Why are Western men so happy in Thailand ?

berybert

This view has something to do with me being happy in Thailand, among many other things.

Test1%2B%2B005.jpg

Nice photo, but it's not always green.... dry and hot most times of the year... I hope there's more that keeps you here.

-The weather is better here

-There is a wider variety of delicious food, local and international

-The cost of living is so low I only work 2-3 days a week

-The police show mercy and can be negotiated with

-I am treated with respect

-I receive excellent health care

-The people are easy going

-The city is constantly changing with new things to do and places to explore

-The beach is 2 hours away by drive

-My huge family lives here

-I speak the language and know the culture

-And the list goes on...

Not even a seven nation army could drag me back.

Sounds like you are describing Perth, Australia, except, the cost of living is a bit higher and the beaches are only a few minutes away and are far superior to ANY in Thailand.

Why?...Because my photo's collection....

I keep actual pictures of all my ex wives and ex girl friends in America....

Every time I feel unhappy and sick about something here....I look at their pictures...and to my 23 years old younger Thai wife..and her single friends.

Instant cure

attachicon.gifBalina.jpg

Correction..Not 23 years old........23 years younger. I am 62. The one, first in line beauty is 22, her farang boy friend is 47. He also is very happy in Thailand, already working with his future, and very rich in laws. Thank you Bob for let me post this picture, I know you are very proud of her and her family in Songhla....Do you know if the baby will be boy or girl?

Edited by BKResort

This view has something to do with me being happy in Thailand, among many other things.

Test1%2B%2B005.jpg

Nice photo, but it's not always green.... dry and hot most times of the year... I hope there's more that keeps you here.

Yes, there are many other things which keep me here and I think my 38 years of living here can attest to that. For some of us Thailand has afforded us a wonderful life.

Wow, you must have been a rich young fella when you moved here... for me I accept my mortality, so am moving wife, and daughter, back to Australia, where they will have a far better life, even after I kick the bucket. Something others should be considering, instead of ONLY their lives.

At less they don't have a go at you like all the di?k heads did to me .

Yes I am happy here for sure and so what if I have a young lady friend to take care of me , makes most of the man very jealous of me when I walk around and yes you out there will say he will do his money , well know I will not because I have to much money and will never ever lose it to a thai lady and if I do it is my money to lose .

I am not that stupid do all my money and what I lose here to a thai is my money and no one else.

Yes it cost f??k all to live here and no I don't go for bar lady's at all I don't need to I am a very good sweet talk .

I'm happy here because georgemandm is not my neighbour... clap2.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gifbiggrin.png

I like living here because --after almost 40 years of always owning a car in the USA -- I maybe never have to own a car again ... and I also enjoy not having a wife because, even in Thailand, you can only marry one.

You can really have more than one if you know how to go about it. Many girls will be more than happy to accept a "temple" marriage a Baht or so of gold and a monthly stipend and be glad to by your little wife.

Its a cheap hot corrupt shithole what is there to not kike?

It sounds like it is past time for you to pull up your stakes and go home. And here I was enjoying all the positive comments (up until yours).

I like living here because --after almost 40 years of always owning a car in the USA -- I maybe never have to own a car again ... and I also enjoy not having a wife because, even in Thailand, you can only marry one.

you can have mia nois and giks

true...true. only if you have the funds !!

Here, my vices cost me $7 per day.

Back home, $40.

Here, I can live ok off the rent of my house back home.

There, I'd have to work.

Back "home", Wifey gets homesick, and no way to make gaeng som fish stomach curry.

Here, she gets NZ-longings but there's fish stomach curry just around the corner to compensate.

No brainer.

Have to agree wholeheartedly. No way known could I live on the Age Pension in Oz. It wouldn't even cover the weekly rent, let alone anything else. Moved her last September, and it's the best decision I've ever made. No ex to annoy me, no petty bi***ing family members to make life miserable. I have a fantastic Thai lady as my fiancé. I've been accepted by her family. Basically I'm as happy as a pig in mud, for the first time in my life. LOVE THIS COUNTRY despite all it's flaws. It still leaves Oz for dead.

• Like 2

you can have mia nois and giks

sounds like an asian virus...lol.