It's the hot season,how are you holding up.

For me i decided this year with the heat and Songkran to escape to Koh Chang,it was about 32c here today,warm but with a see breeze bearable,i checked the province where i live Petchabun,Wichianburi town is about 10 k from me it was 39.5c at 4pm today,so you guys who are suffering,any tips on how to cope ,apart from being a wuss like me and fleeing,have any of you "gone Troppo ' yet.

• Like 1

"It's the hot season,how are you holding up."

Either it's hot or cold season, I've got some difficulty holding up, sometimes.

But can't complaint, up to now I can finish the task I started.

Don't know what will happen in some years to come.............but lets keep our fingers crossed.

• Like 1

I was OK till the last 15 km, just after noon. Then the goose bumps were setting in, I could feel shivers coming on, and I was struggling to get on and off the bike. I was grateful for a bit of rehydration and a calming Tiger

Costas,i said "holding up' [as in how are you coping with the heat],not getting it up.

Marko, you must be a young lad........I was once...........when you come to my age you will understand that what I'm saying is right.

Getting it up is no problem.........holding up is the problem............

Why do you have to make me depressed?

Ah i see,losing wood,as the saying goes,sorry did not mean to depress you Costas,well anyway chin up old chap,oh dear ,that probably was not the right expression,i'll get my coat.

• Like 1

I was OK till the last 15 km, just after noon. Then the goose bumps were setting in, I could feel shivers coming on, and I was struggling to get on and off the bike. I was grateful for a bit of rehydration and a calming Tiger

Malaria?

• Like 1

I was a bit like that about 3 years ago as I was planning to ride to BKK about 350 km away.

I managed the first 40 km and felt so bad I rode back home after hoovering 500 ml of Coca Cola. I was about 4 km from home and I was nearly falling off my bike and I stopped at a little Mom and Pop place.

They took my backpack and me off the bike and led me to a sort of table to lie down and offered me cold water. It took me 10 minutes to recover enough to ring my wife to come and get me. She did and somebody rode the bike home. I went to bed for a couple of hours with the a/c on and felt a bit better.

I was so dehydrated and I nearly fell of and that scared me. Now I drink lots of water and I am thinking of getting a spray bottle to fill with cool water andf spray myself after a stop and let it evaporate as I ride.

• Like 2

Bought a new air-conditioner recently to replace the one in the living-room that is 7 years old. I must say its great turn the thing on 29 degrees with a fan and I am ok.

Turn it to 20 degrees and you don't need a fan.

• Like 1

I was a bit like that about 3 years ago as I was planning to ride to BKK about 350 km away.

I managed the first 40 km and felt so bad I rode back home after hoovering 500 ml of Coca Cola. I was about 4 km from home and I was nearly falling off my bike and I stopped at a little Mom and Pop place.

They took my backpack and me off the bike and led me to a sort of table to lie down and offered me cold water. It took me 10 minutes to recover enough to ring my wife to come and get me. She did and somebody rode the bike home. I went to bed for a couple of hours with the a/c on and felt a bit better.

I was so dehydrated and I nearly fell of and that scared me. Now I drink lots of water and I am thinking of getting a spray bottle to fill with cool water andf spray myself after a stop and let it evaporate as I ride.

I haven't tried this personally, but I was once told that when on a bike, get a neck scarf and soak it in water to get evaporative cooling to stop your head overheating.

• Like 2

Use to work into ship engine room and normal temp was in the 30's all the time. In the control room we had AC but on older clunkers no ac so soaking into shaft tunnel water from ocean kind of weird but you got to do what is best to cope with hot beautiful weather. Ac at night and fan during the day.

After over nine years in Malaysia, then Queensland and 25 years in Darwin the last eight in Thailand have been pretty good. We have dry heat here which is much more comfortable than the humidity in northern Australia, where troppo season, mango madness and the 'build-up' all drain whatever energy you might have.

Here the fan during the day and air-con on 25c at night and all's well.

Bob A. Relaxed in Lampang

• Like 1

I must be adapting. Thought is was very hot last year and kept A\C on 24/7. This year I am in new house in Chiang Mai and use floor fans and A/C only a couple of hours a day. I think I can keep my electricity bill on 170 sq meter house to less than 2,000 baht. First month was 1,100.

Bought a new air-conditioner recently to replace the one in the living-room that is 7 years old. I must say its great turn the thing on 29 degrees with a fan and I am ok.

You will when you see the electric bill

If a hundred bucks is going to break you, why bother having an a/c?

• Like 1

You will when you see the electric bill
If a hundred bucks is going to break you, why bother having an a/c?
I'm quite comfortable with just the fan running, and the windows open, but I live on a high floor with an open aspect, and get a good through draft.

I don't see the point of wasting electric, just to show you've got a bob or two to spare. That's what watches and fancy tarts are for

SC

• Like 1

For me i decided this year with the heat and Songkran to escape to Koh Chang,it was about 32c here today,warm but with a see breeze bearable,i checked the province where i live Petchabun,Wichianburi town is about 10 k from me it was 39.5c at 4pm today,so you guys who are suffering,any tips on how to cope ,apart from being a wuss like me and fleeing,have any of you "gone Troppo ' yet.