Phuket police search for man in connection with death of one-year-old boy

webfact

Phuket police search for man in connection with death of one-year-old boy
Eakkapop Thongtub

1428308861_1-org.jpg
The funeral rites of the boy is being held at Wat Khositwiharn in Talad Yai

PHUKET: -- An arrest warrant has been issued for a 38-year-old man from Naratiwat after a one-year-old baby boy he was caring for died.

Yesterday (April 5), a woman from Pijit named only as Dow, 35, a karaoke worker in Phuket City, went to Vachira Hospital with her co workers to beg hospital staff to help find the cause of death of her one-year-old baby boy who passed away on Friday night (April 3).

Dow said that her friend's boyfriend from Naratiwat, had been taking care of the one-year-old while she was at work for about the last three months.

The man would pick the boy up once a week to stay with him in a hotel on Patipat Rd while she was at work.

On Friday, the man came to pick up the boy but the boy kept crying and did not want to go. However, she left the boy with the man.

Later that day, the man called her and said that the baby had fallen off the the bed and that he had taken him to Vachira Hospital. He asked her to come to the hospital as soon as possible.

Dow rushed to the hospital and once there found that the boy had died.

She cried and yelled the man and he fled from the hospital.

Phuket Investigator, Col Ronnaphum Permpoon arrived at the hospital to examine the body together with a doctor and found that the boy had suffered a head injury. He also had several bruises around the body, especially around the buttock area.

Police had the body transferred to Surathani Hospital for further examination and it was returned to Dow on Saturday (April 4).

Dow told police that she had noticed bruises on the baby but thought it normal for a child of this age to get bruises when he playing.

At the hospital yesterday Dow said, “I want that man to be responsible for my baby̕s death. I don't believe my baby fell from the bed even if the doctor at Vachira said the head injury might be the cause of death.”

Col Sien Kaewtong revealed that on Friday Phuket Provincial Court issued an arrest warrant for a 38-year-old man from Narathiwat for assault causing bodily injury and death.

Police have been searching for the man to bring him in for questioning, but have so far not been able to trace him.

Both police and Dow are still waiting for the results of the autopsy from Surathani Hospital. If it is found that the boy has been the victim of rape the wanted man will be charged accordingly.

The boy̕s funeral rites are currently being held at Wat Khositwiharn on Thepkassatri Rd in Talad Yai.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-search-for-man-in-connection-with-death-of-one-year-old-boy-51753.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-06

Oh God! whats wrong with these Thai men....just we had a case of a thai guys beating and killing a two year old and now raping a one year old........makes my blood boil. Young kids in these country must be protected from these animals.

Why on earth would you put your child in the care of a 38 year old man? Well, rest in peace, little one. Your time came too soon.

You don't hear much about child molestation stories reaching the news in Thailand--must not be good for tourism to report them.

Phuket Manhunt Underway for Somsak Yakob: Alleged Rapist and Baby Killer

post-231994-0-31067800-1428348211_thumb.

Phuket police are searching for a man named Somsak Yakob. A manhunt is underway in hopes of capturing Yakob on allegations of rape and killing a 1-year old child on April 3rd in Phuket Town.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/815338-phuket-manhunt-underway-for-somsak-yakob-alleged-rapist-and-baby-killer/

Why on earth would you put your child in the care of a 38 year old man? Well, rest in peace, little one. Your time came too soon.

You don't hear much about child molestation stories reaching the news in Thailand--must not be good for tourism to report them.

It seems to me that very few Thai mothers take care of and bring up their own child. If they are poor it is because they need to work, often away from home, and the mother's parents or grandparents do the job. If they have money it is because they are working and actually being the mother they have become very much comes second to making money. And, all too often, there is no man in the picture as he has been thrown out for womanising or gambling or drinking, or all three, or has simply deserted the family. All part of Thai culture. Also happens elsewhere in modern society, of course, and isn't the world I grew up in.

Sickening...

RIP to the little one.

Hope that they will find this sick bastard and that he receives the punishment he deserves. The mother already got her punishment by losing the boy...

Thailand - hub of neglect! :(

Edited by catweazle

........"She thought the bruise on the 1 year old was normal in play" What?........this is some ignorant mother. Was this guy a boy friend? Hotel Room? Was she a night worker at some bar? The story is incomplete as normal. She doesn't seem to be of a person of high intellect.

Raping the baby boy is pure filth. I have a son that age and I can't imagine the rage I'd muster if it were my son as this makes my blood boil. Hope the police just shoot him dead on the spot. Otherwise he will eventually be back on the streets in a few years.

• Like 1

Raping the baby boy is pure filth. I have a son that age and I can't imagine the rage I'd muster if it were my son as this makes my blood boil. Hope the police just shoot him dead on the spot. Otherwise he will eventually be back on the streets in a few years.

No results yet published from the autopsy. One has to wonder how a 1 year old baby boy could be raped (not the physical act, just the idea). Boggles the mind.

No results yet published from the autopsy. One has to wonder how a 1 year old baby boy could be raped (not the physical act, just the idea). Boggles the mind.

If this poor child was in fact raped, the autopsy will most likely reveal he died from blood loss, possibly internally, although the "fell off the bed" story may mean he struck the child about the head, or was shaking the child so much, he suffered a fatal concussion.

I was thinking the same as hansgruber. I think the police may become executioner in this case.

If he is bought in alive, we can expect, yet again, a large mob of angry locals looking to take revenge, and who could blame them?

At 38 years of age, I doubt this was the first time he had ever acted on his peodophile urges. One can only wonder the damage he has done to many other children.

That said, maybe he has no previous history of sexual assault, hit the ice pipe on the day in question, and had an psychotic episode.

Edited by NamKangMan

Man wanted over Phuket toddler’s death surrenders
Eakkapop Thongtub

1428401369_1-org.jpg
Somsak: She offered to sell the boy to me for B20,000.

PHUKET: -- A man from Naratiwat for whom an arrest warrant was issued on Friday (April 3) for allegedly assaulting a one-year-old baby boy, resulting in his death, handed himself in to police yesterday (April 6).

Col Kaitong Jantongbai of Phuket City police held a press conference today (April 7) to announce the arrest of Somsak Yakap, 38.

The incident allegedly happened on Friday at the Summer Hotel in Talad Yai, where Somsak was taking care of the boy Nopparat, nicknamed Bow.

Somsak told the boy’s mother that Bow had fallen off the bed. He took the child to Vachira Phuket Hospital, where Bow later died.

The boy’s mother, Montha “Dow̕” Pimchaisri, went to the Phuket City police the same day, accusing Somsak of assaulting her child.

She told police that Somsak had taken the toddler last Tuesday (March 31) to look after him while she was at work and was supposed to bring him back the following day. He didn̕t.

On Thursday (April 2), Montha told Somsak’s girlfriend, a friend of hers, to go check at the hotel. The friend reported that the baby was with Somsak and was fine.

On Friday afternoon Montha said she received a call saying Bow had fallen off the bed and had been taken to hospital. He had bruises on his body and a blood clot on the brain.

Phuket Provincial Court issued an arrest warrant for Somsak, who works as a motorcycle taxi driver.

When police could not find him they convinced Somsak’s girlfriend to contact him and ask him to come in for questioning.

Somsak had been hiding out in the Thepkrasattri area but yesterday handed himself in to police.

At the press conference he told a different tale.

“She always asked me to take care of Bow. It had been four or five times already. Sometimes it was as long as a week before she came to pick him up.

“His mother used to live next door to me and we were close as neighbours. He was a good boy and I liked him. I treated him just like my own kid and he was quite attached to me.

“I remember that the mother even said she would give Bow to me as my son if I paid her B20,000.”

He said that the day the boy fell from the bed he had to go out to try to reconcile with his wife and a three-year-old daughter who had left him following a fight.

“I went out to see my wife and daughter for around half an hour, leaving the boy alone in my room.

“After I had talked to my wife I came back to the room with a friend and found Bow laying face down on the floor. When I checked he was still breathing, but barely, so I took him to Vachira Hospital. I later found out he had died,” Somsak said.

He denied hitting the baby and insisted that he knew nothing about bruises. However, he did confess that he sometimes used krathom.

“I do not know how the bruises got on his body but I have never hurt him before. If I had hurt him, his mother would not have left him with me like this.”

Police also revealed today that they have received an autopsy report confirming that Bow was not the victim of sexual assault.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/man-wanted-over-phuket-toddlers-death-surrenders-51773.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-07

There you go. Autopsy in and no evidence of a sexual assault. One has to wonder why the mother started that sort of allegation. And what sort of mother she was.

• Like 1

There you go. Autopsy in and no evidence of a sexual assault. One has to wonder why the mother started that sort of allegation. And what sort of mother she was.
I was going off the update 13 hours ago that webfact posted.

And, all too often, there is no man in the picture as he has been thrown out for womanising or gambling or drinking, or all three, or has simply deserted the family. All part of Thai culture. Also happens elsewhere in modern society, of course, and isn't the world I grew up in.

I'm a product of the childrens home system back in the 60's, I'm from the UK, the place was full of kids from broken dysfunctional families, I can assure you it's not a cultural trait of just Thailand to have fecked up families, and it is the world you grew up in, you just never saw it.

Edited by Banzai99

I was going off the update 13 hours ago that webfact posted.

So was I.

One can only comment on what is reported at the time.

So, is this reported comment: "He also had several bruises around the body, especially around the buttock area." to be believed, or not????

Will there be any investigation into the bruising "around the buttock area?"

People get so agitated on first reading these articles, and then later on the 'correct' version is published " Bow was not the victim of sexual assault " The truth is often so much different sad.png .

And sometimes money changes hands to "adjust" the truth.

No suggesting this happened in this case, but, the "official truth" is what the police can be paid to release.