We got new neighbours - wildlife advice please

Phazey

If you do a study on the hive - swarm then can I suggest you post on TV's nature photography and the Arts as this seems to be where a lot of stuff relating to insects and other animals is posted? I am sure the regular posters here would be interested to see your results.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/371722-nature/page-52

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like a hornets nest. I had the same in my garden. If it doesn't bother you that much then just leave it. Don't chase them and don't try to burn the nest, etc. You can live in harmony with them. After 1 year they are gone and you can remove the nest without danger and keep it in your house as a beautiful trophy etc, or sell it. Especially Thai people like to b

Sorry. but is not a hornets nest. It is a bees swarm and most probably disperse in a short while. Don't disturb them as they ill sting, as I found out while cutting vegetation underneath their swarm. I found them quit docile otherwise. A hornets nest is like a paper ball shaped construction and the hornets enter and exit through small openings. Again, I have had several of these in my garden and if left alone (keep children away from the nest as there is a temptation to throw stones at it) they are fairly docile.

Hmm,

Actually this is a nest and not a swarm. This type of bee lives on the outside of the nest as shown in the photos.

Are you all blind? Clearly its a rabbit warren....everyone else is guessing....Know-alls know nothing, tsk tsk