Surviving 'sun bears' rescued from temple in Prachuap Khiri Khan province

webfact

Surviving 'sun bears' rescued from temple
By Coconuts Bangkok

bearhed.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Four brave survivors of vile conditions in temple cages are certainly cleaner and hopefully happier today at a government facility for bears.

The four Malayan sun bears were rescued by the Department of National Parks after two others died awfully in captivity at Wat Nong Hoi in Prachuap Khiri Khan province, according to Wildlife Friends Foundation Thailand, who called attention to their plight.

“The four remaining bears from the temple we visited two weeks ago have been rescued and moved,” the group announced Saturday.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/03/31/surviving-sun-bears-rescued-temple

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-03-31

• Like 1

I am also interested to hear what happened to the temple, and the people who mistreated the bears.

Likewise from me. Where does it go from here. Do those responsible get any reprimands at all for their horrendous treatment of these bears and can they do it again?

I keep seeing in my mind the original photo of that bear; disgusting and shameful treatment.

• Like 1

Now go after the Monks who were responsible for their upkeep, and feedings. This is inexcusable for their actions

doing nothing, not even calling the proper authorities to remove them from their temple. I've lost all respect for these so called Holy men!