Pattaya Male Voice Choir?

dotpoom

Read an article from home a few years back and found it very interesting and I remember thinking at the time wouldn't something like that be great if we had one in the Pattaya/Jomtien area or any town around Thailand for that matter., so I have eventually come round to actually "putting pen to paper". The article was about a few guys who got a group of homeless people together and got them involved in forming a Male Voice Choir.

Seemingly it worked wonders for these men, it not only gave them a new purpose in life but it brought them together in such a way that the men began to thrive on it and their lives began to change dramatically with the new found interest and comradeship. Even the ones who couldn't sing were given tasks to get themselves involved in it. It brought me back to my childhood when my Father used to bring myself and my brother to the twice weekly choir practice that he participated in. I myself cannot really sing (except for shouting out a few drunken songs before I gave up the sauce) but those trips to the practice sessions and listening to those beautiful harmonious tones left me with a powerful lifelong love of all types of music.....I have even heard of similar things happening in the prisons. It brings people together who have a common love of music and new and lasting bonds can be formed.

I can just see the reaction when perhaps some day a bunch of tourists or Thai folk are walking down Soi Buakow or some similar Soi when all of a sudden out of nowhere they hear the mellow tones of a Male Voice Choir bursting through the air...wouldn't that be a delightful thing....Surely a work permit is not required for singing a song for ones own enjoyment.

P.S. While I'm here.....what is your favorite song to get the toes tapping, the body gyrating in ecstasy, the blood pumping? I have two actually....The Trammps, Disco Inferno....and Dianna Ross's.... Chain Reaction.

PPS. They must be at "Full Blast".

PPPS. Many thanks to kurtramsbottom for pointing out that I have spelt "Choir" wrong. I knew it was wrong by looking at it but couldn't quite put my finger on exactly what it was (lack of sleep). Cannot edit the headline unfortunately, maybe a moderator could "save my blushes.

"Title and content edited" CharlieH

Edited by CharlieH

Noticed that too and we are not to be grammar/spelling police.

Every other word seems correct and one would imagine having that much interest in joining

a vocal group one would know how to spell it.

Qurious, is it not?

Noticed that too and we are not to be grammar/spelling police.

Every other word seems correct and one would imagine having that much interest in joining

a vocal group one would know how to spell it.

Qurious, is it not?

"Noticed that too" did you?....how wonderful of you...take a bow, give yourself a medal. Have you the faintest idea how petty you sound. Amazing how one word spelled incorrectly can bring out the rudeness and bad manners in some people....I would have thought that there was enough going on in todays world to occupy your obvious need for a "tantrum"...... If you are not the grammer spelling police then you are certainly making a good impression of one.

Wouldn't it be great if you could read as well as you can spell.....I never said I wanted to joine a vocal group.

I wrote about an activity that could bring people together in a healthy and enjoyable way.........your input was just to spit out some venom.

Edited by dotpoom

I apologize.

Did not mean to be so harsh. Most of what I post is smart ass comments and sarcasm. (Why I spelled curious incorrectly on purpose), but not meant to be so mean spirited and petty.

I looked it up and quire IS a word anyway. "Quire of York Minster", choir /archaic form, and an old measurement of sheets of paper.

By the way I absolutely love Disco Inferno. It is one of the first songs I learned on bass guitar!

Edited by arunsakda

• 5 months later...

I used to sing with the Hong Kong Male Voice Choir, although not Welsh, I managed to learn all the Welsh standards.

We performed at the Royal Albert Hall and Sydney Opera house along with many other choirs, plus many charitable functions in BKK, Ho Chi Minh and the Phillipines.

Good fun and would love to do something like that in Pattaya, but we need to find a musical director...there must be someone out there!