Thai Tourist Police crack down on 'the colored'

webfact

I cordially invite all who want to come to England and walk down the street calling people "coloureds". I know I won't have to buy you a return ticket.

Didn't Woody Allan once do something like that?

Mind you, that was in America. Also in a movie only rolleyes.gif

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People were targeted on the basis of colour. Fact.

No investigation, gathering of evidence or observation of behaviour took place. Fact.

There was one criteria for this "hunt" and that was colour. Fact.

That is racism and it is wrong. Fact.

Yep

So what?

This is Thailand thank god and the cops do not need to worry about liberals like yourself

The blacks arrested were drug dealers not school teachers

So what. You see, you have offended his religious feelings. There has been blasphemy and apostasy, heresy. This is the new religion, you know.

btw. Observation of behavior did take place. Gathering of evidence, preparation for chargesheets comes afterwards.

No significant police or immigration enforcement action is taken without the express approval of the military command.

That is the reality since the coup. If anyone has an issue with the police action, direct it to the military administration office.

@outboard

"80 police officers were sent to hunt down and round up the darker-skinned people found around Sukhumvit sois 3 to 13, Petchaburi and Ratchaprarop roads."

That is not a drugs raid. It is profiling based on colour. That is racist. The term hunt in itself is repugnant as was the whole basis for this raid by the BIB.

No idea what you said after your first line. You want your posts to be read then leave out the insults.

Racist or not racist who gives a hoot? You would need to be deaf dumb and blind not to notice what goes on.

Black hookers lining the streets with their pimps sitting around making sure if they catch a customer they can't cheat them out of their share.

I used to enjoy a late night drink and a feed there now I avoid the place like the plague bacause it's overun with blacks

Do you honestly think these people are here working legitimately? Black yellow green pink who cares if they are bad news get them to hell out of Thailand

Many of them stay outside the main drag and I have a Thai friend who tells me that they have overrun the soi next to his

Dozens of blacks live there and sell drugs like candy to every lowlife going and the local Thais wont even walk through the soi.

If the police don't get rid of these people it will get worse and spread and before you know it the place will be like a druggies ghetto

So you shout racist all you want but the police are doing something they should have done years ago and I hope they keep doing it until every undesirable in the area has been sent back from whence they came.

Those that are legit should have nothing to worry about but that'll be about 10% of the guys if you are lucky and 0% of those fat ugly black hookers even come close to being legit

You disagree then go have a drink with a few of them and see how long it takes for them to try and sell drugs or try and scam you.

As far as I am concerned it's got nothing to do with them being black. I have a good friend here from London and they don't come any blacker but he doesn't take drugs not does he pimp for some black hooker

This is about the rep these people have in that area and guess what they are black Africans so learn to live with it and stop bumping your gums about the police being racist.

No significant police or immigration enforcement action is taken without the express approval of the military command.

That is the reality since the coup. If anyone has an issue with the police action, direct it to the military administration office.

Interesting that your post suggests that we only have this because of the NCPO.

I wonder if you're also willing to suggest that under the previous administration we didn't have anti-drug actions like this ?

I do not consider myself to be a racist. More a pragmatist.

I would just like to pose a question to Mr. Bluespunk. (My apoligies if you have already answered it somewhere amongst your other numerous posts).

Let's say YOU are the OIC of a Police Precinct/Station. Your Command has been receiving complaints, tip offs, confessions from busted users, etc., regarding street (drug) dealing on your patch for months. All the official reports, surviellance, all the official complaints, all the News stories, blogs and Social media headlines are the same. It has reached the stage where it has become common public knowlege, what is happening on your turf, and who is responsible. The alleged offenders are always, almost without exception, described as being Non native 'Black' Males, of African origin.

What is your Monday Morning briefing going to say?

What are your instructions to your troops?

Source?

People were targeted on the basis of colour. Fact.

No investigation, gathering of evidence or observation of behaviour took place. Fact.

There was one criteria for this "hunt" and that was colour. Fact.

That is racism and it is wrong. Fact.

Yep

So what?

This is Thailand thank god and the cops do not need to worry about liberals like yourself

The blacks arrested were drug dealers not school teachers

So what. You see, you have offended his religious feelings. There has been blasphemy and apostasy, heresy. This is the new religion, you know.

btw. Observation of behavior did take place. Gathering of evidence, preparation for chargesheets comes afterwards.

Not according to the OP. complaints were made so

"80 police officers were sent to hunt down and round up the darker-skinned people found around Sukhumvit sois 3 to 13, Petchaburi and Ratchaprarop roads."

@outboard

That is not a drugs raid. It is profiling based on colour. That is racist. The term hunt in itself is repugnant as was the whole basis for this raid by the BIB.

No idea what you said after your first line. You want your posts to be read then leave out the insults.

Racist or not racist who gives a hoot? You would need to be deaf dumb and blind not to notice what goes on.

Black hookers lining the streets with their pimps sitting around making sure if they catch a customer they can't cheat them out of their share.

I used to enjoy a late night drink and a feed there now I avoid the place like the plague bacause it's overun with blacks

Do you honestly think these people are here working legitimately? Black yellow green pink who cares if they are bad news get them to hell out of Thailand

Many of them stay outside the main drag and I have a Thai friend who tells me that they have overrun the soi next to his

Dozens of blacks live there and sell drugs like candy to every lowlife going and the local Thais wont even walk through the soi.

If the police don't get rid of these people it will get worse and spread and before you know it the place will be like a druggies ghetto

So you shout racist all you want but the police are doing something they should have done years ago and I hope they keep doing it until every undesirable in the area has been sent back from whence they came.

Those that are legit should have nothing to worry about but that'll be about 10% of the guys if you are lucky and 0% of those fat ugly black hookers even come close to being legit

You disagree then go have a drink with a few of them and see how long it takes for them to try and sell drugs or try and scam you.

As far as I am concerned it's got nothing to do with them being black. I have a good friend here from London and they don't come any blacker but he doesn't take drugs not does he pimp for some black hooker

This is about the rep these people have in that area and guess what they are black Africans so learn to live with it and stop bumping your gums about the police being racist.

No I won't (by the way, full set of teeth here). Racism is always wrong and likewise any action based on it.

I have no problem with the police clearing up areas where crime takes place. However any and all actions should be based in investigation, not colour.

I would just like to pose a question to Mr. Bluespunk. (My apoligies if you have already answered it somewhere amongst your other numerous posts).

Let's say YOU are the OIC of a Police Precinct/Station. Your Command has been receiving complaints, tip offs, confessions from busted users, etc., regarding street (drug) dealing on your patch for months. All the official reports, surviellance, all the official complaints, all the News stories, blogs and Social media headlines are the same. It has reached the stage where it has become common public knowlege, what is happening on your turf, and who is responsible. The alleged offenders are always, almost without exception, described as being Non native 'Black' Males, of African origin.

Observe.

Investigate.

If need be entrap.

Gather evidence.

Target individuals for arrest based on all the above.

Then act.

Much the same thing happened a few years back in Vietnam. They (the blacks) came in under the guise of playing soccer professionally. Didn't take them long to set up drug and prostitution rackets. The Vietnamese quickly twigged and just rounded them up put in trucks and took them to the nearest border, waved goodbye and told them they would never re-enter. Problem fixed, West Africans, particularly Nigerians, are no longer issued with a Vietnam visa unless they have a very valid reason; same with Muslims. Vietnam is very wary and selective on who they allow to enter and stay on a permanent basis. I have lived in Vietnam for 10 years and now spend my equally between Thailand and Vietnam for different reasons. Both countries are great but I know which is the safer.

Which leads me to ask the question "Why don't immigration just kick out the black scum and only let in those that are of a better calibre?"

Edited by BSJ

It's an Army operation, removing the drug dealers, no doubt.

Why? It's political. The Army crushing their enemies.... removing funding from the police/red shirts.

These drug dealers operating in plain view were obviously supported by police.

@outboard

and that is why you are wrong so often , you are too lazy to read a post in the same thread much less do any research. that is why your opinion is worthless, it has no backing to it except you suddenly had some notion that something was racist

it is not profiling , for the reasons that have been posted many times already

it is not racist for the reason posted already

all your posts are spam accusing the Thai government departments of being racist, that is defamation , against forum rules , against the law in Thailand, both criminal and civil, that makes you a criminal.

I cordially invite all who want to come to England and walk down the street calling people "coloureds". I know I won't have to buy you a return ticket.

Didn't Woody Allan once do something like that?

Mind you, that was in America. Also in a movie only rolleyes.gif

That wasn't Woody Allan.

Observe.

Investigate.

If need be entrap.

Gather evidence.

Then act.

it was observed that black men were selling drugs at this location

it was observed there were black men loitering at this location on the police arrival

they took these black men that they found at this location into legal custody to further their investigations and gather evidence

the black men at this location were who they targeted , based on the evidence they had that these men were selling drugs at this location

and they did act

@outboard

and that is why you are wrong so often , you are too lazy to read a post in the same thread much less do any research. that is why your opinion is worthless, it has no backing to it except you suddenly had some notion that something was racist

it is not profiling , for the reasons that have been posted many times already

it is not racist for the reason posted already

all your posts are spam accusing the Thai government departments of being racist, that is defamation , against forum rules , against the law in Thailand, both criminal and civil, that makes you a criminal.

Observe.

Investigate.

If need be entrap.

Gather evidence.

Then act.

it was observed there were black men loitering at this location on the police arrival

they took these black men that they found at this location into legal custody to further their investigations and gather evidence

the black men at this location were who they targeted , based on the evidence they had that these men were selling drugs at this location

and they did act

Any arrest needs to be targeted and based upon solid investigation.

Just arresting coloured people on the grounds some coloured people have been accused of doing something wrong is neither.

It's indiscriminate.

Just going out with the sole intent of arresting coloured people is wrong.

Investigate and gather information first.

Smart target your arrests.

Arresting on the basis of colour is not the way to stop the crime.

It's also stupid.

Observe.

Investigate.

If need be entrap.

Gather evidence.

Then act.

and they did act

Just arresting coloured people on the grounds some coloured people have been accused of doing something wrong is neither.

It's indiscriminate.

It's also stupid.

you are the only one that thinks they arrested anyone on basis of colour

they arrested black men selling drugs

the arrests were targeted , on the black men selling drugs

they went out with the sole intent on arresting the black men at this location that were selling drugs

they had gathered information , the information was that black men at this location were selling drugs

now you are calling it indiscriminate, good to see you finally came around and stopped calling it discrimination

obviously arresting the white women in the area when the reports were that black men were selling drugs there would be your preferred method of stopping the crime, but logic dictates , that if the reports are of black men openly selling drugs in this location then you will get better results targeting black men

Edited by outboard

They should do for everyone, why to profile based on the color.

If race is motive, look like Thai police needs a color blind test first!

True that. Although this 'popular' news item will not go down with the many posters on this forum who are quick to jump in to advise criminals as to their ability to get into/exit this country. There was a long thread not so far back whereby everyone was jumping in to advise another poster how to get his chum's UK passport to him whilst he was in jail. And yet another on today's visa forum from a self confessed crim, 'It was only a minor offence', and we know that how, exactly?

Hypocrisy much?

Observe.

Investigate.

If need be entrap.

Gather evidence.

Then act.

and they did act

It's indiscriminate.

It's also stupid.

they went out with the sole intent on arresting the black men at this location that were selling drugs

they had gathered information , the information was that black men at this location were selling drugs

now you are calling it indiscriminate, good to see you finally cam around and stopped calling it discrimination

obviously arresting the white women in the area when the reports were that black men were selling drugs there would be your preferred method of stopping the crime, but logic dictates , that if the reports are of black men openly selling drugs in this location then you will get better results targeting black men

From the OP

""The foreign criminals come in many forms, and the target for us tonight is colored people," police Lt. Col. Bawornpop Sutornreka said at a news conference."

In effect discrimination based on colour.

Edited by Bluespunk

Observe.

Investigate.

If need be entrap.

Gather evidence.

Then act.

and they did act

It's indiscriminate.

It's also stupid.

Well, they surly did investigate and gather information first. That's how they knew coloured guys were selling drugs.

There is no discrimination here. They target white guys on motorbikes turing right at the top of Soi Nana all day long, entrapping them and collecting fines.

There have been complaints about the "Nigerians" drug dealers in that area for years.

There are dozens of undercover police on the streets, 24 hours a day observing and interacting with the public. They observed and gathered information then the Army apparently forced them to act.

So whats the problem?

Which leads me to ask the question "Why don't immigration just kick out the black scum and only let in those that are of a better calibre?"

What? Like the boiler room guys and timeshare touts, just for starters? Never seen a person of colour 'midst those.

Observe.

Investigate.

If need be entrap.

Gather evidence.

Then act.

and they did act

It's indiscriminate.

It's also stupid.

Well, they surly did investigate and gather information first. That's how they knew coloured guys were selling drugs.

There is no discrimination here. They target white guys on motorbikes turing right at the top of Soi Nana all day long, entrapping them and collecting fines.

There have been complaints about the "Nigerians" drug dealers in that area for years.

There are dozens of undercover police on the streets, 24 hours a day observing and interacting with the public. They observed and gathered information then the Army apparently forced them to act.

So whats the problem?

"Saying they were acting on complaints of black people abusing drugs and “deceiving Thai women,” over 80 police officers were sent to hunt down and round up the darker-skinned people found around Sukhumvit sois 3 to 13, Petchaburi and Ratchaprarop roads.

The foreign criminals come in many forms, and the target for us tonight is colored people," police Lt. Col. Bawornpop Sutornreka said at a news conference."

Does that sound like they did all you say?

Edited by Bluespunk

and they did act

It's indiscriminate.

It's also stupid.

now you are calling it indiscriminate, good to see you finally cam around and stopped calling it discrimination

From the OP

""The foreign criminals come in many forms, and the target for us tonight is colored people," police Lt. Col. Bawornpop Sutornreka said at a news conference."

In effect discrimination based on colour.

no one can be as stupid as you are pretending to be. well done you trolled me good

100 points to you for good troll job

No idea what you said after first line. If you want me to read your posts, leave out the insults.

"The foreign criminals come in many forms, and the target for us tonight is colored people," police Lt. Col. Bawornpop Sutornreka said at a news conference.

Sounds rather like they're specifically targeting criminals, rather than just indiscriminately rounding up black people, doesn't it?

"The foreign criminals come in many forms, and the target for us tonight is colored people," police Lt. Col. Bawornpop Sutornreka said at a news conference.

Sounds rather like they're specifically targeting criminals, rather than just indiscriminately rounding up black people, doesn't it?

No.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No.

Have you ever been in the police BLUE?

I have, and what you're suggesting is near impossible. The police would have to target these guys for months, they'd have to list where and when they are out, observe them hand over drugs and then when they have all the necessary intel- hit them all at once thus eliminating the word getting around. It's an unwinnable war.

When I was in the police in England we arrived one morning to see about 100 officers from various other stations, 20 riot wagons and about 30 police cars...we even had 2 bikes which were driving ahead stopping traffic at roundabouts. We hit the 12 houses which we all occupied by white tennants and in an area within 1/2 mile (a rough and violent Newcastle council estate)......even after all the intel, the informants, the money invested in a near army hitting them all at once...we arrested 4 people from the 12 targets. Did the rest claim we were being racist as they were all white? no, did they make a complaint because they were all poor? no. The ones we failed to find drugs on were simply thankfull their supply had run dry.

You cannot do what you're expecting, it's not an episode of The wire were talking about here- and the police are well within their rights to round up people of the description they were given as long as they have reasonable grounds- I'd say hanging around the area without reason, approaching strangers walking past is reasonable cause.

The only concern I'd have is that these guys aren't idiots, they likely keep their stash in their butt cheeks and most won't touch their own supply so I doubt many were found with drugs on them or in their system...and yes I agree forcing them all to spread and cough would have been unacceptable.

"Saying they were acting on complaints of black people abusing drugs and “deceiving Thai women,” over 80 police officers were sent to hunt down and round up the darker-skinned people found around Sukhumvit sois 3 to 13, Petchaburi and Ratchaprarop roads.

The foreign criminals come in many forms, and the target for us tonight is colored people," police Lt. Col. Bawornpop Sutornreka said at a news conference."

Don't get me wrong. I despise the Thai Police. This is a case of rounding up the black drug dealers.

These black people have been opening dealing drugs on the streets for years. I'm sure there are white people selling drugs too but not so in your face like these guys have been.

I have been approached here by these black guys several times. Out of they blue,.... wanting to be my new best friend.

Once on Pattaya Beach I had a Thai offer me grass discreetly. These black guy are too obvious, have been openly asking for it. (and very easy to identify)

Like I said.....The police are on that Soi all the time in undercover......know who the drug dealers are and went out and brought them in for questioning.