Tiger Temple Bears Silently Removed With Cranes

Jacob Maslow

post-231994-0-07710800-1428373749_thumb.

Last week, it was announced that the Tiger Temple refused to let authorities examine the bears on the Temple’s property. The six moon bears are a protected species, and the Tiger Temple did not provide proper documentation for the bears. Monks and followers blocked the temple’s gates to stop authorities from removing the bears.

Local authorities devised a plan to remove the bears this weekend. The animals were sedated and hoisted into trucks using a crane. None of the protestors were alerted to the bear’s removal as protestors were distracted by officials. Removal was carefully done by forest rangers and wildlife protection officials.

All of the six moon bears have now been relocated to a breeding facility in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung.

The retrieval of the bears took a team of 400 members, including police, soldiers and wildlife authorities to be carried out safely.

Authorities were also alerted to three of the temple’s tigers going missing. An investigation will commence against the temple, but authorities are asking the temple for their cooperation at this time. A full inspection of the tigers, which have been microchipped, is being suggested by authorities to verify that all tigers are still residing in the temple.

tvn.png
-- 2015-04-06

So just remove a bunch of illegally held bears? Who was arrested for imprisoning them?

The bears are a protected species. Additionally, the police were prevented from removing the bears.

However, the focus was to remove the bears to somewhere better suited.

So Monks and the temple have more power than the police

and the Wildlife protection dept.the Buddha must be spinning

in Nirvana at the way that Thai Buddhism is been run,along the

lines of Disneyland, where money and power rule.

relax Countryman

• Like 1

Would it be too hard to actually arrest people & walk in the front door !

This country is 99% useless, only thing that managed with some competence is 7/11 shops .

That tiger temple has been a scam on tourist dollar & illegal animal trading for years, thais just can't wipe their own arse !

• Like 2

So Monks and the temple have more power than the police

and the Wildlife protection dept.the Buddha must be spinning

in Nirvana at the way that Thai Buddhism is been run,along the

lines of Disneyland, where money and power rule.

relax Countryman

May I suggest that from now on we replace the expression "Thai Buddhism" by "Disneyland Buddhism"?

Not far from where I live, the Disneylanders have a "golden rock" that provides lucky numbers (bring a mirror to see them, as they are hidden under the rock) and - I DON"T MAKE THIS UP - Buddha's footprints!!!

Recently 2 different sets of monks were fighting over the entrance fees for it.

Access roads were blocked with soil, and at 5:30 am the local wat would tell us all about the fight (they are 4 km away, but they have a powerful PA system, just like the original Buddha...)

So just remove a bunch of illegally held bears? Who was arrested for imprisoning them?

The bears are a protected species. Additionally, the police were prevented from removing the bears.

yes that focus is complete wrong. These bears aren't important. Important would be that it won't happen again in future.

If the worst that could happen is that they take away the protected animals than it is an invitation to try it again.

• Like 2

Yes, you just summarized the problem. Solution: arrest these monks! Police were prevented from doing their job? are you serious?

• Like 1

I have been to the Tiger Temple and also the Tiger Kingdom in Chiang Mai, and the Tigers drugged? They are at the Tiger Temple, I don't think so at the Tiger Kingdom. And almost everyone commenting here seems to think that it is for the tourist dollar, ofcourse it is. Just like everything else in Thailand. It's all about money. So what if the Monks had a few bears there. All the tigers I have seen in Thailand have been well taken care of, including the ones I've seen in both the places I been as mentioned above. I think Thailand tourest will be the next endangered species, because tourest are finding better places to go. Just saying.

• Like 2

Jacob "on-the-ball" Maslow strikes again with bang up to date news. At least the photo helps us understand what the back of a monk holding a young tiger looks like which is a bit of an improvement on the original photo of a monastery in another country.

I have been to the Tiger Temple and also the Tiger Kingdom in Chiang Mai, and the Tigers drugged? They are at the Tiger Temple, I don't think so at the Tiger Kingdom. And almost everyone commenting here seems to think that it is for the tourist dollar, ofcourse it is. Just like everything else in Thailand. It's all about money. So what if the Monks had a few bears there. All the tigers I have seen in Thailand have been well taken care of, including the ones I've seen in both the places I been as mentioned above. I think Thailand tourest will be the next endangered species, because tourest are finding better places to go. Just saying.

So what if the Monks had a few bears there.

Please have a look a this poor bear rescued from a temple, and repeat your "So what if......." comment!!

post-218648-0-95102600-1428382247_thumb.

• Like 2

Ideally our big leader should of used article 44 to arrest behead these law breaking monks live on tv.

Buddhism here is nothing but a mafia for crime on the whole, too much greed here & love of the $ for true Buddhist principle to exist ...

• Like 1

Jacob "on-the-ball" Maslow strikes again with bang up to date news. At least the photo helps us understand what the back of a monk holding a young tiger looks like which is a bit of an improvement on the original photo of a monastery in another country.

Jacob have you met Lite Beer, he works for the TV news team whistling.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/814619-standoff-at-tiger-temple-ends-with-bears-removed-to-new-house-in-chonburi/

The picture of the sick animal is a lie and distortion that has nothing to do with the story.

Correct. But it has a lot to do with the keeping of these lovely animals in a cage for human entertainment. Zoos were a novelty a hundred years ago when people had never seen such animals. Now they are an anachronism when people have access to videos and travel. Today, those great animal lovers, the Chinese, breed them for medical parts.

The tigers at the Kanchanaburi temple were heavily sedated and a mere money maker for the temple and monks.

• Like 1

The biggest gangsters in the country use temples and monks to cover up their crimes and launder money.

The monk at my wife's temple was running big insider stock market trades with some very high level army generals.

The stock market official that attended this temple took 25% in exchange for insider info.

You should have seen the super car collection this monk had.

He ended up in Hong Kong with hundreds of millions of stolen baht.

My wife's friend is out 20 million. The monk did give her a nice Mercedes sport convertible though.

Edited by jamesjohnsonthird
  • Like 1

Elephants are also protected animals, yet in Thailand they are still being tortured to break their will and make them obedient for abuse with tourists.

So three tigers have gone already. How many will vanish before the authorities are supposed to take them?

Utterly ridiculous. It is almost like giving back a drug dealer his stash to mind.

Edited by hughben