Dead turtle washes up on the shores of Koh Samui

webfact

Dead turtle washes up on the shores of Koh Samui

dead-turtle-in-Samui.jpeg

KOH SAMUI: -- On the 29th of March 2015 the Samui Rescue team were called to the stretch of beach in front of the Samui Orchid Resort Moo 2 Maret after a tourist informed them of a large dead turtle they had come across on the beach.

The female turtle was 87cm long and 81 cm wide aged approximately 30 years old weighing around 100kg. A representative of the fisheries department estimated she had been dead for around ten days.

A wound was found where the shell meets the body, a biopsy was taken of the matter protruding from the wound to be sent to the Marine Coastal Conservation Centre to try to establish the cause of death.

Turtles are a protected species under the Wildlife Protection Act of 2535. It is thought the remains of the turtle will be buried.

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2015-03-30

What is this body of water coming to???!!!?!?!?!?!?!??! Suicide??? Murder????? I bet the farang polluted the water!!!!!

The water used to be safe ...... well before Jaws....... now i don't get within 13 miles of the strange liquid.

I was spending my whole life saving land creatures.......but now i must consider creatures of the sea......i must!!!