How government help for farmers after wind and weather damage looks like?

2 days ago we have strong windy

80 km hour

in our area in isaan electricity and power line was broken, also a lot of trees in nabour hood farm, our farm was flooded , loose around 40 Procent of banana trees and other plants round akso broken damage around 50 k!

Yesterday I see on the road army was coming and help rebuild the damage house!

There also financial support in case of house damage!

Just 20 minutes ago , a government man come to our house , offering financial help for farm damage, but wife reject any help and the man go away!

Mage told for water damage no help, only for wind damage when branches of tree broken, I was angry at this time that she reject any help from others , the Aswer was you not understand the government helping system, but she also cannot explain my how the gov help system in this case realy work?

Someone knows more ?

i have a similar situation it seems that unless the idea comes from them(the people) its not even considered , Thai farmers are so used to getting sidelined into dodgy deals they are fine with thinking up their own plans for under handedness they shun anything that they don't even understand

but just wait when a few of the neighbors latch on its surprising how quickly the doubters change there minds then it morphs into a good plan thought up by themselves LOGIC of all this = zero = missed opportunities again = ZERO

Was it a government official , from town ,or your local Or-Bor-Tor, organization for governing a tamboun/village,a bit higher up the ladder than the Gum-Nun and Poo-Yie- Bann, local Head men,they are local and are nomaly the first to call in if they are any problems, can not understand why your misses turned them away, most locals know there Or-Bor-Tor, we do, as do most locals,round here.( that is if it was them that called in,but I would be supprised if it was not).

Must be something in the past where ,as has been said , got riped - off, or do not trust them,4 yeras ago we had some bad flooding on our land,lost most of our fish,we got the " Pie- lang",compensation, my misses said round here Or-Bor-Tor will pay 50% of damage (about), which is what we got.

To get the compensation they will need copys of wifes ID card ,and house registration book, plus your chor-nort land tital deeds,probably about 2-3 times,we had to, plus they will take photographs of the damage,it will take a cople of months as the money will come from central funds ,as it all needs approval,probably a few times.

Other farmers I have spoke to say they have had help in the past, all delt with they local Or-Bor -Tor.

As has been said I think she will come round in the end.

Good luck.

.Gov help in Thailand tends to be "2 for us. 1 for you".

Good for Mrs Sandman.

Regards.

The one for you, is better than a smack around the face with a cold kipper, quote, un- quote,better than nothing.

Nothing will ever change,get what you can.

No KS. Mrs Sandman gave them the smack in the face with a cold kipper.
She denied them twice what she would have got.
Your attitude will ALWAYS lead to subservience through corruption.
Shame on you. 'Or die on your knees.
Regards.

Edited by teletiger

No KS. Mrs Sandman gave them the smack in the face with a cold kipper.

She denied them twice what she would have got.

Your attitude will ALWAYS lead to subservience through corruption.

Shame on you. 'Or die on your knees.

Regards.

This is Thailand, if it was in farang land you would have insurance that would pay up if there are any disasters .

Next door to Mrs Sandman is a say, Mrs Somchie a rice farmer ,in debt to the bank ,strugling to make ends meet, hubby working away to make some money, she has a big miss-hap, Or-Bor-Tor comes round and says " we can help you out" do you think she would turn them away? .I doubt If she, or many other farmers like her would turn done some money.

Dueing the floods we had,us and other farmes in our soi rear cattle, the head man from the local DLD office came round came said" we will give you some bales of rice straw to help you out",he took the wifes ID card details, she signed on the dotted line ,away he went ,yes you gussed right, no rice straw tunred up ,us and all the other farmers in the soi,no need to say what happed, then 2 weeks latter Or-Bor-Tor comes round ,the misses took what she could get, so did every one else.

Regards.

KS

I don't know what was the name of the gov alien want offer help!

My wife rejected any help from outside no matter

Where coming from , and because non of the aliens here

Speak English I only can belive this what I see with my own eyes and read here on Thai visa from real experts in a language that I understand !

3 days ago army aready fixed a broken house

Today storm strikes back and same object broken again!

It looks like for me still unclear what in detail

Will be payed, my wife told gov come look damage when have wind

Damage , but for flood damage in farm not easy , and not pay!

And remember everything not easy in the idiology of Thai culture

Is a problem that have to be ignored!

After asking why you do this, I got aswer from my better have

My papa mama told me this in childhood when you have problem

You not talk about it the. Problem go away!

For me difficult to handle , because I always search for a solution for any problem !

But in some case looks like my voice have no value, when I try to change something !

That's bitter sweet reality, in the land of smile!

But there is a little hope I am not the only one with this problem!

Proberbly we have to build a community order a translator , and fight for our rights to claim some money back!

Only together we are strong!

• Like 1