Wanted to buy - Studio in The Avenue Condominium (on quiet side) off Second Road Pattaya

johnfb

I want a studio on the quiet side of the Avenue Condominium which is located off Second Road Pattaya. I want to buy and have 2.2 million THB available. I do not want it facing the bars/night clubs as it is too noisy to sleep.Would consider renting until the sale goes through.

or PM me.

Might be a quiet side today but tomorrow? Some jerk could open an after hours all night karaoke and make your life miserable.

You can phone city hall 100 times and nothing will be done. My neighbors and I know!

Do you actually know the condo he is referring too and the surrounding area or is your comment a generalization of what can happen in some situations.

Yes. I know the area.

A jerk can open up an after hours karaoke and terrorise the neighbours for years if he has a police friend.

You know how frustrating it can be to call they City hotline at 4AM over 100 times and be ignored?

And if you are dumb enough to buy property in Thailand you then have the pleasure of dealing with the scamming realtor, management and maintenance staff.

Rent.

Edited by jamesjohnsonthird

insulting remark and response removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

To the OP. Tried to PM you but got the message that you cannot receive any more messages.

If you can PM me please do so, as I know someone with access to some studios at The Avenue Residence for sale.

I bet you do,sounds like a troll post

Yes. I know the area.

A jerk can open up an after hours karaoke and terrorise the neighbours for years if he has a police friend.

You know how frustrating it can be to call they City hotline at 4AM over 100 times and be ignored?

And if you are dumb enough to buy property in Thailand you then have the pleasure of dealing with the scamming realtor, management and maintenance staff.

Rent.

You obviously don't as you would know that's not possible. Yes it can and does happen but cant with where the OP is looking for

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 314572800 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 91 bytes) in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 2799

This is coming up when I try to PM..anyone know why and how I fix it?

^^

Hi, I saw your post on your problem and reported it so that other Mods can perhaps provide an answer for you.

I tried to PM you but that was not possible either. If any Mod answers then I will post here. Cheers

petercool - moderator

Yes. I know the area.

Rent.

You obviously don't as you would know that's not possible. Yes it can and does happen but cant with where the OP is looking for

It might be quiet now and could stay that way. That's a possibility.

Another possibility is some police jerk can set up a thousand watt speaker and have his 3 drunk pals screaming into the mic every nite till 6AM.

Like I said, try calling 1337 a hundred times at 4AM about the nuisance that keeps the entire neighbourhood awake. You'll be loving it. So happy you purchased a property in Thailand.

Rent. ..and don't use an agent.

• Like 1

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 314572800 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 91 bytes) in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 2799

Is your PM box full?

Yes. I know the area.

Rent.

There are several noisy establishments around that area. OK, they may not all go on all night or be open after the witching hour (whenever that is) but that can make up for it earlier in the evening.

About the only place in Pattaya where you can be reasonably sure that no inconsiderate b*stard is going make a lot of noise is down near the Royal Palace on Pratumnak. Anywhere else you take your chances.

Is your PM box full?

This php out of memory error seems unlikely to be caused by anything in his PM box.

I would say that maybe the 300Mb memory allocation is a bit stingy for a busy forum, or maybe there's some badly-written bit of code somewhere that is eating up resources. I've noticed that the "server busy" error comes up quite frequently.

And someone should really write a custom error function. Default php errors always look a bit amateurish to me.

<?php /* End of free consultation. smile.png */ ?>

Contact me and i will give you my wifes e mail address ,i believe she has some

Careful using agents.

I was trying to sell a place for 10 million with a nice commission for the agent but the agent was telling buyers 12 million. Nice eh? Chasing off my buyers by running a scam.

Another rental I had, asking 17,000 rent with a commission but the agent was quoting 25,000. Chasing the customers away.

Then you have to deal with unscroupulous management. You see, anyone in Thailand in a management position feels they have earned their right to steal.

The maintenance man can't be trusted and same same with the security guards. Our security guys sabotaged the CCTV.

Did I mention the deadbeat neighbours that don't pay the fees and the place goes to hell?

...or the bad neighbour that decides to run a metal crushing business next store or dog kennel?

This is Thailand. Rent.

• Like 2

Careful using agents.

I was trying to sell a place for 10 million with a nice commission for the agent but the agent was telling buyers 12 million. Nice eh? Chasing off my buyers by running a scam.

Another rental I had, asking 17,000 rent with a commission but the agent was quoting 25,000. Chasing the customers away.

Then you have to deal with unscroupulous management. You see, anyone in Thailand in a management position feels they have earned their right to steal.

The maintenance man can't be trusted and same same with the security guards. Our security guys sabotaged the CCTV.

Did I mention the deadbeat neighbours that don't pay the fees and the place goes to hell?

...or the bad neighbour that decides to run a metal crushing business next store or dog kennel?

This is Thailand. Rent.

So you're blaring in this thread that the OP should rent and never own property in Thailand, while it seems that you own at least 2 properties yourself.

You must be TVF resident troll.

Careful using agents.

This is Thailand. Rent.

So you're blaring in this thread that the OP should rent and never own property in Thailand, while it seems that you own at least 2 properties yourself.

You must be TVF resident troll.

No. I was stupid. Didn't listen. Now I am passing along some advice.

Careful using agents.

This is an incredibly common scam here. It happens ALL THE TIME but most people (buyers and sellers) don't even realise it.

I only own one property here, and I rather like it.

But if anyone asked my opinion I would say always rent unless you have found somewhere that you can be certain you will want to live in forever, and preferably is being sold at at least 30% under the average asking price.

Anything else you will probably lose money on, and it may become a colossal millstone around your neck.

Property in Thailand is absolutely nothing like property in, say, the UK. No valid comparisons at all.

• Like 2

Might be a quiet side today but tomorrow? Some jerk could open an after hours all night karaoke and make your life miserable.

You can phone city hall 100 times and nothing will be done. My neighbors and I know!

Do you actually know the condo he is referring too and the surrounding area or is your comment a generalization of what can happen in some situations.

He obviously knows the condo he is talking about. There is already a men's gay night club next door that does not open until 11:30pm, and goes all night. Before this, it was karaoke. Are you now satisfied that he knows what he is talking about, and that you don't? There have been gunfights within the last year in the street in front, under different ownership. Just check with the police. Any more questions?

• Like 1

Don’t understand all this don’t buy just rent the sky will fall in on you

nonsense, when you buy, do a bit of home work first. there is never any guarantee

of all will be fine, but does life come with a guarantee, no

But one thing you all forget and its just a selfish thing for most

If you buy a place there is an asset you can leave to you wife, girlfriend, boy friend

Or son or daughter. after your dead, an empty bank account is no good to anyone.

Money flushed down toilet is rent every year. wai2.gif

Edited by onemorechang
  • Like 1

He obviously knows the condo he is talking about. There is already a men's gay night club next door that does not open until 11:30pm, and goes all night. Before this, it was karaoke. Are you now satisfied that he knows what he is talking about, and that you don't? There have been gunfights within the last year in the street in front, under different ownership. Just check with the police. Any more questions?

There is a premium on the close proximity to an establishment mentioned that the purchaser is, I suggest more than willing to pay,in fact 3 to 4 million plus may well be changed hands as I type

Quiet + the Avenue = does not compute. That is a party zone.

probably half the tenants are short timers from Arab countries.

Might might makes sense as a rental though, the prices are outrageous during high season.

Edited by OnMyWay2
  • Like 1