whats the latest apple mac laptop for sale?

ghworker2010

44,000 to 55,000 baht for a 12 inch , expensive.

i have to agree with the comment. For 43k you get 2.7GHz cpu speed, 8 gb Ram processor and 128gb memory. dam expensive

The newest models are not in thailand and they dont know when it will arrive. maybe November....

I have a 2009 Macbook Pro. Last year I replaced the hard drive with an SSD and it's now as fast as my wife's new Macbook Air.

My question is, what are your needs? I find the 13" a perfect size. You can get the new MBP 13 with Retina display for about B40,000.

Or, the Mac Air for B36,000. If I would replace my MBP, I would most likely go for the Air

i have to agree with the comment. For 43k you get 2.7GHz cpu speed, 8 gb Ram processor and 128gb memory. dam expensive

The newest models are not in thailand and they dont know when it will arrive. maybe November....

Try to make a random other A-brand laptop last 7 years.

From my experience Apple lasts about twice as long or more and the amount of time spent on maintenance and problem solving is about 10% of what I used to spend on windows laptops. When I switched to Apple 9 years ago it was windows XP on a Dell that I left. But if I look in our office and see how much time the IT guys spend on the windows users I don't think much changed.

They are in iStudio in the new EmQuartier mall at Phrom Phong, not sure how many they have in stock but a friend picked one up last week, he hadn't been able to get one in any of the other iStudio branches.

From my experience Apple lasts about twice as long or more and the amount of time spent on maintenance and problem solving is about 10% of what I used to spend on windows laptops. When I switched to Apple 9 years ago it was windows XP on a Dell that I left. But if I look in our office and see how much time the IT guys spend on the windows users I don't think much changed.

I've got two Toshiba 15.6" laptops bought in 2006 and 2007 which is 9 and 8 years ago....both are still running and running Win 7 on them...I also put a SSD in both....one laptop did break last year (the 8 year old one which has seen almost constant daily use) and took 4 hours and Bt1,500 in a repair shop to replace its video chip...been running fine since and serves as my backup computer. My primary laptop is a Lenovo i7 model approx 1.5 years old...bought it for Bt23K.

According to SquareTrade laptop failure roads, Apple is above averagefor reliability. Link

But we all have our favorite brands regardless of price and that's OK.

post-55970-0-91392800-1428579446_thumb.j

Edited by Pib

The newest 12" Macbook is on it's way, but not available yet.

If you want a new latest model Macbook Pro (I want one too so have been waiting for the new updated-in-March models to arrive), they are available from the Apple.com/th store, but I haven't seen one yet, and I won't buy until I get a chance to check out the new Force Touch trackpad.

When I asked when the new Macbook Pro models would arrive at an iStudio by comSeven store last month, they said by the end of the month.

Expecting to be able to see one, I visited an iStudio by Copperwired a couple of days ago, and they said the new Macbook Pros had not yet arrived.

End of this month, they said.

I'm guessing they don't actually know, but they don't want to tell you that, so what else is new?

If you want to buy any of the basic MacPro models, or at least the standard specifications, you can buy them anywhere. iBeat, iStudio, PowerBuy, PowerMall, it doesn't really matter.

The iBeat (small) and iStudio (larger) are owned and operated by the original Apple distributors from years ago (Copperwired, ComSeven, Uficon and SPVi), and they have a very close relationship with Apple. I think that's why Apple hasn't opened a company store in Bangkok.

If you want to buy an upgraded model (faster CPU, more RAM, more HD storage), then you should buy it online from the Apple Store.

Apple will custom build it in China, and it will be at your door in a week, but If you try to order one at a local store, you will wait a long time.

From Apple's online store, I have bought a 27" iMac (upgraded CPU, upgraded video, maxed RAM and storage) and two 13" Macbook Airs, (upgraded to maximum RAM and HD storage), and you can track the shipments from Shenzhen China every step of the way. Fast, easy and secure.

Some of these distributors own and operate Apple service centers in some of the main cities.

here's an up-to-date list of authorized service centers

http://pantip.com/topic/31085665

I hope this info helps.

Edited by Maeklong

My new MBP bought direct from Apple is less than a week old. Bought direct from Apple and delivered from China, a very smooth transaction. As a teacher I got the educational discount so paid 40,500. It's the basic model as advertised on the web page, the 13 inch retina. It's a very smart and sleek bit of gear and a very significant enhancement on my previous MBP which lasted five years and in addition to being rarely switched off, took a couple of crashing falls. This new one doesn't have a dvd drive but I can live with that. Clearly with small cards capable of storing 128 GB the dvds' days were numbered plus the ubiquity of clouds and external storage theoretically diminish the need for large HDs; hence the comparatively small internal hard drive of 128 GB. But it is beautiful and the keyboard is very responsive. The graphics are great and I like the retina thing - it really enhances the screen quality.

I don't like some of the software things like the keychain. It generates automatic passwords but I have experienced problems using gmail on Mac Mail. Doesn't seem to remember the password and similarly some problems with changing automatically generated and stored passwords on mobile applications. I've been playing with Apple's word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software as I cannot load my Microsoft Office for Mac DVDs - quite similar in real terms to the MS stuff but remarkably easy to use and given that I can export everything in MS formats I am to sure I am going to bother loading Word or Excel.

I am very happy with it. As I say a nice bit of kit

The Air does not have enough ports and no slots for a CD - but you can get an external thingie that - natch - costs.....

Apple do not do anything that they can't soak you for.

Have you ever seen an Air? It's an ultrabook (thin, light, designed for maximum portability) - no-one buys an ultrabook to sit on a desk with a bunch of USB peripherals plugged in wink.png

If you are going to tether your notebook to a desk, buy a macbook or a macbook pro, which have more ports. Or, if you really don't need a portable, buy an iMac, Mac Mini or a Mac Pro.

Get the right tool for the job, as they say wink.png

All that said, what USB peripherals would you actually want to use with it?

It has a keyboard and mouse built right in, and if they aren't enough, go get bluetooth ones that are actually convenient to pack-up and unpack as you move. Buy a printer/scanner that supports Airprint and the only thing it ever needs to be connected to is power. For gaming, again just use bluetooth controllers. Maybe you want to use an external DAC? Well, here's the good news - all Apple's have awesome sound quality, so go ahead and sell it - or buy an AVR that supports Airplay and send the raw digital audio stream from your PC to it over wifi.

What are we down to now? Flash drives? Just plug it in to the supplied USB port smile.png

Edited by IMHO

This. My original March 2006 macbook is still going strong in the hands of my brother. Sure we pay the Apple Tax, but the hardware quality is superb.

Never used an Apple and very unlikely in the future!

However 'good' it is supposed to be the cons (for me) are...

1. Not compatible with many non-Apple equipment/accessories - Restricted to an 'Apple World'
  2. High cost

Today, the above is quite important in a mobile world iMHO

Never used an Apple and very unlikely in the future!

However 'good' it is supposed to be the cons (for me) are...

1. Not compatible with many non-Apple equipment/accessories - Restricted to an 'Apple World'
  2. High cost

Today, the above is quite important in a mobile world iMHO

Install Windows on it, plug in what you want to plug in, go searching for drivers... simple :)

You don't have to run OS X on Apple hardware :)

That said, I'd like to know exactly what it's not compat with - I've never had a single issue plugging in a USB peripheral, or pairing a Bluetooth device.

All the programs I run on my Macs are third party software, and definitely not anything to do with Windoze... although I cannot think of anything I've used on Windows in the past. that can't be read by a Mac...

As much as I prefer Mac, because it's more stable and generally easier to use, I don't like some of the Apple software that comes with it .... You don't need to buy or use ONLY Apple software. There is lots of free stuff out there that does the job of anything I do anyway.... and probably what most people use these days... ...wink.png

Windoze 8 is a nightmare to navigate and look at the cost of having to buy it too...bah.gif

Edited by samuijimmy

Lot of people say they'll never use apple never having used it - and I was a skeptic too, but was gifted a second hand iPhone 4, then impressed took the plunge and bought a MacBook Pro and believe me the saying is true - once you go mac, you never go back.

Or, put another way - how often do you hear people say "I got an iPhone/iPad/MacBook but it was crap and I didn't like it"?

Edited by GooEng

Apple have only just updated the 13" Retina Macbook Pro with Broadcom 2 core processors, and faster SSD. There are rumours that they are waiting for Intel's new skyline processor before updating the 15" as it will feature a 4 cores. Depends on your needs really.

The Air does not have enough ports and no slots for a CD - but you can get an external thingie that - natch - costs.....

You are absolutely correct! Apple frowns on giving things away.

Fortunately we do have options such as this:

post-86619-0-52207500-1429605176_thumb.j

Available on eBay and probably loads of Thai shops for less than 250 THB.

I agree with the other poster who misses the ports being installed but I also missed an optical drive which i actually never used on those of mine that had it.

How can any ultrabook the size of a MacBook Air, whether it is made by Apple or Dell or Asus or whomever, contain a CD drive? They just are not thick enough.

As for USB slots, Dell's XPS 13 is commonly called a Macbook Air competitor and it has two USB inputs just like the MacBook Air. But who cares? As has been mentioned throughout the thread, if two USB inputs are not enough, you just buy a USB hub for 250 baht. And yes, you can buy an "external thingie" for either ultrabook if you want a DVD/CD drive.