Non Imm.o Multipple Entry

Hi boys and girls.

I am40 years old, married to a Thai national who is pregnant with my baby.

I am from Holland, and live in Chiang Rai.

I am curently on a 30 day "visa"

I do not have 400K in a Thai bank, nor can i show money abroad.

If i travel to Penang with my marriage certificate, my wifes ID card, and a restaurant rental contract in my name.

Do they give me a Non O, multiple entry visa in Penang?

I do not believe you will obtain a multi entry O visa with that documentation anywhere in the area but the only way to be sure is to try. I doubt a restaurant contract would be much help as that makes it look as if you are working without permission.

Penang has been reported as only issuing single entry O visas to 'newbies', not sure if anything has changed (recent experiences anyone?).

KL was certainly doing multi entry O's back in march when I got mine, could be a better bet there :o

EDIT. Documentation we used in KL:-

Wifeys passport + ID (in different names, but that's another story).

UK marriage cert

500 Ringitt fee

No bank statements etc were asked for or provided. We did take my ladies house book, but I'm pretty sure we didn't show it.

You may want to take your wife with you :D

Edited by Crossy

Penang has been reported as only issuing single entry O visas to 'newbies', not sure if anything has changed (recent experiences anyone?).

this is very relevant to the post I made earlier.....and have had no info on availability, so far.......

Staff have changed in penang consulate - if you talk to the visa agaents in penang they tell you to go to KL for multi entry non-imm

I was in penang early last month and got this directly from the agents.

If you talk to the agaents in penang they may know someone who can help in KL - but i beleive most people do it themselves there.

Thanks guys, i had a non o before in holland, and was thinking to save money go to penang.

your posts are clear, KL should be the place, thanks,

no lob, the misses is working, i just have my name in the rental contract, thats about it, thank you all :o

Staff have changed in penang consulate - if you talk to the visa agaents in penang they tell you to go to KL for multi entry non-imm

I was in penang early last month and got this directly from the agents.

If you talk to the agaents in penang they may know someone who can help in KL - but i beleive most people do it themselves there.

I returned two weeks ago from Penang with my fourth non imm multi 'O' visa. A good friend returned yesterday with the same....NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

The agent did ask me for a bank statement showing 400,000 Baht. which was a first. I always go prepared for anything so this wasn't a problem.

geoffphuket

I would say having to show 400k in addition to proof of having a Thai wife was a rather major change if that is what you are saying. Most people who have 400k should be able to extend there stay rather than having to apply for a multi entry O visa.

I would say having to show 400k in addition to proof of having a Thai wife was a rather major change if that is what you are saying. Most people who have 400k should be able to extend there stay rather than having to apply for a multi entry O visa.

Hi Lopburi3

My application is based on being the named father of a Thai baby. I can obtain a court order to extend my stay, 12 months at a time, but choose not to do so.... The once every 15 month trip to Penang is a nice break.

Cheers

geoffphuket

As the years go by it may become less attractive. At some point it becomes nice not to have to worry about trains/planes/ferries/taxis and TM.6's

Couldn't agree more, but hopefully I’ve a few more years left in me yet before I need a walking frame…it’s also my one and only 3 day break from the missus :o:D

erg

You can check with an agent that many TV users use in Penang -

The NJ book centre - [email protected] Phone ++604 2616113

Hope this helps

geoffphuket

Funny - it was nj books that told me what i stated above, when i was there 4 weeks ago - however your circumstances were different from mine. Also on other threads it is stating that getting a multi non imm first time in penang now is very hard - not clear if they will issue a single non imm first then you can get a multi after that.

Best check with the agents who have an interest in being helpful (usually around 20RM worth of interest...) Whether you choose to use them or not is a personal choice but good information is provided over the phone or via email