Honda reveals new 2016 Honda Civic at New York Auto Show

Today the Japanese automaker debuted the new 2016 Civic concept, previewing the 10th-generation Civic that’s set to arrive later this fall (in the U.S.)

I wonder when we will get this new Civic in Thailand? It looks good, and I would consider one in Hybrid maybe.

c4ca8e500ace463051a343759a6013d554accd48

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/new-york-auto-show/news/g6232/honda-civic-concept-nyias-photos/?slide=13

I really don't think you will see this here in Thailand because of engine size and crash test junk. 7 air bags and being able to run into a wall at 50 mph. Have you ever seen any crash test results on Thai vehicles ? and not the ones you see sitting in the ditch after an accident. LOL

Honda seem to make different shaped models that have no resemblance

with each other but carry the same name for different regions around the world.

Therefore i doubt that the OP's picture of the Civic will be sold for the Asian market

especially as it's a 2 door sport looking model.

Here's a pic of the current European spec Civic from Honda's website that looks

nothing like the one in Thailand.

post-63109-0-04917600-1428040544_thumb.p

Yes. expect a bland 4 door version only available with the smallest engine and an auto box. Minimal active safety features and a higher price than the range topping version overseas...

Yes. expect a bland 4 door version only available with the smallest engine and an auto box. Minimal active safety features and a higher price than the range topping version overseas...

Now I know why ace loves them so much. ;)

• 1 month later...

Could just about handle the colour,.but the killers tint , and hatchback is a No No , Anyway ive already ordered the 1St 4Door in silver,but no date given as usual,thumbsup.gif

Love the colour i could find it easy in a car park .

any idea when it will be available in Thailand and what it looks like?

Cant see a Sedan BSJ,just the Concept Hatch. Told the 4Door will just be a boldish facelift . Same1.8. with the new C.V Box.sad.png .Cant expect much here can we.Cant even get the new Mazda.facepalm.gif

I think that blue one is 4-door with the rear door handle up the top like the hrv. Given the hrv only has the 1.8 the new civic will probably have the 1.8 too, with will be very outdated by the end of its generation. Still hoping for a 1.5 turbo, at least. Sadly, it seems only ford/mazda dare to be different in this country and have introduced newish technology.

Two things Thailand does not need are another shopping mall and more Hondastongue.png

May I add a precision:... more shopping malls and Honda City (or Toyota Vios).

Incidentally, why is there always a Vios or a City all by itself in front of me on the right most lane of the motorway?