Condo bylaws regarding hallway storage.

The OP asked about the legal aspects. To my knowledge it is ILLEGAL in Thailand to keep shoes in a common corridor.

Look at the photo. The shoes are not placed in or along a corridor.

This is irrelevant. The only relevant question is whether the area is part of the unit or is common area. And the only answer to that is to look at the chanote.

The OP asked about the legal aspects. To my knowledge it is ILLEGAL in Thailand to keep shoes in a common corridor.

Breaking which law?

I think you will find that it contravenes most internal condo building regs but they are not law.

Breaking which law?

I think you will find that it contravenes most internal condo building regs but they are not law.

Section 17 of the Act states:

SECTION 17. The management and use of the common property shall be in accordance with this Act and the rules.

This ,to me ,implies that the Rules are the law

Breaking which law?

SECTION 17. The management and use of the common property shall be in accordance with this Act and the rules.

You guys are writing as though only one co-owner out of the whole building has a recessed entrance. Get off your butts about designs of condo buildings post 1997 crisis.

No developers of shoe box units of 30+ sqm would give up a sq inch of saleable area.

But condos were being bui;lt and sold since the early 80s. And they are primarily much larger units from 120 sqm up.

What if all units of a condo building have recessed entrances? Which co-owner would tell another he is not allowed to use the recessed space in front of his entrance? Or to sit in this space with his shoulder a couple of feet from the entrance door of his neighbour?

Recessed entrances in two of my condo units:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/20968_104111882947789_3264784_n.jpg?oh=66ce1892b1ad427fbbe9742f08e8ffdc&oe=55DFD199&__gda__=1436371084_a8a186f62fe95ddd5f0bb767c53c17d8

https://scontent-sin.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/164453_181664618525848_2408073_n.jpg?oh=53e1317b9c598f01599dbe2ef1829905&oe=55A55A67

Edited by trogers

I don't know why you are all so worried about a few shoes in the corridor. Stop worrying about shoes. A much bugger issue is when people leave their doors open so you can constantly hear their whining, screeching voices and their TV blaring out and their clattering of pans etc and when you walk past it looks like a place full of what the Americans call trailer park trash.

Edited by goosifer

Breaking which law?

I would not want to have to argue that one in a court.