eau en Thailande?

sirocco

Hello,
I regularly go fetch my water at the water cooler, but at Home Pro, it sells carbon cartridges.
What do you recommend? I do not want a machine that takes up too much space, and which must put bottles.
Thank you for your suggestions.

<<<< French language removed. This is an English language forum, English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed. >>>>

Edited by metisdead

Thank you for your answer, but there are filters attached directly to the faucet of the sink and others set up with 1 to 3 cartridges and cartridges are changed regularly.

But I do not know which would be most effective, because it is a drinking water.

filtre-eau-sur-robinet.pngfiltre-d-eau-potable-sous-evier-carbofil

Where are you living and what is the source of your water?

In and around Bangkok the tap water is drinkable so a simple resin and carbon filter will be adequate.

Out in the sticks, or with water from a well, you'll be looking at a reverse-osmosis system.

Hello,
This is a pump within my home that must be pumped into the well.
When there is more current, there is more water. I am Hua Hin.
I try to not do the water carrier. Merci

As Crossy suggests, if you are taking water from a well and want "drinking water" then it is best to install an RO package (consisting of a Reverse Osmosis micro-filter, resin and carbon filters).

While you might be able to find one without a 'reserve' bottle, those bladder bottles are useful as it takes a while to for the setup to produce any amount of water, so if you want a liter or more of fresh water on-demand it will need to be drawn from the storage bottle.

3178-20141123123029-665311.jpg

If you are willing to take chances then just go for the carbon only filter (only improves 'taste').

Faucet%2BFilter%2BSystem%252C%2BElectron

Edited by RichCor
  • Like 1

I do not want to improve the taste, but avoid swallowing harmful residues. I make my coffee always with tap water for years, but I drink the water from the dispenser.

I'll see in various stores Hua Hin what they offer, (home pro, or 88 Junsui) and I make inquiries on all micro filter resins and carbon filters.

But this device seems imposing. I would like one that fits the tap.

Currently, there Junsui on sale in Hua Hin. I got a flyer in my mailbox.

Thank you for your help.

Task A :- Get the water tested to see what, if any, 'harmful residues' (which will still be in your coffee) are there.

Task B :- Get a filter to remove same.

Yor local pump / filter shop should be able to assist in getting the water tested.

Or - just get the 20 liter jugs that you can put on to a water cooler for drinking water. Those cost 10 baht in Udon - maybe up to 20 baht elsewhere. But, that beats buying the filtering stuff and filters every so often. Yup.

I do not want to improve the taste, but avoid swallowing harmful residues.

I make my coffee always with tap water for years, but I drink the water from the dispenser.

I'll see in various stores Hua Hin what they offer, (home pro, or 88 Junsui) and I make inquiries on all micro filter resins and carbon filters.

But this device seems imposing. I would like one that fits the tap.

[...]

3178-20141123123029-665311.jpg

These systems are normally mounted under-cabinet (under the sink), and except for the easy-touch dispenser go unseen.

That are this size because of the amount of water they process, AND allow you to go 6-12 months between filter cartridge changes**. (The TAP version may go 1 month between filter cartridge changes**).

** Estimated. Actual time between filter cartridge changes is dependent on amount of water processed, actual amount of sediment/contamination captured and the potential of the filters becoming a growth medium for harmful bacteria.

Easiest to get the water tested. You may discover it needs very little filtering.

But given the amount of times large areas of Thailand get flooded, and the amount of cross contamination from every possible source mixed into those flood waters, I would hope that where-ever you get your drinking water from that it's properly treated/filtered.

I want to thank all stakeholders for their opinion, their suggestion to help.

I could get me some documentation, in Thai, but with references to the filtering equipment, emails brands, I think I'll get out, and the choice will be difficult.

I also go on French sites, having seen some device resembling those Thais.

Bonne soirée.

Before engage in a purchase that will not be too satisfactory, (I just read of little benefit of having a filter apparatus, and wastage water) I will do a water analysis, although I already know the answer since all my neighbors, mostly thais, use the fountain.

But hey, it is acquired by conscience and avoid an unnecessary spending.

Thank you.

We draw well water here up north and lately I've become a bit concerned with the high number of locals dying in their early 50's from Breast, Liver or Gall Bladder cancers.

While most of this is probably due to the type and amounts of so-called alcohol they ingest on a regular basis, I do wonder what other contributors and causations are in the local water and foods being eaten.

For now I'll stick to having RO drinking water delivered, but then I drink the tap water and eat the rice when out and about.