Why are Western men so happy in Thailand ?

berybert

You want the real? Here goes: Your longevity increases substantially because in Thailand, unless you are dead already, it's impossible to be lonely. In a western country a younger person is unlikely to befriend you. Loneliness has the same effect on your mental and physical health as stress. The more active you are physically, mentally and yes emotionally the longer you will live. If you stay in a western country in your golden years you will eventually become invisible to society. This many of you can attest to. Many western men, who thought they had problems getting there dog to stay on point, discover after only a few weeks in Thailand that there wasn't a physical dysfunction but a mental dysfunction cause by years of mentally abusive relationships. As a result, their dog became disinterested in pointing and more pleasure in sleep. Like a wise man once said: "Free your mind and your ass will follow"

Interesting points. There should be a study to compare old dudes in Thailand with an active sex life, to old dudes in the west who....well, don't. The young female motive aside, I would imagine the old guys in Thailand would win hands-down in terms of vitality and drive.

As an example, I had a friend visit recently from the US, in his early 50's. The guy had been divorce for over a decade and hadn't been with a woman for quite some time. I took him to a bar, he picked up a girl, and went to the hotel. He told me later that almost immediately after she touched his privates--and we're talking just touch--he shot his load. The poor guy was embarrassed beyond words. Luckily the girl was sympathetic and didn't laugh her ass off...as far as he knew.

• Like 1

Well - after I started reading on this forum and similar ones I got the impression most western men are very unhappy about in and about Thailand. My impression could of course be wrong though........

Don't like living as a modern-slave in (K)anada or Austeralia, any commonwealth country; a form of indentured servitude. Who do they (gov't-rich) think they are to decide the destiny of my life or of others. The political-criminal elite can dine on their own and those who follow...but leave me out of it.

• Like 2

This view has something to do with me being happy in Thailand, among many other things.

Test1%2B%2B005.jpg

Nice photo, but it's not always green.... dry and hot most times of the year... I hope there's more that keeps you here.

Yes, there are many other things which keep me here and I think my 38 years of living here can attest to that. For some of us Thailand has afforded us a wonderful life.

Wow, you must have been a rich young fella when you moved here... for me I accept my mortality, so am moving wife, and daughter, back to Australia, where they will have a far better life, even after I kick the bucket. Something others should be considering, instead of ONLY their lives.

Please define "far better". In what way? Just curious.

Village Farang. I admire very much what you have done and achieved in Thailand, I know Thai teachers must retire at 60 on a pension, but what about you?

Unless you have been paying into a pension scheme in your own country, how do you live now?

I was an English teacher and met young Farangs who were settled and married here, but they were not concerned about their old age.

H

Village Farang. I admire very much what you have done and achieved in Thailand, I know Thai teachers must retire at 60 on a pension, but what about you?

Unless you have been paying into a pension scheme in your own country, how do you live now?

I was an English teacher and met young Farangs who were settled and married here, but they were not concerned about their old age.

So you have met Him ?

Edited by kevvy

A few years back I bought Apple at around seven dollars on an adjusted basis and I still have most of that stock, so I am doing quite well there.

I bought $15,000 of Apple at $8. Unfortunately, I sold at $15 and was quite happy with that at the time.

• Like 1

A few years back I bought Apple at around seven dollars on an adjusted basis and I still have most of that stock, so I am doing quite well there.

I bought $15,000 of Apple at $8. Unfortunately, I sold at $15 and was quite happy with that at the time.

I bet you wish you still owned it now, though. I think it closed at 125+ last night.

I never had a career, just interesting jobs along the way which people would offer me. For some reason people liked me and offered opportunities without me having to ask. The last job I had came to an end about twenty years ago.

For example, I taught a little, worked a 2 and 1 rotation in the Middle East, did a little modeling and some TV shows, worked in a five star hotel and helped a guy with his export company. I entertained his buyers when he couldnt make the flight from New York.

I have no pension, social security or insurance, except for the required car insurance. I have grown much more conservative with investments as I have aged, with the main goal now being capitol preservation.

I never really bought into the whole career idea. My goal was always to work as little as possible and quit as soon as possible, and that is pretty much what I have done.

Though you've invested in a fruit business...

Forrest, Forrest Gump.?lol

• Like 1

You want the real? Here goes: Your longevity increases substantially because in Thailand, unless you are dead already, it's impossible to be lonely. In a western country a younger person is unlikely to befriend you. Loneliness has the same effect on your mental and physical health as stress. The more active you are physically, mentally and yes emotionally the longer you will live. If you stay in a western country in your golden years you will eventually become invisible to society. This many of you can attest to. Many western men, who thought they had problems getting there dog to stay on point, discover after only a few weeks in Thailand that there wasn't a physical dysfunction but a mental dysfunction cause by years of mentally abusive relationships. As a result, their dog became disinterested in pointing and more pleasure in sleep. Like a wise man once said: "Free your mind and your ass will follow"

Interesting points. There should be a study to compare old dudes in Thailand with an active sex life, to old dudes in the west who....well, don't. The young female motive aside, I would imagine the old guys in Thailand would win hands-down in terms of vitality and drive.

As an example, I had a friend visit recently from the US, in his early 50's. The guy had been divorce for over a decade and hadn't been with a woman for quite some time. I took him to a bar, he picked up a girl, and went to the hotel. He told me later that almost immediately after she touched his privates--and we're talking just touch--he shot his load. The poor guy was embarrassed beyond words. Luckily the girl was sympathetic and didn't laugh her ass off...as far as he knew.

I go back to USA every year. As soon as I hit customs I can feel the stress. I stay three months and it felt like an eternity. Just didn't seem to fit into the rat race/dog eat dog anymore. Here I have peace.

Well I'm sad to see 99% men here for cheap everything and young women, and no WOMEN posting.

So, this is why I, as a young foreign woman, like Thailand. (No, I didn't come here for the men. Foreign or Thai.)

I love that I can eat for 1$. I love love love SPICY THAI FOOD. I adore it, in fact.

I HATE Canadian winters, so the climate of course! I like that I can walk around my house naked or in my underwear without cranking the heater.

I love riding scooters everywhere. Including on the hiway. (I have a scooter back home, but can only really use it 3 months a year... and not on the hiways)

I love the friendly people, smiles, "jai yen", "mai ben rai"...

I enjoy the parties. The Wat parties. Monks dancing, people throwing all their money around and getting hammered! It is admittedly fun.

Do I miss some things? Yes. I miss men with big dicks. I miss white guys that aren't here to sleep with young Thai girls (ha ha and no offense...) I do get lonely.

I get annoyed by drunk drivers, being looked at like a walking ATM (being white), mosquitoes, smoke burning my eyes in the hot season, and the lack of recycling I see... But not enough to want to leave.

Ilove it enough to call this my winter home 6 months a year!

Where is Canada?

I never had a career, just interesting jobs along the way which people would offer me. For some reason people liked me and offered opportunities without me having to ask. The last job I had came to an end about twenty years ago.

For example, I taught a little, worked a 2 and 1 rotation in the Middle East, did a little modeling and some TV shows, worked in a five star hotel and helped a guy with his export company. I entertained his buyers when he couldn’t make the flight from New York.
I have no pension, social security or insurance, except for the required car insurance. I have grown much more conservative with investments as I have aged, with the main goal now being capitol preservation.
I never really bought into the whole career idea. My goal was always to work as little as possible and quit as soon as possible, and that is pretty much what I have done.

So in other words, you never got caught. wai.gif

And just another true example: 5 years ago I was sitting on sukhumvit so 13, a stone tissue was quite the chefrom Miami Hotel and before the Nigerians started hanging out there selling their rat poison, and I met a guy who obviously had lost his arm. He was a friendly guy kind of reminded me of Santa Claus. On the arm he still had was the hand of one of the most beautiful Thai girls that I had seen, up until then. He told me that in England most the women would avoid him because they didn't want to be friend a cripple less be seen with one. We sat and had a drink together. I notice how this girl took care of him by putting ice to his drink, smiling while rubbing what remained of his arm and asking him if he needed anything that would make him more comfortable. I remember his glowing face, his smile, that happy look in his eyes.

For example, I taught a little, worked a 2 and 1 rotation in the Middle East, did a little modeling and some TV shows, worked in a five star hotel and helped a guy with his export company. I entertained his buyers when he couldn’t make the flight from New York.

Possum, you really think this is the real answer .

Edited by kevvy

I suppose I need to go to one of those, we hate VF luncheons, so I can find out what I really did in my life. Not sure I would recognize the fellow you guys have invented as the boogyman of Chiang Rai, however. I think you friendly gentlemen might be better occupied working on your own lives rather than worrying about mine. In short, get a life of your own.

• Like 1

I can't help thinking that some Western blokes might be different from one another, and might have different answers to the OP's question. I don't even think that all the Western males here are happy - I've heard some horror stories that would certainly leave me struggling to see the funny side

I suppose I need to go to one of those, we hate VF luncheons, so I can find out what I really did in my life. Not sure I would recognize the fellow you guys have invented as the boogyman of Chiang Rai, however. I think you friendly gentlemen might be better occupied working on your own lives rather than worrying about mine. In short, get a life of your own.

... so I can find out what I really did in my life. No problem. If you want to find out what you really did in your life, it is already posted on line for you to read.

... so I can find out what I really did in my life. No problem. If you want to find out what you really did in your life, it is already posted on line for you to read.

I took your advice and had a look online to see what was written about me and came across this old topic. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/619964-village-farang-mister-nice-guy/

• Like 1

I took your advice and had a look online to see what was written about me and came across this old topic. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/619964-village-farang-mister-nice-guy/

Great. So thats what others wrote about yourself; I prefer to read what you wrote about yourself.