90 day reporting 30 days before visa expires

Any thoughts on this appreciated:

if I do my 90 day reporting on my "retirement" visa 30 days before the visa expires does that extend the life of the visa for 60 days...?

It used to work that way with Non-B visa. The 12 month visa was good for 15 months if you stamped in just before the 12 month date.

Thank You Krub

Unless you are in possession of an O/A VISA you do not have a "visa" . You have an "extension of stay based on retirement" which is not "extended" by making a 90 day report !

if you wish to remain in Thailand application for another "extension of stay" must be made during the last 30 days of your current "permitted to stay date"

The "B" visa which you refer to was a multi entry Visa which if used correctly would indeed have permitted a 15 month stay.

Edited by nzexpat
  • Like 1

Since your report date is 30 days before your extension expires, I would plan on doing the report and extending your intermission to stay on the same trip to immigration. It depends on what office that you use, the officer at the one that I use does both and there are not seperate ques.

• Like 2

Renew my extension september, do 90 day reports in july and october,unless the immo spots the game plan and issues 90 day notification on extension date.

Some offices may consider an application for extension of stay to more or less automcatically include a 90 day report ... at least for the first extension application ... but certainly not all of them. How you think you can manage to go from September to July without making a couple of 90 day reports doesn't make sense. And then you do another 90 day report in October, a month after your next extension application would be done the following September makes even less sense.

Understanding your game plan would be a challenge, but spotting it should be fairly easy.

A 90-day reporting cannot extend your visa.

The rules to my knowledge is, that you can apply for Via-extension up to 30 days before the expiry date; however that may be depending of where you are staying.

The difference in counting dates between 90-day address reporting and renewing Visa-extension has been discussed before in treads here. It seems like rules are not the same at all Immigration Offices. Where I stay for example, they don’t want to renew a Visa-extension earlier than one week before expiry date, and the last 90-day reporting before renewal-date – that can be about one month before – the don’t count for longer validity than to the next Visa expiry date, even other posters have corrected me and said, that it’s two totally different system. When extending permission to stay on the Visa, they restart counting 90-days reporting again from the new Visa-extension-date. Sorry to inform the posters correcting me and informing about official Law, that “my” Immigration Office seem to have their own rules – don’t think I gain anything by telling the officers there, that they are wrong...whistling.gif

• Like 1

Thank you all for the feedback

The core of my problem is that I need to leave Thailand 60 days before the visa expires and return to Thailand 10 days after the expire date. I'm trying to find a way to keep the visa valid for the next year ...

The core of my problem is that I need to leave Thailand 60 days before the visa expires and return to Thailand 10 days after the expire date. I'm trying to find a way to keep the visa valid for the next year ...

You cannot keep it valid unless your immigration office will do your extension 60 days early. Some will if you show them you have a ticket out of the country already.

If you enter after your extension ends your re-entry permit will of expired already and you will only be stamped into the country for 30 days.

I did my 90 day report last week(1st April in udon Thani ). My current permission to stay ( based on retirement ) ends on 6th May .

The 90 day report ..............ONLY GAVE ME UNTIL 6TH MAY.( that is - I was only given until the expiry of my current permission to stay).......I asked if I could apply for an extension when I did my 90 day report but was told ......can only do 30 days in advance. I was of course asking about 36 days in advance.

So I will return after Songkran.................to apply for an extension of stay.

I did my 90 day report last week(1st April in udon Thani ). My current permission to stay ( based on retirement ) ends on 6th May .

The 90 day report ..............ONLY GAVE ME UNTIL 6TH MAY.( that is - I was only given until the expiry of my current permission to stay).......I asked if I could apply for an extension when I did my 90 day report but was told ......can only do 30 days in advance. I was of course asking about 36 days in advance.

So I will return after Songkran.................to apply for an extension of stay.

The office here does the same thing. If your next report date will be after your extension ends they make it the same as that date.

You could wait until 2 weeks before your extension ends and do both at the same time.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You cannot keep it valid unless your immigration office will do your extension 60 days early. Some will if you show them you have a ticket out of the country already.

If you enter after your extension ends your re-entry permit will of expired already and you will only be stamped into the country for 30 days.

If anyone has experience of an immigration office that will renew extension of stay "retirement" visa 60 days early based on proof of air ticket I would love to know where, Thanks

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If anyone has experience of an immigration office that will renew extension of stay "retirement" visa 60 days early based on proof of air ticket I would love to know where, Thanks

You cannot just "renew" anywhere

Ask your local immigration office.

My local immigration office would not do what you are seeking .

no, ... you have to report within 7 days of the date on your reporting slip, .. up to7 days before or 7 days after, .... it does not affect the length of the visa. I always wait until the 7 days after, to try to keep it more or less in sync with my renewal

You can do 90 day reports as much as 15 day early or up to 7 days after report date. It was changed to 15 days years ago.

See: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days