Do you wear socks with your sandals?

I think, in general, that men are a bit embarassed about their feet. They don't pedicure and look after their feet as well as the ladies do.

Hence the socks.

Also, it's easier to rince your bare feet if you walk in something yucky. What are you going to do with a dirty sock that has walked in dog poo?

And walking around your own home in bare feet is very good for your health. I do wear socks at home, because of the cold. But you lot have no excuse. But the minute the temp goes up my socks are in a box.

And how can you wiggle your toes in the sand with socks on?

Edited by Patsycat

I think, in general, that men are a bit embarassed about their feet. They don't pedicure and look after their feet as well as the ladies do.

Hence the socks.

Also, it's easier to rince your bare feet if you walk in something yucky. What are you going to do with a dirty sock that has walked in dog poo?

And walking around your own home in bare feet is very good for your health. I do wear socks at home, because of the cold. But you lot have no excuse. But the minute the temp goes up my socks are in a box.

And how can you wiggle your toes in the sand with socks on?

I pedicure my feet routinely, when taking off my shoes I can proudly display them to the massage ladies.

• Like 1

Well Costas there are about 1 million Australians of Greek descent who, like the rest of us, would NEVER wear socks with sandals. And they wouldn't wear flip flops either - they would wear thongs - no matter if the rest of the world has a different idea of what thongs are. As for crocks with or without socks!!!!! Wearers should be introduced to a real 5 m salt water crocodile, which would pass instant judgement on their fashion style.

I wear sandals in the summer in Australia and Thailand - no socks of course. The Roman army conquered most of Europe, North Africa and the Middle East wearing sandals - without socks. Sandal comes from the ancient Greek word sandalon - so I guess this is why you are an expert (but please no socks)>

• Like 1