Prayut requires all income earners to register to ensure all aids reach troubled people

webfact

Prayut requires all income earners to register to ensure all aids reach troubled people

3-31-2015-10-00-27-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The prime minister has required all income earners in the country to register so that it will be known exactly that all government aids reach the hands of those really in trouble and in need.

This was revealed by Agriculture Minister Pitipong Phuengboon Na Ayudhaya after a meeting of the cabinet ministers chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha.

At the meeting, the prime minister raised his concern on government aids to the troubled people if it did reach the hands of those in need or in trouble.

The prime minister said every time when aids were delivered, there always had feedback from the people that they did not reach them.

He then came out with suggestion that all income earners must be registered so that the government will know exactly who are really in trouble and need help.

But the prime minister made clear that the registration was not aimed at tax collection, but intended to enable the government to know who are those needing state assistance, and where they live.

They must have identifications and addresses so that aids will surely reach them, Mr Pitipong said.

He said under the prime minister’s advice, all people, not only farmers, but vendors, merchants, traders, and labourers must be registered.

The prime minister urged three ministries, interior, finance and agriculture to work together to register all income earners by this fiscal year, or before September.

This was to ensure that after the harvesting season of rice or rubber, any assistance scheme that will come out will be clear cut and with no leakages of assistance fund, Mr Pitipong said.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prayut-requires-all-income-earners-to-register-to-ensure-all-aids-reach-troubled-people

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-03-31

Govt to register all income earners

Bangkok:- The government will soon launch an ambitious program to register all income earners in the kingdom no matter how small their incomes are.

Agriculture Minister Pitipong Puengboon Na-Ayutthaya said the planned registration is not aimed at updating the database of tax payers but it is aimed at allowing the government to provide enough financial support to low income earners in time.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/813493-govt-to-register-all-income-earners/

He then came out with suggestion that all income earners must be registered so that the government will know exactly who are really in trouble and need help.

This sounds like the old debt collector/law enforcement scam:

I'm looking for Somchai. No, no, don't worry, he's not in trouble. I owe him some money. whistling.gif

• Like 2

This sounds like the old debt collector/law enforcement scam:

I'm looking for Somchai. No, no, don't worry, he's not in trouble. I owe him some money. whistling.gif

I am going to have to agree with you.

To use collecting all workers names and income and work sounds like a feeble excuse in finding out who needs aid or help financially. You don't screen the many to find the few. If someone needs help they should investigate that person before and ensure aid is delivered.

• Like 1

"But the prime minister made clear that the registration was not aimed at tax collection"

He also made clear he didn't want to be Prime Minister.

Not now but a year later when all are registered....and maybe not tax....just fees and social security....not calling it tax....

• Like 1

No, he needs all income earners to register so they can be easily tracked for tax purposes!

Probably Ms. Yingluck advised PM Prayut about the importance of making sure the 'right' people get government aid.

• Like 1

What a load of doublespeak.

Only the most gullible will believe that the Govt is doing this solely to give aid to income earners .... because, why is the Govt not bothering to register the unemployed, who are more in need of aid.

I for once am going to partly agree with the General. Everyone should register their earnings and pay their taxes appropriately. How he is going about it I disagree with. The amount of businesses, small and big who fiddle out of paying the right tax here is astronomical. If that money was available then so much could be done to improve things such as infrastructure, health scare, education just to name a few.

Paying your way should have been number 13 in the list of things all Thais should do and show. Before I get bashed I do know some pay their way what I am saying is that some don't

Edited by Laughing Gravy

No, he needs all income earners to register so they can be easily tracked for tax purposes!

Probably Ms. Yingluck advised PM Prayut about the importance of making sure the 'right' people get government aid.

At least under the rice scheme people had to work to get state subsidies under the junta they do nothing and get paid, which is worst ?

What a load of doublespeak.

Only the most gullible will believe that the Govt is doing this solely to give aid to income earners .... because, why is the Govt not bothering to register the unemployed, who are more in need of aid.

Actually this being Thailand one needs both groups properly registered. Also you should keep in mind that not all unemployed are poor. a day or two ago the BangkokPost mentioned 500 ex-MPs who had 25 billion Baht in land and houses. Still they may be unemployed at the moment.

At least under the rice scheme people had to work to get state subsidies under the junta they do nothing and get paid, which is worst ?

If you say so, my dear Star of the South. Any examples ?

Should n't be all that need help register, Those working don't need help are working. So why would someone who dose'nt need help register? Is it me or dose the world spin in different direction in Thailand?

this is Thailand. no spinning allowed, unless you get a permit from the general

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Should n't be all that need help register, Those working don't need help are working. So why would someone who dose'nt need help register? Is it me or dose the world spin in different direction in Thailand?

different direction but same same crazy.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"But the prime minister made clear that the registration was not aimed at tax collection"
He also made clear he didn't want to be Prime Minister.

He also insisted that there would be no Coup

• Like 1

Just get a list of names from the Revenue Dept of the people who pay taxes (these must be people doing OK) and then subtract that list of names from the list of names in the national database for Thai ID cards (all Thais have ID cards)...the remaining names must be people who require aid (or to be taxed).w00t.gif