Norwegian had/has a problem in Udon

Gonsalviz

I watched a Norwegian taken to the police station Udon today. Apparently sometime last night he was using extremely abusive langauge, so the police were called.

I/we were staying at a hotel near BKK Hospital. His claim was that a doctor at the hospital medicated him with morphine and he came back to the hotel to sleep. Apparently the CCTV has a different story. They searched his bags and did not find anything else.

He was very nice to the police. Claimed he didn't understand Thai but it was clear enough to me the what police were saying.

They asked for the med cert from the hospital but he did not have it. He did say that they could go to the hospital together and check. Last I knew they cuffed him and took him to the police station. Later, one of the cops came back for a bag he had forgotten and told the bar owners that they suspected he did in fact have morphine in him and suspected that the alcohol consumed after set him off. All this in the bar down stairs while I was having coffee.

Considering his chat with the police, I suspect this is true. I do not know if he got charged or not. I go to that hospital also and never carry the med certs they give me but they have never given me drugs that impair me or are illegal.

Best to carry that med cert with you in case you are hauled in.

if he was in his 20s tall skinny and unshaven ( face ) i saw him in a city center bar on tuesday lunch time , he was off his head and trying to make problems even though he was only drinking " fanta " he then said he could,nt pay his bill and had to go to the bank , so off he went , we then saw his bag he,d left behind and gave it to the bar owner , who opened it to find his wallet with over 2000 bt in small notes , he returned and was given his bag back and the wanted to fight every body because he thought they had tried to steal his cash .... 1 crazy guy ..

Morphine, when administered in a Thailand hospital, needs to have the correct paperwork filled out for each dose, accompanied by a vial number, and this then has to be reported and retained for audit. It is not given out willy nilly, and the hospital is accountable for all the numbered vials of morphine in their care.

• Like 1

if he was in his 20s tall skinny and unshaven ( face ) i saw him in a city center bar on tuesday lunch time , he was off his head and trying to make problems even though he was only drinking " fanta " he then said he could,nt pay his bill and had to go to the bank , so off he went , we then saw his bag he,d left behind and gave it to the bar owner , who opened it to find his wallet with over 2000 bt in small notes , he returned and was given his bag back and the wanted to fight every body because he thought they had tried to steal his cash .... 1 crazy guy ..

Probably the same guy that hassled me and my friends two weeks ago.

We were returning in the truck from Sunday lunch and as we were turning in to the carpark he stopped in the middle of the carpark entrance and yelled at me to stop and put up his hands in a stop gesture. He refused to move for several minutes.

He then tried to open the drivers side door which was locked.

Several other friends over the road were watching the events.

He eventually went away but I believe this man needs some serious help as he is a danger to himself and other people.

I would say he is under medication ...and is not handling things well. His behavior brings hazy memories of what I went through, after being diagnosed with alcoholism and depression. Lonely erratic behavior that alienates himself from other people. Loss of job, marital status, financial ability, etc.... can spiral you down to this.

It will take an outward source to help this man. He will be a risk to himself..and possibly to others. Clinical Observation, controlling medication (possibly drugs mixed with alcohol) and finding his way in life...will be the key to control.,

I have a lovely wife that understands my weaknesses. It is essential that she accompany me. I do not take any medications, but suffer greatly from contact with alcohol.....which to my body...has the effect of any combination of drugs/medication. An unfortunate case of heredity.

• Like 1

Usually you have to be near death and in extreme pain for a doctor in Thailand to prescribe morphine. Not well enough to go to back to your hotel room to sleep it off. Something isn't just right with this story. Normally they'd just give you some paracetamol and send you back to your room. Maybe Tramadol if you were in extreme pain. But morphine -- I doubt it.

You're right about the procedure. Just reading the post tells me that the guy must have stolen some morphine from the hospital.

A doctor would never ever prescribe morphine to a patient under the influence of alcohol.

There's more to the story, truly hope that they can sort this guy out and send him back, if needed with his embassy's or friend's help.

It's a class A drug.

Edited by lostinisaan

I occasionaslly suffer from gout - extremely painful, and some years ago a doctor at my local hospital prescribed slow release morphine capsules. I foolishly took too many (I was in real pain) and then went and had a few beers. It didn't take long before I was completely off my head. I thought everyone was out to kill me including my wife and daughter. I was taken to hospital where I don't really remember much, but apparently I had to be held by three hospital porters in order to administer an injection, I ripped out an IV in my arm and tried to attack a nurse.

I was zonked out for two days before the morphine wore off and I was able to go home. Boy was I embarrased when I had to go back to the hospital and apologise. Nobody was upset or angry at me, in fact it was treated as a joke, I suppose they get used to that sort of thing.

It would seem that this poor bloke' s in a similar position to what I was and he needs medical attention. I suppose morphine can affect different people in different ways but I can assure you that it can send you off your trolley.

• Like 2

I would say he is under medication ...and is not handling things well. His behavior brings hazy memories of what I went through, after being diagnosed with alcoholism and depression. Lonely erratic behavior that alienates yourself from other people. Loss of job, marital status, financial ability, etc.... can spiral you down to this.

It will take an outward source to help this man. He will be a risk to himself..and possibly to others. Clinical Observation, controlling medication (possibly drugs mixed with alcohol) and finding his way in life...will be the key to control.,

I have a lovely wife that understands my weaknesses. It is essential that she accompany me. I do not take any medications, but suffer greatly from contact with alcohol.....which to my body...has the effect of any combination of drugs/medication. An unfortunate case of heredity.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Usually you have to be near death and in extreme pain for a doctor in Thailand to prescribe morphine. Not well enough to go to back to your hotel room to sleep it off. Something isn't just right with this story. Normally they'd just give you some paracetamol and send you back to your room. Maybe Tramadol if you were in extreme pain. But morphine -- I doubt it.

Good and accurate post. I was hospitalized once when they did give me morphine. As you stated they only do that if you are in extreme pain, So there is no way they would let me go home to sleep if off after that injection.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good and accurate post. I was hospitalized once when they did give me morphine. As you stated they only do that if you are in extreme pain, So there is no way they would let me go home to sleep if off after that injection.

There're exceptions. I only have to see a doctor at a hospital every month and i do get a lot of morphine sulfate prescribed

( Morphine sulfate are coated with a substance that only gives a particular dosage to your body)

That's completely different when they give it intravenous. We're all different and some people might pass away after only 6 mg intravenous, while others can easily have a dosage of 12 mg.

This is not just about body weight and age. The liver function, kidneys, etc..have to be considered and the patient has to be monitored.

Doctors who give a dosage of 10 mg morphine intravenous to a patient, who'd been drinking alcohol before, should lose their license immediately.

That's basic medical knowledge and therefore not excusable.

Edited by lostinisaan

I had thought this man in Chiang Mai, not Udon Thani when I first responded to the post. As I read more, it sounds like he has serious mental problems. The normal procedure here in Chiang Mai is that he would come to the attention of the police, who would probably bring him into Suan Prung, the government psychiatric hospital. I've seen them do some very good work in helping foreigners with mental problems.

From what I saw in his talk with the police, I'd say he is not mentally ill but I am sure that alcohol and drugs has a profound effect on him.

I have also had a few surgeries here. I was given morphine for pain. Once I was in the room the firstdoc gave me paracetamol. I endured a lot of pain. The second was at least kind enough to give me Tramadol which is not much better but it does help.

He was claiming that it was given to him for his left knee but he walked fine.

He has a problem, forget the HAD a .problem .

He gave a award winning, piss head performance tonight ,despite stiff oposition,err

in the bars of Soi sin sampan , the main red light area of Udon , which i seldom frequent .wub.png

This guy is completely out of it , his eyes tell the story , staring into nowhere , he is completely out of it .

What ever he is on , Tesco not have .

Just another Don Bos, Inglish teacher , venting the weary stress , treading the corridors of Academia etc.wai2.gif

Edited by elliss

Some drugs have a different affect on some people.

A few weeks ago I was rushed to the Government hospital in Korat, gallbladder problem, After a few hours the pain would not go away. I asked the nurse if I could get something for the pain, she gave me an injection & told me it was morphine. I have never had it before but now I understand how people can get hooked on it

"Fly me to the moon" comes to mind.

He has a problem, forget the HAD a .problem .

He gave a award winning, piss head performance tonight ,despite stiff oposition,err

in the bars of Soi sin sampan , the main red light area of Udon , which i seldom frequent .wub.png

This guy is completely out of it , his eyes tell the story , staring into nowhere , he is completely out of it .

What ever he is on , Tesco not have .

Just another Don Bos, Inglish teacher , venting the weary stress , treading the corridors of Academia etc.wai2.gif

You might like to put him in "The quality tourist" Line up.whistling.gif

I've just sent an e-mail to his embassy and informed them. I assume that there're more Norwegians living in Udon, is it possible to find out what the guy's doing, right now?

He only needs to stare at the wrong guy and they'll beat the shit out of him. Did anybody just recently see him?

I've just sent an e-mail to his embassy and informed them. I assume that there're more Norwegians living in Udon, is it possible to find out what the guy's doing, right now?

He only needs to stare at the wrong guy and they'll beat the shit out of him. Did anybody just recently see him?

Known locally as Scandia Lunatics , he was last seen in the gutter .

With a Dr Martin Boot signature , stamped , on his forehead .

Good night wai2.gif

Edited by elliss

Is this guy still around?

Here's a contact address, should anybody know more about the guy.

clear.gifclear.gifclear.gifclear.gif
RE: Norwegian man with mental problems in Udon Thani, Isaan
An Cc: Magnusson, Brita Ve, Davis, Einar Anders
bluemanmxl.png
From: Hauslo, Anne Marie ([email protected]) Sent: Thursday, 16. April 2015 16:55:03 To: lostinisaan Cc: Magnusson, Brita Ve ([email protected]); Davis, Einar Anders ([email protected])

Dear losinisaan,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Norwegian man with mental problems. Our first question is, how do you or the person that informed you know that he is a Norwegian? Would it be possible to find out his name and birthdate?

We have tried to find out who and where he is. We would be happy if you could provide us with more inform about this Norwegian man. Since you did not write us the name, we suppose you do not have it. If you know which police station in Udon Thani they are talking about and his approximately age etc. etc. e would be happy to get it.

Maybe the person who informed you can contact the Norwegian embassy him- or herself?

We also tried to open the attached link (www.thaivia.com), but there was nothing. The other link did not give us any information to work further on.

We hope to hear from you again with more information, so we at least can do our best in helping him.

Best regards

Anne-Marie Hauslo

Consular officer

Royal Norwegian Embassy Bangkok

Cheers-wai2.gif

Edited by lostinisaan