Lampang launches festival to promote its original charms

Thaivisa News

Lampang: A five-day festival kicks off in the northern province of Lampang today especially to impress tourists.
Lampang promises to be like no others, as it positions itself as the tourist destination that has never changed with time.
“The province has retained its cultural heritage and identity, something that can be a draw,” Lampang Governor Thanin Supasaen says. The province does not boast bustling nightlife, air-conditioned shopping complexes, or super luxury hotels. But it has a simple, charming way of life, gentle people and famous horse-drawn carriages, he points out.
Held in Lampang town from the Nakhon Lampang Train Station to the Black Railway Bridge, the ongoing festival promises to remind visitors of Thailand’s good old days as it features temple fairs, outdoor cinemas, Ferris wheel, Thai-style raffles, traditional Thai dance floors, traditional Thai games and of course horse-drawn carriages.
Running till April 5, the festival is held under the theme of “Commemorating Lampang’s railways and horse-drawn carriages”. These two means of transport are closely related to this charming town.
With railway as a core element of the main theme, authorities have already decorated the Black Railway Bridge in the province and organized an exhibition on the Lampang - railways ties.
“We may develop this bridge as a permanent attraction in the future,” Lampang Municipality mayor Dr Kittiphum Namwong reveals.
Visitors to the festival will also enjoy musical performances by Mai Muang band, Pueng R Siam, Hernfa Naliam and many more artists.
  • Like 1

Good for them.I learnt my first Thai words in Lampang from and old woman who gave herbal saunas. She taught well she massaged me. She said I must learn thai. I really love old Thailand .I am happy some Thais do too. Even if it is s tourist attraction at least people can see how beautiful a country Thailand was before it got westernized.

• Like 1