13-year-old daughter’s video clip as evidence.

The wife said in the latest incident on Wednesday’s night, her husband severely beat her after hearing that she had no money to give him for buying illicit drugs.

Since the beating frequently happened between her mother and stepfather, the daughter said she wanted to help her mother.

She told police that she had used her mobile phone to record a short video clip of the beating so that there would be proof of the temperamental and violent-prone stepfather.

When police arrived at the scene, the husband refused to go to the police station and was subdued and handcuffed.

In his initial statement, he said he was not drug abuser and that he did not beat his wife.

Confronted by the stepdaughter’s clip, he changed his statement and admitted to using drugs and to the physical assault charges.

The wife told police that she and her husband have been living together recently.

When she allowed him to move into her family’s home, he was “nice”. She did not suspect that he was drug addict.

About a month ago, he began to get drunk frequently and to refuse to get any job, she said.

She said she suspected he took her money to buy methamphetamine, known as “yaa baa”.

In the last few weeks, he beat her no less than 10 times. He also hit at her daughter sometimes because she “got in the way”, she said.

Police have initiated legal proceedings against the husband and asked social workers to intervene and assist the mother and the daughter as victims of domestic violence.

This is why most other Asian countries have death penalties for drugs. Enough is enough with this ya baa crap. The good general should be focusing some energy on the drug trade instead of listening to himself talk all the time.

• Like 1

This is why most other Asian countries have death penalties for drugs. Enough is enough with this ya baa crap. The good general should be focusing some energy on the drug trade instead of listening to himself talk all the time.

Yes...... Let's do like Thaksin, and KILL'EM ALL....

• Like 1

As I have said all along for over 10 years now . This is one of the major problems in Thai society. Men abusing woman and society looking the other way

No one (woman, man or child) should accept this . This is one area of Thai society which must change It is not acceptable PERIOD

Good girl, hopefully the animal won't be allowed anywhere near

her or her mother ever again.

“There'a a phrase, "the elephant in the living room", which purports to describe what it's like to live with a drug addict, an alcoholic, an abuser. People outside such relationships will sometimes ask, "How could you let such a business go on for so many years? Didn't you see the elephant in the living room?" And it's so hard for anyone living in a more normal situation to understand the answer that comes closest to the truth; "I'm sorry, but it was there when I moved in. I didn't know it was an elephant; I thought it was part of the furniture." There comes an aha-moment for some folks - the lucky ones - when they suddenly recognize the difference.”
Stephen King

• Like 1

Hopefully he will be locked for a long time up so the family can try there best to get on with there lifes without having to pit up with this shocking behavouir

max 500 bath penalthy for abuse, for yaba in ur piss 3000-5000 bath sometimes 10 k if u'r thai.

if u'r farang ... front page news fame + xxxxxxxxx k bath

Please stop blaming drugs for human stupidity. Not too many years ago, heroine was THE drug. Do you really ask for execution of drug users here?

Drugs were always available and they'll always be available. "The good general" shouldn't have such a position.

Have you ever heard that people who smoke pot hit their wives? But it's also a drug for all these guys who don't even know the difference.

I've worked with/for thousands of drug abusers and believe I know what it's all about.

Isn't it great that the daughter made a video and got this freak finally kicked out? i really appreciate it and hope that many others will follow.

The problem lies in Thai culture that people even believe that they lose face when they say something negative.

I'd love to give the guy a nice beat up, one on one. Men who hit women are not just an Asian phenomena. wai2.gif

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 1

A, I believe Thailand does have the death penalty for drugs. B, where have you been? The army is in my village almost everyday arresting druggies, or at least was until most of them have been arrested and the rest have ran for the hills.

Another average working class Thai guy makes the prospect of hooking up with a tomboy or a farang more appealing to the average working class Thai girl.

What an absolute load of rubbish you have written.

How many working class Thai men do you know if any?

If you do actually know any, what is the percentage that beat their wives and children and take drugs?

1, 2, 5, 10, 20 or more percent or did you get that information from the guy on the barstool next to yours?

• Like 1

But please don't forget to put a gun in the victim's hand and make it look like he wanted to kill a cop.

Once you've got too many bodies, throw them inside containers and let them disappear in the sea near Sattahip.

P.S. If you have a drug addicted son/daughter, you can take it personal as Thaksin did, offer money to those who blackmail innocent people.

BTW, after they found all the containers with all sorts of human bones in it, they all in a sudden disappeared. Who'd have the manpower to do so?

But please don't forget to put a gun in the victim's hand and make it look like he wanted to kill a cop.

Once you've got too many bodies, throw them inside containers and let them disappear in the sea near Sattahip.

P.S. If you have a drug addicted son/daughter, you can take it personal as Thaksin did, offer money to those who blackmail innocent people.

BTW, after they found all the containers with all sorts of human bones in it, they all in a sudden disappeared. Who'd have the manpower to do so?

You been watching Dexter too much ! Lost boy !!!
  • Like 1

You been watching Dexter too much ! Lost boy !!!

Lost in Isaan doesn't necessarily mean lost in space, Sir Dilligad.Please see this link (as they do not seem to like links of competitors)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/262670-sunken-containers-and-skeletal-remains-discovered-offshore/

BTW, I do not watch Dexter. And when you try to click on a link of let's say Pattaya news, the page is gone. Guess why.

Edited by lostinisaan