Dung Found Not Guilty On "insufficient Evidence"

marquess

I read the same. I guess this chap and O/J can combine efforts - looking for the "real killers". I wonder what sort of noble deeds we can look forward to over the next 30 years or so, from the upstanding pair of brothers.

"..... and justice wept"

Indo

think that one of the most important things for foreigners who want to live here is to learn to accept the Thai Justice System

No! You should have said that what foreigners here should remember, is that there is no Justice System in Thailand

I sat drinking my morning coffee at the local newsagents today and the girl there noticed me shaking my head at the "Not Guilty" report in The Nation.

She says, "Mai dee, na?.... Nee keu muang Thai."

Sometimes I just despair with this country. :o

I feel everybody's collective pain but honestly, is there anybody out there who actually thought that he would be found guilty? I always assumed that the fix was in from the moment he surrendered himself to the authorities.

Guest IT Manager

Wonder what colour the Judges Benz will be.

The Chief Judge was concerned about te backlash to the "verdict" LOL. Verdict. Hah.

Wonder what colour the Judges Benz will be.

They have a few Benz already.

I guess this one will provide for quite a very, very comfortable retirement,... (if they want to retire, maybe a few more juicy cases on their way. So easy, can not stop,...) :o

Sad really when you consider the fearles leaders blatherings about "first world"

If our Dear Leader really wanted to get rid of the corruption, he should start with the judiciary. If the judiciary is clean, the rest will follow pretty fast,...

But I am afraid it will not come to Thailand during my lifetime,... :o

anyone interested in buying the DVD of the event can buy one in Patpong - no sound though

just kidding

but wouldnt it be nice justice if someone was clever enough to make a copy - then let the thai legal system do its thing and then mass release this evidence to the market

interesting plot for a thai movie

:o

The only crime(as Thais see it) that is rendered swift justice here is the slander laws.

Murder tut tut.

As to PM jerking out Judicary remember he still owes them on his I forgot about 600 million baht fiasco.

The boys mother was a judge and his father is still referred too as Pol Capt.

Enough said

I do believe he was banned from entertainment venues for 2 years. That is certainly punishment enough. All the witnesses saw was the guy standing over the dead body before he fled. And hey, when a guy gets shot, what inncoent person doesn't stand over the body for a good last stare before fleeing the country?

ONE WORD ASS#OLE. KARMA.

This, according to one newspaper, was one of the reasons that Duang was acquitted.

"Based on the appearance of the wound on Suwichai's head, forensic scientific tests indicated that he had been shot at point-blank range. All prosecution witnesses testified that they had seen Duang standing one metre from him as he let his outstretched arm drop to his side"

Obviously one metre, or arms length, is not considered close enough to be point-blank.

according to the news story there were two undercover policemen ( one was shot ) on duty in the club that night..what was the testimony of the one that survived and what led them into the situation where one was shot?

according to the nation www.nationmultimedia.com there is a bit of discussion going on on thai web boards about this