U.K. Embassy right on the ball.

Sent an email to the British Embassy asking for information, got an automatic reply "we will reply within 20 working days = four weeks or one month. I could write a letter post it to the U.K and still get a reply faster than an email sent just up the road in Bangkok. What business could survive replying to emails a month later.

• Like 1

Sent an email to the British Embassy asking for information, got an automatic reply "we will reply within 20 working days = four weeks or one month. I could write a letter post it to the U.K and still get a reply faster than an email sent just up the road in Bangkok. What business could survive replying to emails a month later.

1. They're closed until Tue for Easter.

2. The '20 days' enables them to prioritise. This link explains:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/funny-old-world-phil-collinss-277377

HTH

Edited by evadgib

The British embassy is staffed by paper shufflers 3rd grade backed up by paper clip counters 4th grade ,nothing has changed in 24 years ,as shown at the time of the Tsunami they are as much use as a chocolate spoon . and i am trying to be polite.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

1. They're closed until Tue for Easter.

2. The '20 days' enables them to prioritise. This link explains:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/funny-old-world-phil-collinss-277377

HTH

The British embassy is staffed by paper shufflers 3rd grade backed up by paper clip counters 4th grade ,nothing has changed in 24 years ,as shown at the time of the Tsunami they are as much use as a chocolate spoon . and i am trying to be polite.

OP I emailed a question to them about 6 weeks ago and also received the automated reply. To my pleasant surprise I received a reply from a consular official less than 2 working days later. They also promptly responded to follow up mails and sent a registered letter to me within a week/10 days of the initial enquiry - at no cost thumbsup.gif

i claudius - I appreciate it is my only recent dealing with them but in that instance you could not have faulted them.

• Like 1

How could anyone have been ready for that & how does your latest rant help the OP? Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

The UK embassy are not a business.

The Embassy staff are enjoying a hardship posting in Bangkok, sipping G&T's on the balcony at 4pm and avoiding the riff raft to be bothered responding to the commoners.

Because if they were a business, that relied on fees for service, they would last about a week.

They should feel right at home then with Thailand business "culture"