sending money out of thailand

Hi there,

Perhaps some know a non-immigrant O visa (marriage visa) requires a 400k THB deposit on a Thai bank account registered in your own name. It's no problem to send it from an overseas account to a newly created Thai bank account, but I'm wondering, is it just as easy to send that money back again in the future? I heard some stories that it's very difficult to get money out of Thailand again. My stay in Thailand will be limited to a certain amount of years where after I will be returning again to Europe and I want to be sure that those 400k isn't going to be "locked" in Thailand. Can that money be sent out of Thailand again without a problem? - How does it work?

Thanks,

Eek

Sending money out... well, not sure about your requirements, but if you have money to go or send out.. look at western union services.. you pay a fee and it is gone...to where ever you sent it to..

I've never had a problem sending money back, in the 200K-300K range. If there is any trick to it, it is to go to a larger branch, that does those transactions on a regular basis. I used Bangkok Bank, doing a SWIFT transfer, and zero problems.