Taking two small dogs to Thailand

Hi, my wife and I are moving from eastern United States to her village in Thailand and want to take our two small dogs with us. Can anyone recommend an airlines? We would prefer a non-stop flight to minimize the stress on our animals. Is there a best season to go? We’re considering either June, 2015, or September/October, 2015.

Can someone detail the process and estimate the cost? We have a JackRussel mix with Italian Greyhound and a Schnauzer mix.
Much appreciated. I have checked out Thai Airways and a few others as well as pet policies. I am interested to know what experience people may have had along with the pitfalls encountered.
G Dorion

post-182431-0-90339200-1427668727_thumb.

post-182431-0-96258000-1427668894_thumb.

I flew United once, and Asiana twice, to bring my three dogs over.

Cost was about $250 each, but yours would be cheaper as mine were very big. Prices have gone up, though.

Go to your local Dept. of Agriculture vet and get a form signed off. Vaccinations and health certificate from your own vet, approved kennels, and you're good to go.

Someone on TV claimed there have to be some advanced arrangements with the authorities in LOS, but that was not the case when I brought mine in. You should verify the accuracy of that. On arrival, I paid a small fee to a Suvarnaphum vet on duty 24/7, he stamped me through.

International Animal Quarantine Station (AQS)
Suvarnabhumi Airport
Tel (662) 134-0731 , (662) 134-0732
Fax (662) 134-0733
E-mail [email protected]

And ditto ......not a private vet. Also if you do end up transiting in Taiwan , even though you wont even see the dogs they need a permit and you can do this via fax with the airport authorities.

I saw a bigger dog who went into total panic.....If the dog was in that panic over a long flight, than it is a broken animal afterwards. I don't know if there is a safe way to make them sleep during the flight?

So far I've been told, you need an import permit. Better double check this, by having your wife phone to the AQS at Suvarnabhumi airport:

http://aqi.dld.go.th/th/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=297:importation-of-live-animals&catid=80:kmresearch-&Itemid=123

http://aqi.dld.go.th/th/images/stories/document/form-movement/form-r1-1.pdf