Free bike rental in Chiang Mai.

mamborobert

Not sure if anyone noticed but there is a swag of new bikes available near Thapae Gate and today I see this in CM108:

http://www.cm108.com/bbb/index.php?act=ST&f=8&t=4999

Not sure if just before Songkran is the best launch idea...personally would have waited till maybe late October.

Either way seems promising but like all things the execution and longevity will be the test.

The bikes will go nicely with the new road markings following incidents last month where Chinese were cycling wrong way round the moat. I wonder if the new bikes are to cater for the Chinese (as a catalyst for the idea anyway) as they certainly seem to have taken to cycling in CM.

Now for the helmets, road rules, lights, etc etc etc.

a lot of me can't see this ending well, for me it's an idea a bit ahead of the CM time,

And how do they prevent them from getting stolen as soon as the said chinese stop and get off

to take yet another pic of themselves, or food, or atms, or the street, or yogurt, or iberry.....?

And they are easy to spot/color for a new bike thief..so the tourists pays the money and **poof**!

Timing is Thainess at its best----inconceivable!! "I dont think that word means what you think it does"...whistling.gif