The American Legion Forming in Ubon and for surrounding areas/provinces

retiredaamt

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the new post have a web or Facebook page yet? I'd like to follow and possibly transfer in as a member in the future.

Storekeeper, I have just started a Facebook page. The one ubonjoe referred you to is a group and you must have a account on Facebook. The page I have just started is a page and does not require membership in Facebook. It is new and needs more work but will be updated with more information soon. The link is the same name as our group name, US Veterans in Thailand. The link to the new page is www.facebook.com/usveteransinthailand . We will be happy to have you as a member of our Post. When you are ready to transfer, please contact our Adjutant, JC Molette at [email protected].. He will supply you with all the information on transferring your membership. Please let me know if I can be any further help.

The Post meets the 2nd Monday of every month at 10:00am. This months meeting will be at Tom's American Restaurant and Bakery. We are trying different establishment trying to find the one that is best suited for us. The address and GPS coordinates are on the post in our Facebook Group and Pages. We have a great group of guys and would love to add you.

Larry Edmonds

Commander, AM Legion Thailand Post TH01

Post Service Officer

[email protected]

No you can't join if you never served in the american military but you could join the royal British legion if you're British. .. or whatever fraternal civic organization is available in your country of citizenship. you can join the royal British legion without even having served.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Royal_British_Legion and there are many legions.... not one... or if a fraternal or civic organization isn't your thing I'm sure you could find any number of charitable organizations that you could contribute to. Have a great day.

The American Legion.

Im not being funny, but that just about sums up whats wrong with Americans.

There is only one legion. But please carry on feeling important, attaching yourself to honoured legions.

Can I join im ex sas and sbs.

Excuse me, but you have it backwards. The American Legion is the first and only Legion. If your are referring to the British Legion, it was formed on May 15, 1921. The American Legion was chartered by the Congress of the United States on September 16, 1919. We are not attaching ourselves to the American Legion. We have applied to the National Headquarters for a charter here in Thailand. So, lets get together and work along side each other. I would very much like to meet the head of the British Legion here in Issan. We would like to participate in the Rememberance Day Observance and other organizational functions. If you have this information, please pass it along.

Larry Edmonds

Commander, Am. Legion Thailand Post, TH01

[email protected]

• 6 months later...

I am interested in transferring my American Legion membership from Brandywine, Maryland to this new post in Ubon. I have recently moved to Loeng Nok Tha, Yasothon. Has the Post received its charter yet?

Archived