As many as 400,000 Chinese tourists are coming to Thailand this Songkran

webfact

I was in 7/11 this morning and enquired as to the nature of a 1m high plastic cylinder newly stocked in the shop. I was told it's a 'spittoon'. Being April 1st I laughed and said it's a joke. The 7/11 assistant said certainly NOT.....it's because the Chinese are invading soon!!

Don't use official spittoons.....I was traveling in China near the Tibet border, and had

to take a 32 hour bus ride to Chengdu. As I am sitting down, I notice that every row of seats

had an empty open coffee can on the floor. Remember thinking that has has to be a bad sign.

Sure enough, it was 32 hours of hawking and spitting. I put on headphones with

loud music, and spent the entire trip dreaming of being somewhere else....

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

GEE 400k more scamming toothy poverty stricken grass hoppers)) jeses wept ! i'm glad iam staying home in Khon Kaen , yuk )))))and to think a bloke spent a fortune to leave Australia to get away from the ''scam vasion'' only to find.............. it comes to us -------------is thier no escape ?????/

oh well with a bit of good luck, the wife said ''' well maybe bar women scam all idiot chows''' and the Russian mobster him take care of the rest )) lol i think she has it right , i like the way she thinks !

Thailands becoming a toilet for the ''unrefined '' along with the desperates '' , and the fingerless gloves crowd / '' the poverty budget patrons'' bloody disgrace !!!!

Going to be hard for my thai wife!!! '' she hates the living sight of the chinese '' actualy '' thais don't like confrontation '' but hell doesnt' my wife give them a serve ''she pays right out on them.

I could not imagine to many chow grasshoppers, heading to upper Issan !

I think once they lose sight of the bangkok airport, they tend to go into ''withdrawls''

Why chinese would go to Thailand ????,, has me beat '' what's the purpose????? bugger of a race!! very inhospitable and dictatorial ''

leave em back in the rice paddies !

DOHHH''''

Can one assume that you don't much care for them?

I think Stevo52 and his Thai wife don't realise that the vast bulk of the Thais with serious money are a bunch of Chinese who are born in Thailand. Actually, maybe him and his wife do actually know this, that's why they don't like Chinese people in Thailand ! :)

• Like 1

god help us, sounds like a great time to stay at home and go no where

I think you might as well stay at home forever and go nowhere, get use to it !

People say that about fifteen years ago, there was a lot fewer Chinese tourists and tour groups in Thailand. There's huge numbers of them now, and growth has been massive in the last few years. It looks like there's going to be a lot more in the next few years.

Love them or loath them, you're going to have to get use to them. There's more and more of them in all over England as well. :)

Excellent news. The Chinese will be able to report back to their local media as to the behaviour of the indigenous population during Songkran. Highlights to include:

- Drunk driving frequency

- Crowded roadways filled with dangerous drivers

- Aggressive and violent behaviour

- Unprovoked attacks with water solutions containing; ice water, urine, chill, ammonia, dye

- Inability to walk anywhere during main Songkran period, without being involuntarily soaked

Oh yes, let them come. I won't be here.

If they report back to the mainland as you suggest, it will probably double the numbers next year.

A destination just after their heart.

A home away from home!!

Yes mate stevo here you'r dead right we both know that , chows make wife's blood boil lol she says scamming bludgers she say's ( she should have been a politition she could talk underwater ) i notice its like a blanket coverage in the village where we are you know --you never find a lover of a chinaman oh god no!, i casualty said hello to what appeared a half civilised chow couple last year ! not thinking the wife was standing 5 feet away -----------well i tell you what ''didnt i get it '' you bastard she screamed ) your talking to the ''filth ''

They were very very dark on me for several days!!!! '' ''i think i had committed the ultimate sin '' wife calls em ''stingy beggars / them deciet / them bad / them pig )) no no mate they not mentioned in our house not unless i want to ''wear the meal ay ''

we dont mix to many people, but i can't say over the years we ever ran into any Chow lovers)))) not yet anyway !

Thai new year yes like other guy here i hate it - i hate noise full stop!!!! i have a good car when the crap and noise starts il be going for long long drive , on my own if need be i can't stand screatchin thais , drunks / beggars / bums/ hobo's or chows---- i don't want the riff raff near me ay !

i find it bad enough trying to live rediculous thai ways!!!! let alone getting invaded by money driven -- scamming chinese)))hell they'd sell the skid marks from your jocks - ruhless mungrel race god knows why the thais let them in!!!! - id like to be boss for a week hell id clean the place up id do the job for free too !~

• Like 1

How much are they going to add to the economy ???? Answer virtually ZERO. The come on cheap package tours and the only people to make money are the hotels and tour operators. How much do they spend in the bars,restaurants and shop virtually ZERO

When is someone in the Thai administration going to have the courage to stand up and say "this is wrong".

Last week I saw two and a half kilometers of Chinese tourists, in single file, going up South Pattaya Road from Walking Street entrance. It was herd mentality. And then there is that infamous photo of Chinese tourists shoulder to shoulder on Koh Pi Pi. Then there is the report of their behavior coming out of ............

Someone in TAT is making a lot of money with this Chinese scam.

Mr. PM, when are you going to take note what damage (in these early stages of what can only be seen as an invasion) is being done to our beloved Thailand. Talk to the people please.

Why don't they try to encourage foreigners from other countries to visit? Only having foreigners from one country [China] is like putting all your eggs in one basket. Not a good policy at all.

If anything, diversity in visitor arrivals should be encouraged. As nice a country as China is, but I don't want to be swamped by people only from one country, I want to see people from various different countries. Why is it that only Chinese are being talked about? India has the same population as China. Why aren't they all coming 400,000 of them at once? Strange...

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think you might as well stay at home forever and go nowhere, get use to it !

People say that about fifteen years ago, there was a lot fewer Chinese tourists and tour groups in Thailand. There's huge numbers of them now, and growth has been massive in the last few years. It looks like there's going to be a lot more in the next few years.

Love them or loath them, you're going to have to get use to them. There's more and more of them in all over England as well. smile.png

Yes they spread like a vermin --like a version of Ebola ohh gawd ! iam sure though if bumping them off was a 25 cent fine)))) there would be none left, and nobody would miss them !

Why don't they try to encourage foreigners from other countries to visit? Only having foreigners from one country [China] is like putting all your eggs in one basket. Not a good policy at all.

If anything, diversity in visitor arrivals should be encouraged. As nice a country as China is, but I don't want to be swamped by people only from one country, I want to see people from various different countries. Why is it that only Chinese are being talked about? India has the same population as China. Why aren't they all coming 400,000 of them at once? Strange...

The Chinese are taking over Thailand, mister P. Is on it.

Next mass tourists will be N- Korea.

Maybe because when Article 44 gets into full swing, the Chinese will be the only ones who will come.

"India has the same population as China. Why aren't they all coming 400,000 of them at once? Strange..."

Well, surely, that's because the vast bulk of the population of India can't fly to Thailand because of money reasons. And with China, ten or twenty per cent of the 1.3 billion in China can afford to go for a foreign holiday ??

Thailand is pretty close to China, and so, the Chinese who are not so rich turn up in Thailand. The rich ones go to places like London and Paris. And Thailand is also cheaper than South Korea and Japan.

I don't think it's a case of the Thais setting out to attract and pull in the Chinese tourists, and that being the reason why a huge number of Chinese are in Thailand. That would be making TAT look better than what it really is !! :)

I think it's more to do with lots of Chinese turning up in Thailand (for the reasons given above), and Thailand has responded by trying to gear itself up to cater for the huge numbers.

I think Thailand is still trying to increase tourist numbers from Europe, America, Middle East, etc, but the increase in Chinese tourists will, surely, be greater than those other places ? Only about ten or twenty per cent of the people in China can afford a holiday, the economy is still growing, maybe thirty or forty per cent of the people in China will be able to afford a foreign holiday in ten years time ?? :)

Imagine that, Spain and Greece are already 'flooded' by British and German tourists. In the future, Pattaya and Phuket will be flooded by Chinese tourists. They already are, but the flood or invasion will be greater over the next decade !!! :)

I'm guessing stevo52 is a true blue aussie mate. What a silly bogan you are. Your posts are an embarrassment.

What did you expect from a Hansonite??

I'm not sure what a Hansonite is (seeing as how I am an ignorant pom), but this chap strikes me as a cross between Crocodile Dundee on steroids and Barry Humphries with a bad period!

Remarkably entertaining fellow, in his down to earth way, don't you agree?

Edited by JAG

"India has the same population as China. Why aren't they all coming 400,000 of them at once? Strange..."

Well, surely, that's because the vast bulk of the population of India can't fly to Thailand because of money reasons. And with China, ten or twenty per cent of the 1.3 billion in China can afford to go for a foreign holiday ??

Thailand is pretty close to China, and so, the Chinese who are not so rich turn up in Thailand. The rich ones go to places like London and Paris. And Thailand is also cheaper than South Korea and Japan.

I don't think it's a case of the Thais setting out to attract and pull in the Chinese tourists, and that being the reason why a huge number of Chinese are in Thailand. That would be making TAT look better than what it really is !! smile.png

I think it's more to do with lots of Chinese turning up in Thailand (for the reasons given above), and Thailand has responded by trying to gear itself up to cater for the huge numbers.

I think Thailand is still trying to increase tourist numbers from Europe, America, Middle East, etc, but the increase in Chinese tourists will, surely, be greater than those other places ? Only about ten or twenty per cent of the people in China can afford a holiday, the economy is still growing, maybe thirty or forty per cent of the people in China will be able to afford a foreign holiday in ten years time ?? smile.png

Imagine that, Spain and Greece are already 'flooded' by British and German tourists. In the future, Pattaya and Phuket will be flooded by Chinese tourists. They already are, but the flood or invasion will be greater over the next decade !!! smile.png

I thought plenty of Indians now have money too. Sure, much of India looks like a rubbish dump and waste land, but I can assure you, there are plenty of moneyed Indians. Somehow I'd like to see more of them in Thailand, balancing out the Chinese visitor numbers. And I forgot to add, India is just as close to Thailand as China is.

Besides, one hears a lot about India becoming a major economic superpower, at least those are the projections for the not too distant future.

And god I don't want to see Pattaya and Phuket flooded by Chinese tourists. God no!

Edited by Tomtomtom69

You are wrong

Met a chinese girl in a bar in Beijing

We went back too my roomarrow-10x10.png and during the fun she actually bit on my johnson and left teeth marks

So some do actually bite

What time did you kick her out? 2.30?

"She indicated that the number of flights booked to Thailand has already covered 95-110% of seat capacities"

They booked 110% of seat capacities? w00t.gif

Shit. Time to get the spit-proof umbrellas out lads. facepalm.gif

They are polite,they aim for you shoes usually.