Mortgage loans for not so well of people

My Thai friends need some help and I was wanting to know if there are banks that would give a house loan for a 30 year mortgage to Thai citizens that are not so well off? They have save some money which should work for a down payment.

Edited by steve654
  • Like 1

What has being not so well off an issue in getting a mortgage?

The main issue would be biting off more than one can chew.

By not well off, I mean that they work when they can get it and income is not always available every month, but they

have saved still, have money for a down payment and can ride out the times they don't have work and still pay

their monthly mortgage bill. What I'm concerned about is if any bank, even the ones listed here will give them a loan

based on sporadic work?

To qualify for a low income govt house there would have to be a regular check . Or regular deposits into an acct.The houses are paid off between 25 and 30 years and between 2500 and 3000 b a month. Usually two bedroom very basic but

Some are in decent areas.

I have tried to suggest a Thai family member to get his own shophouse - if possible - since he has had the hassle from landlord or one might say nothing needed is ever done or repaired and I try to tell him to get a mortgage and then he could do the necessary alterations himself.

I am not much use since I have no clue how the system of getting a mortgage works.How much money is needed and so on.

Anyone got a mortgage for commercial property and knows the drill? I would be happy to have some idea. The guy in question is very hard worker but not very good negotiating with banks. Seems that he is a bot shy asking them the direct questions. Maybe scared of "losing face" when not really very knowledgeable about that sort of things.