Beaches In Pattaya

wong amet is IMO the best beach in the area ,i wouldnt say the sea is especially cleaner there but its not so commercial as the in town beach . the water quality is not like phuket water ,kinda dingy grey as their is a large sewer outlet nearby pumping raw sewage .

but use the hotel pool nearby ,just buy some food and drinks and you can use the pool all day.

Beware of muggings on Wong Amet beach, especially if alone in a quieter area. Freelancers also inhabit the beach which may or may not be a bad thing.

That sewage pipe seems to be variable, I think the nasty stuff used to come out at night. Also beware of rabid dogs here. There are groups of strays that can be troublesome.

Personally, I consider certain sections of Jomtien beach the best, (if you like beaches.)

How is the Wong-Amat beach compared to other beaches in the Pattaya/Jomtien area? Is it relatively clean (both sand and water)? I'm planning to be in Pattaya next month, and considering a hotel in the Wong-Amat. Thanks for your input.

If your main reason for coming to Thailand is the beaches, don't even think about Pattaya (Naklua or Jomtien included). There are much better beaches elsewhere.

How is the Wong-Amat beach compared to other beaches in the Pattaya/Jomtien area? Is it relatively clean (both sand and water)? I'm planning to be in Pattaya next month, and considering a hotel in the Wong-Amat. Thanks for your input.

If your main reason for coming to Thailand is the beaches, don't even think about Pattaya (Naklua or Jomtien included). There are much better beaches elsewhere.

Good point: Boracay (White) beach in the Philippines is good. Also Malapascua island north of Cebu, and Carnassa Island 40 km from Malapascua.

I was quite impressed with some Ko Chang beaches.

I have not visited the Maldives yet, but I hear some of their beaches are good.

Hi Nostrel,

which hotel do you mean when saying " buy some food and singha and you can use the pool all day?" I will be renting a condo that way in November but the condo has no pool ( it is by the dolphin roundabout ) and i love to immerse myself in water but the" lek village " charge 150baht a day, ok so they supply a towel but then again i might join fairtex gym, any one with prices on that?

you bet this place s no hawaii :o

The navy run beaches in Satahip are as good as any beaches in LOS, juist ask Dragonman.

The downside is that it's 30 min. from pattaya. having access to a car should be necessary.

There was a thread a long while back that you needed to be Thai to access those beaches.

What is the current situation?

Would you be allowed if you were with a Thai?

Do you need to bring your passport to show the guards?

The navy run beaches in Satahip are as good as any beaches in LOS, juist ask Dragonman.

The downside is that it's 30 min. from pattaya. having access to a car should be necessary.

We drove down to Satahip to go to the nevy beach and the guard said Thai people only.

Barry

Thats disappointing.

Did you have a Thai person in the car with you?

Hi Nostrel,

which hotel do you mean when saying " buy some food and singha and you can use the pool all day?" I will be renting a condo that way in November but the condo has no pool ( it is by the dolphin roundabout ) and i love to immerse myself in water but the" lek village " charge 150baht a day, ok so they supply a towel but then again i might join fairtex gym, any one with prices on that?

i can recall the exact name but the pool is right on the beach ,a few steps up ,its pricy but then the pool is really good ,surrounded by a restaurant .might be the white house ..head north from the soi sewer pipe outlet you cant miss it.

BTW why do they dump sewage right into the sea at patters? there must be about 3 or 4 sewer outlets.

surely they could route them to a sewage farm inland where it could be treated.

There was a thread a long while back that you needed to be Thai to access those beaches.

What is the current situation?

Would you be allowed if you were with a Thai?

Do you need to bring your passport to show the guards?

my brother in law is in that site ,but i wasnt allowed in there but the wife could go in to see him.

i had to wait outside

We drove down to Satahip to go to the nevy beach and the guard said Thai people only.

Barry

Thats disappointing.

Did you have a Thai person in the car with you?

I had my Thai wife and my Thai adopted son with me. My wife did the talking, and they told her farrangs are not allowed on the beach.

This is starting to get rediculous.

Once a Thai aircraft carrier was in port in Satahip, and it was in the paper that you can bourd the ship and they will give you a tour. We wnt down their and they told my wife Thai people only.

I have been on the base before, but now they won't even let you on the base.

Barry

i can recall the exact name but the pool is right on the beach ,a few steps up ,its pricy but then the pool is really good ,surrounded by a restaurant .might be the white house ..head north from the soi sewer pipe outlet you cant miss it.

Aisawan? Yes, a little pricey. I didn't know they had a day rate for pool access. How much was it?

BTW why do they dump sewage right into the sea at patters? there must be about 3 or 4 sewer outlets.

surely they could route them to a sewage farm inland where it could be treated.

It's downhill all the way to the beach. The "sewage farm" is under the new walkway along the beach in Naklua, but it hardly looks large enough to contain all of Pattaya's sewage, and in a few places it also appears to be caving in already. When it rains... well, it's a particularly nasty time to go swimming in the days (and weeks) after a good rain.

Edited by fxm88

It's downhill all the way to the beach. The "sewage farm" is under the new walkway along the beach in Naklua, but it hardly looks large enough to contain all of Pattaya's sewage, and in a few places it also appears to be caving in already. When it rains... well, it's a particularly nasty time to go swimming in the days (and weeks) after a good rain.

I'm very surprised! With the city so dependent on tourism, one would think the city government would move the sewage plan to a different location and certainly forbid the dumping of sewage into the water.

beaches... Pattaya.... are you kidding.... hahahahahaaaa hahahahahaaaaa .... oh sorry... you meant BITCHES?Oh, there are plenty of them! :o

Good point: Boracay (White) beach in the Philippines is good. Also Malapascua island north of Cebu, and Carnassa Island 40 km from Malapascua.

I was quite impressed with some Ko Chang beaches.

I have not visited the Maldives yet, but I hear some of their beaches are good.

they would be the best in the world.but there are beaches of different types swimming surfing or just laying about . white sand, brown sand and in some countries black sand most of the south pacfic have lovely white sand beaches with the australian beaches ideal for surfing up the east coast

:o

beaches... Pattaya.... are you kidding.... hahahahahaaaa hahahahahaaaaa .... oh sorry... you meant BITCHES?Oh, there are plenty of them! :o

quite so, swimmers need an NBC suit for swimming in the effluent ,after swiming at patters you might grow another leg or suffer some other awfull deformation

I did find one nice beach that is run by the Navy. You turn on to the same road as the navy golf course. You have to stop and leave I.D., or if you have a Thai with you they can leave their ID card. You follow the road around to thre right, then their is a security guard, and a bunch of baht buses. You have to park your car and take a baht bus to the beach about 2 km.

Clean water and white sand.

Barry

yes very nice :D

Agreed. As for the people who got turned away. Don't understand that. I went with the Mrs (Thai) and her mate and didn't have any problems :o

instead of letting the effluent run down the beach a better way would be to install a 100metre pipe under the beach and have the outfall way out away from the beach .you can imagine what a toxic brew is coming out the other end with the goings on in patters ..

The "sewage farm" is under the new walkway along the beach in Naklua, but it hardly looks large enough to contain all of Pattaya's sewage, and in a few places it also appears to be caving in already.

Some fresh pics of the "sewage farm" at Wong Amat beach. The water was very grey and didn't smell too good. This area was never that nice, but now it's rather horrible.

post-20734-1157385165_thumb.jpgpost-20734-1157385717_thumb.jpg

Still, if you're not going swimming and don't mind the stench it's a decent place to catch the sunset.

post-20734-1157386389_thumb.jpg

We used to use Wong Amat until my friends wife and her Thai family went down there and were refused service because they were unaccompanied and - THAI! A policy instigated by the Germans?!?!? I don't know......

We now use either Cosy Beach or Sugar beach which are in fact cleaner - by Pattaya / Jomtien standards......

I did find one nice beach that is run by the Navy. You turn on to the same road as the navy golf course. You have to stop and leave I.D., or if you have a Thai with you they can leave their ID card. You follow the road around to thre right, then their is a security guard, and a bunch of baht buses. You have to park your car and take a baht bus to the beach about 2 km.

Clean water and white sand.

Barry

Thats Sai Koew beach. Very beautiful. One used to be able to drive your car directly to the beach, but the last time I went, they wanted me to take the bahtbus. I had the pushchair and picnic box with me, so declined and went to another beach. Shame really. Now, it's too much hassle. :o

By all means take the ferry to Koh Larn, many lovely beaches there and clean water.

The ferry departs from Bali Hai at 10 am and at noon, return at 5 pm and 6 pm.

Fee 20 bath / trip